Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drklion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

lethbrp Posted at 2014-12-24 17:55
I'm sure you could cancel your order if you feel that bad about it. You could then get your money  ...

We who made payments in full agreed to the terms of the delivery date.  When DJI failed to deliver that agreement was broken.  When DJI offered the case and a new date for delivery (in general) and we did not request our funds back we again agreed to the terms.

1.  We as buyers who have paid in full have the right to request at least a date of release.  Technically the product is ours and we should be able to have a clearer delivery date.

2. DJI, by accepting the funds in full, accept the terms as well.  They are to deliver the product and provide acceptable feed on construction, delays and confirmed delivery dates.

3. We and DJI have accepted the terms.  

All I ask is DJI inform us on our invested interest on a timely manner and we would not be so frustrated.  Most of us have plans for the product but now our plans are delayed.
2014-12-24
Use props
awaissarwar
lvl.1

Taiwan

drklion Posted at 2014-12-24 20:17
We who made payments in full agreed to the terms of the delivery date.  When DJI failed to deliver ...

I totally second that
2014-12-24
Use props
hej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2040512 ft
Sweden

Actually, if they would be open with the delay in why, and how the progress is going then it would be fine with me. But if they are quiet like they are now then there is something going on thats not flattering for DJI... or they are just bad at information.  ;c)
2014-12-24
Use props
mjdmike
lvl.3

United States

hej@mgns.se Posted at 2014-12-24 20:48
Actually, if they would be open with the delay in why, and how the progress is going then it would b ...

I agree completely.  I understand and accept the issues and the delays, and I appreciate their initial willingness to speak out honestly and inform us of the problem, their intended resolution, and potential delivery dates.

However, I find it alarming that we haven't hear anything from DJI in weeks, and it even appears that the reps that were feeding bits of information here on the forum, have also gone silent.

Whether the Inspire 1 is delayed or at the shipping docks, I feel the DJI customers and supporters deserve some sort of response here to the many questions and speculations.

It's not complicated -- it's just good business, and is the right thing to do.

2014-12-24
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also don't support consumer threats and complaints, but strongly feel that we're entitled to better information regarding status.

DJI, the fact that you've taken significant orders and collected "real" money - you owe us better communication. Many on this forum, including me,  have planned trips and deserve info. It shouldn't be complicated unless you have other undisclosed problems -  in which case you should come clean and simply state so. You'll probably find us supportive in that we don't want a problematic product.

I ditto mjdmike,

"It's not complicated -- it's just good business, and is the right thing to do."

2014-12-24
Use props
mlebout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80635728 ft
Canada

For what it's worth:

"michael
Please advise if first round Inspire 1's have been shipped?
If not, when do you expect these orders to begin shipping???
Thank you!
Serina joined the chat
Serina
1) Next week for Round 1
michael
is this a certainty?
Serina
Yes
michael
Thank you Serina"
2014-12-24
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for this update. DJI uses this forum to communicate. They know that they have disgruntled customers.

They should have simply kept as posted via this thread or email.
2014-12-24
Use props
powerhs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1195696 ft
United States

mlebout@hotmail Posted at 2014-12-25 00:22
For what it's worth:

"michael

Chat started
Giuseppe
Any idea on shipping date fore Inspire1?
Serina joined the chat
Serina
It will start shipping next week.
Giuseppe
Ok 10 Q
Will the TB48 Battery be available soon?
Serina
Yes, early in Jan.
Giuseppe
ok 10 Q
Serina
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Have a great holiday!
Giuseppe
U 2
2014-12-24
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675046 ft
United States

Are these chats with DJI or suppliers?
2014-12-24
Use props
mlebout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80635728 ft
Canada

DJI Sales Reps
2014-12-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

My order is with B&H. Where I am on the list I have no idea. Their website states the end of December. Actually O only care that DJI has corrected the problem(s) and I don't go int a tree on my first flight. It is what it is folks.
2014-12-24
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

I still confused why people are really upset that don't have there inspire 1, unless someone can show me confirmation from DJI Direct that they should have their unit all really, Then I  would understand allot better, I didn't know when the product was going to ship out but expected release date was given and that's it, and really DJI never promised me delivery on any certain date, but I still moved forward and made my preorder purchase of $4,700 including accessories, now I do agree everyone is entitled to their own statement, I just would think if you were really disappointed that the DJI Inspire 1 hasn't come cancelation is always an option but I really think most of you are in this till you get it and hopefully every will be overjoyed.
Merry Christmas Eve to all and I wish everyone total resolution on whatever that may be....
2014-12-24
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

I am of the thought that the delays at this holiday season is having to do with the DJI offices/sales/executives in NA and Europe being closed for the holidays. This may explain why we are not hearing anything our of DJI right now. Unless someone corrects me, the manufacturing in China's facility is probably working.
2014-12-24
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

MTShipp Posted at 2014-12-25 08:47
I am of the thought that the delays at this holiday season is having to do with the DJI offices/sale ...

Good Assumption................... I want to think their already shipped myself and on there way to their distributers from what the Buzz is on what's some people are reporting but I still don't have any hard evidence of that. I wish someone from DJI would chime in.
2014-12-24
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

i know it takes quite awhile to get from China to the U.S. so if they have not shipped by now there won't be any by the first.
i think they first round has shipped though from what i have heard. time will tell. i am not expecting mine before the 15th though..sniff.
2014-12-24
Use props
mauriprint
lvl.1

France

HI EVERYBODY,
Hey to all DJI team, i know you are reading EVERy post ,especially Éric Cheng .
With all your conference with the inspire why you dont tell people the truth.
Communication is very important. My dealer where i bought my inspire ,when i phone him to got a feedback of the delivery hé told me its not necessarry to phone EVERY 3 days and that my phone call will change  nothing .
Éric Cheng be a professional man. And give us information on the delivery for the first and second round ordres.you already got a lot of Money from the pré order so you better give us clear information.If on the DJI web site are Round 3 pre-orders have begun. Orders in this round will ship on or around 2015-01-15. so Where are all the inspire that people already ordered on first and second round.
I think that every dealer got the inspire and they are waiting App Store to realease the Pilot App and nothing before 30 Déc.
Éric Cheng be honest and come on this forum and Tell the truth to all the people who already paid for there inspire 1.
2014-12-25
Use props
mauriprint
lvl.1

France

HI EVERYBODY,
Hey to all DJI team, i know you are reading EVERy post ,especially Éric Cheng .
With all your conference with the inspire why you dont tell people the truth.
Communication is very important. My dealer where i bought my inspire ,when i phone him to got a feedback of the delivery hé told me its not necessarry to phone EVERY 3 days and that my phone call will change  nothing .
Éric Cheng be a professional man. And give us information on the delivery for the first and second round ordres.you already got a lot of Money from the pré order so you better give us clear information.If on the DJI web site are Round 3 pre-orders have begun. Orders in this round will ship on or around 2015-01-15. so Where are all the inspire that people already ordered on first and second round.
I think that every dealer got the inspire and they are waiting App Store to realease the Pilot App and nothing before 30 Déc.
Éric Cheng be honest and come on this forum and Tell the truth to all the people who already paid for there inspire 1.
2014-12-25
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

s.s.gibbs1@gmai Posted at 2014-12-25 12:37
i know it takes quite awhile to get from China to the U.S. so if they have not shipped by now there  ...

Normally I would agree but since Apple can ship their i'devices from China to the U.S. and have FedEx deliver them in 3-4 days, I am not so sure.
2014-12-25
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

latest post don't know if this has anything to do with DJI no saying much.

Gorilla Drone Posted at 2014-12-24 09:45
Autumn, so nice to see you online it's been a long time. Is DJI getting ready for any shipping upd ...

DJI Autumn's Answer:
Still got the same answer
Maybe they wanna keep the secret and bring a surprise to you all.   

Don't Kill the Messenger,
Merry Christmas to all and I wish a delivery of a DJI Inspire 1 for all
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
2014-12-25
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

latest post don't know if this has anything to do with DJI no saying much.

Gorilla Drone Posted at 2014-12-24 09:45
Autumn, so nice to see you online it's been a long time. Is DJI getting ready for any shipping upd ...

DJI Autumn's Answer:
Still got the same answer
Maybe they wanna keep the secret and bring a surprise to you all.   

Don't Kill the Messenger,
Merry Christmas to all and I wish a delivery of a DJI Inspire 1 for all
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
2014-12-25
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

I found this on the Web today from a reporter NEWSHOOTER ( Cut and Paste ) I know this may be OLD new for some but I thought I would share my find...

UPDATE: This is the email sent customers who pre-ordered the Inspire 1 from DJI:

Dear DJI Customer,

We want to give you an update on the status of the Inspire 1 shipments.

Because we are committed to giving you only the best systems DJI can produce, we have decided to postpone shipment of our first units, and we want to explain this decision to you.

Earlier this year, we started flying and testing the first Inspire 1 beta units. The technology we built into the Inspire 1 is based on all of our years of research and development, and we have always dreamed of combining these elements into one complete system. So these first flights were deeply important to us.

As these flight tests went increasingly well, we started bringing the Inspire 1 around the world to test it in different environments. At that time, we were 99% certain for a launch date in early December. Unfortunately, as we started ramping up to full production scale, there were unavoidable circumstances that prevented our best work from being completed.

So now it is the right decision to delay shipments. We apologize for bringing you this news, but we are working hard to give you the best products you need.

We will update you on our shipment times soon.

Sincerely,

DJI
2014-12-25
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

I found this on the Web today from a reporter NEWSHOOTER ( Cut and Paste )   I know this may be OLD new for some but I thought I would share my find...

UPDATE: This is the email sent customers who pre-ordered the Inspire 1 from DJI:

Dear DJI Customer,

We want to give you an update on the status of the Inspire 1 shipments.

Because we are committed to giving you only the best systems DJI can produce, we have decided to postpone shipment of our first units, and we want to explain this decision to you.

Earlier this year, we started flying and testing the first Inspire 1 beta units. The technology we built into the Inspire 1 is based on all of our years of research and development, and we have always dreamed of combining these elements into one complete system. So these first flights were deeply important to us.

As these flight tests went increasingly well, we started bringing the Inspire 1 around the world to test it in different environments. At that time, we were 99% certain for a launch date in early December. Unfortunately, as we started ramping up to full production scale, there were unavoidable circumstances that prevented our best work from being completed.

So now it is the right decision to delay shipments. We apologize for bringing you this news, but we are working hard to give you the best products you need.

We will update you on our shipment times soon.

Sincerely,

DJI
2014-12-25
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

Here is one more I found on the web explain there Delay.  I know this may be OLD new for some but I thought I would share my find...

The following information was found on the DJI Support Forum on November 30th:

Hey guys,
I apologize for the shipment delay.
Actually we do have encountered some problems in production.
The worst one is the lens. The original design is lens + filter glass.
But we found that when the sun is not appeared in the filed of view, the sun light will affect the image quality.
Engineers advised to accept the result because it is just one case and will be ok in 90% of applications.
But the product manager disagreed. He insisted that the camera is the key point of the inspire 1.
We should do something to make things better.
So we decided to add lens hood onto the camera.
And you can find out the camera on website is different with the introduction video.
It is a big change and the date is close to release.
However there are a lot of work to do.
Redesigned the camera within limited weight and room.
Changed the design of lens.
Made the plastic molding which is 20 days in general and we compressed it down to 15 days.
Test and so on.
The shipment date was estimated to the end of November if everything goes well.
But unfortunately, troubles happened time by time.
We have to inform you the delay info reluctantly.

Please believe that we are doing our best to get it done.
We are more anxious than you.
2014-12-25
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

Here is one more I found on the web explain there Delay.    I know this may be OLD new for some but I thought I would share my find...

The following information was found on the DJI Support Forum on November 30th:

Hey guys,
I apologize for the shipment delay.
Actually we do have encountered some problems in production.
The worst one is the lens. The original design is lens + filter glass.
But we found that when the sun is not appeared in the filed of view, the sun light will affect the image quality.
Engineers advised to accept the result because it is just one case and will be ok in 90% of applications.
But the product manager disagreed. He insisted that the camera is the key point of the inspire 1.
We should do something to make things better.
So we decided to add lens hood onto the camera.
And you can find out the camera on website is different with the introduction video.
It is a big change and the date is close to release.
However there are a lot of work to do.
Redesigned the camera within limited weight and room.
Changed the design of lens.
Made the plastic molding which is 20 days in general and we compressed it down to 15 days.
Test and so on.
The shipment date was estimated to the end of November if everything goes well.
But unfortunately, troubles happened time by time.
We have to inform you the delay info reluctantly.

Please believe that we are doing our best to get it done.
We are more anxious than you.
2014-12-25
Use props
rwt0227
lvl.2

United States

Mine Shipped! (12/25) See picture of packaging!

My 6 yr. old daughter has been so excited and she knew there were delays so for Christmas she somehow got me bumped up in shipping line! This morning she presented the following package to me (She's awesome!):

1-20141225_144225.jpg
1-20141225_144420.jpg
2014-12-25
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

Lol priceless
2014-12-25
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Great kids...sweet gesture.
2014-12-25
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

That what awesome!  Might make your own parody to DJI's Christmas video!
2014-12-25
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

o.m.g.! you have a winner there..wow,what a great kid.
2014-12-25
Use props
max
lvl.3

South Africa

Fantastic!  You have the sweetest daughter!  What an amazing kid!
2014-12-25
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

I called amazon today and they still are showing jan.1 as getting them in stock. i called them because my order now showed now it was coming from drone source (who i did not order from) I guess if i get an e mail on the second saying it was shipped then i will be certain,other than that i think this is useless information at this point.
2014-12-25
Use props
jebryant10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

Please tell us when it will ship!

I placed a pre order for my Inspire 1 before it was announced and it was thought to be called the Triumph. I did not know the price nor the specifications of the drone but I did know I wanted one. I like many others have paid for our Inspire and have been waiting weeks for our new drone but day after day goes buy and we have not received our drone and are being kept in the dark to the shipping status. DJI please be honest and tell us the true status of the Inspire 1. Telling bad news to a customer is difficult but is the best way to treat your customers, have respect for us and we will have confidence in you.
2014-12-26
Use props
adhartogs
lvl.1

Netherlands

hallo wat een leuk idee super is echt zeer gaaf en lief  sucses vanuit nederland hopende dat de inspire1 snel bij je is.
2014-12-26
Use props
hey3825968
lvl.1
United States

David@trewern.c Posted at 2014-11-29 11:06
From the sound of the email below, with no specific dates - it sounds like there are issues that a ...

DJI, Thanks for your attendance to this delay, I too assure myself by having the wait the Inspire 1 will be a fare better product. Sometimes with my past clients were always pleased when my videos took a little longer to produce as apposed to "get it out the door," and never got a call back. That said, I'm wondering if you could at least in the interim upload a PDF file on the Inspire 1 to keep our minds off the waiting? PDF file on instructions, do's and don't if you know what I mean? In advance thanks for what you are doing ensuring the best product possible. Lastly, is it true that we (who is?) will be receiving a carrying case of some sorts too that fits the Inspire 1?  Can you expand on that for us as well? Thanks you!
2014-12-26
Use props
agallo33
lvl.1

United States

My Inspire 1 hasn't shipped yet

Starting a thread to focus on when you ordered and what your status is.

I ordered on 11/15 and still do not have estimated shipping date. I read on the forum that someone ordered 11/20 had a status of shipped. I contacted DJI and they said they would bring it to a managers attention. It's been 3 days and no response.

2014-12-26
Use props
gds3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29646 ft
United States

Ordered 11/16.  No tracking number or shipping.  Ordered directly to DJI.
2014-12-26
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Looks there is a lucky one in our crowd http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2014-12-26
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675046 ft
United States

Ordered Direct from DJI 11/18. Nothing yet.
2014-12-26
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Ordered from Heliguy UK on 16th November, advised the order will ship next week.
2014-12-26
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I don't think he is necessarily "in our crowd". I think he has been given a first production model as an honor or a thank-you. But that's just a guess.
2014-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules