QUESTION FOR DJI ABOUT SHIPPING DELAY [Main thread for delivery discussion]
76664 775 2014-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
e350coupe
lvl.2

Canada

Skippyo Posted at 2015-3-8 04:09
I've waited seven weeks now. Payment was confirmed on 17th of January and still no word on shipping. ...

In response as to why yours was shipped later then some others, I just received my unit today and noted in big letters on the box read "US and Canada B", it appears that there is different software for US and Canada and other countries.  I feel sorry that you ordered 2 weeks before me and I got my unit first.
2015-3-9
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm a little concerned about ordering direct from DJI.  I wound up having to cancel my order after being delayed so many times and received my inspire from a us based reseller (almost immediately).  Has anyone seen better turn around with DJI orders more recently?  I'm asking because I was considering giving it another go with DJI for accessories.
2015-3-14
Use props
theac3man
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Still waiting for mine from a DJI approved reseller, I am in the uk and have been waiting about 2-3weeks but I know that is nothing compared to what some people have been waiting for theirs
2015-3-15
Use props
alvaro.helle
lvl.2

Mexico

I bought my inspire in DSLRPros at the beginning of December. I received my aircraft in February and my second control I have not received yet.
2015-3-16
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I once again gave up on DJI Online Sales.  All I wanted to do is order the controller strap for my 2nd Inspire Controller.  They told me that it would take 3 full weeks before I would see it here in the USA.  That is totally unacceptable.  Does anyone know of anyone that carries this product on the USA?
2015-3-16
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

China is undergoing many political changes.. the communist govt is tightening the screws again on the liberalization we have seen in the last 10 years...remember old days how long it took to get an item from china??
Best to order locally in my experience it is ACTUALLY fastest go figure
2015-3-22
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

ems1016 Posted at 2014-11-30 14:13
I haven't been a member that long on the quadcopter sites, but one thing is certain: there are membe ...

Hope all is well EMS1016....thanks for your input in this discussion..it kinda puts things in perspective.
2015-3-22
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-3-22 18:42
China is undergoing many political changes.. the communist govt is tightening the screws again on th ...

Thank you for the insight
2015-3-24
Use props
tungvu.tv
lvl.1

United States

Clem2099 Posted at 2015-2-23 07:26
Did your order come ok and did you get both controllers?  Mine came this past Wed and the prop lock ...

I'm sorry about the delay in response, I rarely log on to DJI forums nowaday. Yes, I ordered the single remote version. They arrived on time...though when I turn the Inspire 1 on, the camera gimbal goes limp. I sent it back to B&H and they sent me a replacement quickly. That unit functioned flawlessly and I been enjoying my time with it this last month. B&H wins my loyalty for sure, always a pleasure dealing with them. I hope everything went well for you guys!
2015-4-1
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I have ordered tons of stuff from B&H photo video in NY City... i am in Canada. They are a joy to deal with and were very understanding in returning defective goods a few times i had to return them. They get my vote!! i am one happy customer..(no relation to B&H
2015-4-7
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

tungvu.tv@gmail Posted at 2015-4-2 14:27
I'm sorry about the delay in response, I rarely log on to DJI forums nowaday. Yes, I ordered the s ...

I ended up returning my Inspire and have not been on this site much since.  I saw that the P3 is coming out. I might try my hand at that and see how it goes.
2015-4-8
Use props
JKent
lvl.1

United States

Here's a lengthy copy/paste update from a thread I just posted.

My second controller finally arrived today, I should be happy about this and somehow I'm not.

Let me preface this by saying, if DSLR Pros customer service is to be believed then DJI takes a large portion of the responsibility for this as well and should be fessing up and apologizing to their customers.

I ordered my Inspire 1 with two controllers the second week of December through Amazon. The first week of January DSLRPros contacted me and told me that the Inspire's were getting ready to ship and if I could cancel my order through amazon and place directly through them they would send me a copy of their drone academy video (ended up just being a download code, a flight log notebook and a preflight checklist so it didn't cost them very much but was a nice gesture).

At the same time I ordered my Inspire 1 directly through DSLR Pros I also added a TB48 battery.

DSLR Pros charged my credit card on January 9th for the full amount of my two-controller Inspire 1 and the battery.

At the end of January my Inspire 1 arrived w/ a single controller and no explanation of where the second controller was or when I could expect it, I had to call DSLR Pros to learn that they were shipping separately and there was a delay in them receiving the secondary controllers from DJI (why is this a bundle then?)

A few more calls, every couple of weeks to ask for a status update later and my TB48 battery finally arrived the second week of March, still no explanation for the delay on the secondary controllers or an update on when they might be expected.

In early March I finally decided to ask for a refund but they would only offer to refund me the difference between the two-controller bundle and the single controller package ($100 less than it would cost me to go buy a secondary controller after the fact). I pushed for a refund of the full amount and they wouldn't authorize it. At this point they had been sitting on my full ~$3800's for two and a half months and not once reached out to me proactively to apologize for the delay or explain the situation.

Shortly after asking for a refund I spoke to a sales person who assured me that they had word from DJI that they would be receiving a shipment the following week and he would ensure they set one aside for me to ship out as soon as it arrived. The reasoning he gave for the delay was that DJI had some firmware issues with linking the second controllers and had delayed shipments to all of their distributors until they could work it out. He said they were frustrated that DJI didn't bother to make the information public so it was reflecting poorly on the distributors even though DJI was to blame. Of course I never received my controller in mid-late March as promised, nor did I receive any follow-up apology. I suggested several times when talking to them that it would go a long way towards winning their customers trust if they would send out an email blast explaining the situation and providing updates, they said they were planning on doing that... again, never happened.

A week ago was my last call to DSLR Pros and they told me that DJI had finally shipped them their controllers and that one was already on it's way to me. I hadn't received a tracking number so I asked for one at that point. They sent me a tracking number later that day and today I finally received my controller.

Now, I don't know how much this would normally bother me, I'm a pretty patient person, but the fact that I had to call them 4 or 5 times over the course of 3 months to ever get any kind of information on what was happening (and most of it was false at that) got to be extremely frustrating. That's my money you've been sitting on and this is my time you're wasting by not proactively updating your customers of the delays. I shouldn't have to sit on hold for 10-20 minutes each time I call to find out "oh sorry, we still don't have it and have nothing to tell you"

I feel pretty sore about investing thousands of dollars in the bank of DSLRPros for 3 months and never getting so much as an offered apology or acknowledgement things were f'd up.

If DJI is really to blame for some of their largest distributors not receiving shipments then that's pretty messed up too. At the very least an explanation would have been great.

2015-4-14
Use props
Freebird
lvl.1

United States

Had to post something because there doesn't seem to be a quick way to get to the last page...
2015-4-24
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

Just a quick share on my shipping experience ordered on 5 8 with the whole 9 yards shipped on 5 11 and on 5 12 order got separated to ship my two extra batteries separate.  Main unit to be delivered 5 15.  Not bad China to my door in a week.

Edit:  Everything just arrived minus the two batteries that they decided to ship separate.
2015-5-14
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

busclas Posted at 2015-5-14 18:37
Just a quick share on my shipping experience ordered on 5 8 with the whole 9 yards shipped on 5 11 a ...

They typically ship the batteries domestically.
2015-5-14
Use props
rondicklin1
New
United States

Is anyone else still having problems receiving spare batteries? I ordered a Phantom 3, backpack and 2 spare batteries. Recieved the Phantom 3 and backpack, just not the batteries. The onlinesales@DJI.com is terrible. I keep getting different messages on what's going on and seem to be in a black hole on getting anywhere. HELP!
2015-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules