QUESTION FOR DJI ABOUT SHIPPING DELAY [Main thread for delivery discussion]
76683 775 2014-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Will those people who are fifth in line, please form a line.
2014-12-19
Use props
jessecarllane
lvl.1

United States

When I ordered my Inspire 1, the advertised shipping date was stated on their web site as being December 15th, 2014.  (I see the charge posted to my account on 11/15)
2014-12-19
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

Just think we all waiting for the same thing..... who's going to get there's first
2014-12-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You guys will probably get production units before I will.  The beta units will be shipped back to DJI and we will wait for what you have already ordered.
2014-12-19
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

dang..that bites Ed.
  of course in my case the friggin dealer decided to just cancel my order that was placed soon after the announcement. Now i have an order with Amazon. It will be interesting to see how all this pans out for everybody.
2014-12-19
Use props
krantonsen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6855305 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Gorilla Drone Posted at 2014-12-19 03:18
i really hope that is the case, but right now theres an inspire 1 making its dealer tour so maybe  ...

Now the day has been changed to 31.12.2014.   Do not expect something before the January / February, so I do not get to be disappointed.
2014-12-20
Use props
hey3825968
lvl.1
United States

Helipal Posted at 2014-12-18 07:57
Spoke to b&h today (12:30 EST) for status of my order placed 11-20-14 (the flying camera line) the s ...

I ordered direct, and have yet to see the "#4" (stage) turn blue on my shipment. I understood that it was to here at my house NLT 21 DEC. Well that's not going to happen.  
2014-12-20
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This is all pretty ridiculas if you think about it, we have all payed top dollar in advance and have truly received no concrete dates for shipping.
on or around just doesn't cut it for me, were not talking about a couple of dollars here, for some this is a major purchase.
DJI should be able to annouce an actual confirmed date for shipping.
Its all very misleading and falsly represented.
2014-12-20
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

It was our choice to pre-order and it's not like we won't get what we're paying for - in fact we're getting more than we expected thanks to DJI including that case with our orders. A short delay with an improved product is preferable to having no delay, but having a product with issues that could have been resolved.
2014-12-20
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

pauldean85@goog Posted at 2014-12-20 23:18
It was our choice to pre-order and it's not like we won't get what we're paying for - in fact we're  ...

AGREED!!!!
2014-12-20
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

kp.iwsltd@shaw. Posted at 2014-12-20 23:03
This is all pretty ridiculas if you think about it, we have all payed top dollar in advance and have ...

What you say is very true, but in the other hand im just glad to get the inspire 1 period timeline never get me bound up, also the case for me was a 469.00 savings sine I also pre-ordered the GPC case. The old Motto still like good things happed to people who wait
2014-12-20
Use props
ETDroneHome
lvl.2

United States

LOL, I guess you've never purchased a new car that wasn't on the lot.  You can wait weeks or months without any idea when it's going to get in.
2014-12-20
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

cmontisano@smuh Posted at 2014-12-20 23:49
What you say is very true, but in the other hand im just glad to get the inspire 1 period timeline ...

Heh
I totally agree with you however I do believe there could be a little better communication from DJI.
Like a real shipping date.
It's really great that a free case is included also
2014-12-20
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

ETDroneHome....good analogy....and yes, on a limited edition model it can take weeks...and plenty of delays. This wait is nothing compared to a special-order car.
2014-12-20
Use props
AVNes
lvl.3

United States

Time to stir the pot. Follow the link and see the first post. I stumbled across it on Instagram. Hmmmm

http://www.oninstagram.com/profile/skyecamproductions
2014-12-20
Use props
mlebout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80635728 ft
Canada

If they provided a tracking number, it usually means pick up next business day.
2014-12-21
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

metalios Posted at 2014-12-21 21:12
Not sure when the the update occurred, but my DJI Online Store order for the Inspire was updated.
D ...

Metalios, DHL is two day shipping international I beleive when DJI ships... where are you located?
2014-12-21
Use props
coltwest
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73595138 ft
United States

metalios Posted at 2014-12-21 21:12
Not sure when the the update occurred, but my DJI Online Store order for the Inspire was updated.
D ...

My order has been updated as well with FedEx as the carrier. Still showing "pending" as the shipping status . No stage 4 and no tracking number.
2014-12-21
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gorilla Drone Posted at 2014-12-21 22:48
Metalios, DHL is two day shipping international I beleive when DJI ships... where are you located?

New York .....

my bad guys and girls. Shipper is Fedex and now no tracking number. I had several orders for various DJI products and may have misread the order.
2014-12-21
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

And the Race is on..............................
2014-12-21
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

Yea it should be two days. hopefully custom doesn't hold it back but I tell you on a good day DHL orders come overnight to NJ.
2014-12-21
Use props
ned
New

New Zealand

Bottom line it is what it is.

To those posters demanding compensation etc what a bunch of whiners. Take some harden up pills Princess and just wait for it to arrive. I would rather they send me a unit thats 100% working with no issues than one that is going to have issues.

Gotta love the whiners.
I spoke to my distributor here in New Zealand and they are expecting their shipment in the first or second week of January.
2014-12-21
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

Atlanta Hobby Owner on RCGROUPS;

atlav8r;
"Merry Christmas, I just received word that our first shipments are being packed for the short trip to the US."
2014-12-21
Use props
Jlinn
lvl.1

United States

I notice that on the DJI site, for the Inspire 1 there are no downloads available. The hang up must be a software issue. At least. Yeah, let them get it right before shipping.
2014-12-22
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

Piecing together previous posts from DJI about batches (one or two) based on order date and inspecting my order status, it seems I did make it into batch one and now I too show FedEx as carrier.  Just like some of you though, no tracking number.

I missed the holiday delivery we all hoped for. But we all know why DJI delayed. Now, just hoping it arrives before my planned shoot in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina January 17th. As long as I have it in my happy hands by January 15, I will be good.
2014-12-22
Use props
abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazon is now saying release date is Jan. 10:  
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Inspir ... p;keywords=Inspire1
2014-12-22
Use props
awaissarwar
lvl.1

Taiwan

abe@abekleinfel Posted at 2014-12-22 22:55
Amazon is now saying release date is Jan. 10:  
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Inspire-1/dp/B00PJG9TCA/re ...

Well, I think that's for new orders. Obviously the pre-orders will ship before that. The first and second batch should most likely ship before that (I hope)
2014-12-22
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

awaissarwar Posted at 2014-12-22 23:05
Well, I think that's for new orders. Obviously the pre-orders will ship before that. The first and ...

I am pretty sure u are right...
2014-12-22
Use props
admin
lvl.1

United States

I sell on Amazon, and from Experience, when sending my inventory to them, it still takes a few days/week for processing and re-distribution throughout their multiple warehouses, so I bet whenever Amazon gets them, it will take them longer to start shipping than regular dealers, mainly just because they are so big.
2014-12-22
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

I still suspect most people wont receive there orders before end of year between Christmas and U/S Customs and then getting to the dealers for reshipment out to your door, it will be cutting close that for sure, im more guessing people will getting after the 1st of the year but you know what they say its not how you get it, its more like who you know.  
2014-12-22
Use props
awaissarwar
lvl.1

Taiwan

Come on DJI!

Tell us when will we get our orders? You should know by now when you plan on shipping them unless you found more issues with it.
2014-12-23
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

My stockist in the UK is expecting stock this week, but I've been told to expect my order early next week due to Christmas and the couriers not delivering on the back half of this week.

I spoke to them on the phone on Monday to pay for the order (previously paid a deposit).
2014-12-23
Use props
awaissarwar
lvl.1

Taiwan

pauldean85@goog Posted at 2014-12-23 22:40
My stockist in the UK is expecting stock this week, but I've been told to expect my order early next ...

Thanks Paul. That's really helpful. Let's hope we get it soon
2014-12-23
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

No worries, hopefully the end is in sight and we can all begin to enjoy our purchases
2014-12-23
Use props
agallo33
lvl.1

United States

kp.iwsltd@shaw. Posted at 2014-12-20 23:03
This is all pretty ridiculas if you think about it, we have all payed top dollar in advance and have ...

I couldn't agree more. I've asked every time there has been a new announcement with a tentative estimate of time of a month the product will be released.

I was baffled to read a post that suggested that an order was placed on the 11-20 was going out this week. The response about my 11-15 order was that it would go out early January.

I'm now having to call in and ask the reason why my order would not be in the first round of shipping. Perhaps they have all been delayed again.

I agree that this is beyond unacceptable. I'm going to write a column on technet about DJI's and it's inability to update the customer with delays. At this rate we have lent DJI 3k per order for 2 months. Travel case is becoming less and less of a "we are sorry" gift.

If you're vote is to refund please say so. I'd like to get an idea of how much buying power we have here.
2014-12-23
Use props
kasper.levison
lvl.2

Sweden

Strange that DJI is not saying anything about delivery time.
If 10.000 people/orders are prepaid than they have approx. $ 33.000.000 in their account today.
Maybe someone thinks it a better idea to take off with the money...

What guarantees are there that they will deliver at all !? none !
2014-12-23
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

Paypal's new terms of service guarantees that if you don't receive your item within 6 months (180 days) that you can get your money back from Paypal.
2014-12-23
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

dji is too busy counting our money.
2014-12-23
Use props
TBoner
New

United States

At this point, this feels like a giant poorly crafted Kickstarter campaign.  
2014-12-24
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

agallo33 Posted at 2014-12-24 04:03
I couldn't agree more. I've asked every time there has been a new announcement with a tentative es ...

I'm sure you could cancel your order if you feel that bad about it. You could then get your money back. I don't think threats are really going to change things. It will arrive when they are ready. Whether that is next week or a couple weeks later.
2014-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules