Phantom 3 Standard New Firmware
4192 19 2015-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJIReleases New Firmware for the Phantom 3 Standard
Anew firmware update (V1.2.0040) is now available for the Phantom 3 Standard.Please download and update your Phantom 3 Standard via the DJI GO app.
Overview
1.    All-in-OneFirmware Updated to:v1.2.0040
7-17.jpg
Bug Fixes
1.    Reduced purple fringing for RAW photos taken in HDR mode.
2.    Fixed issue of abnormal aircraft movement in Follow Me mode whenever the mobile device GPS signal is weak.  
Notes
The remote controller’s firmware will be updated in this release. Ensure the remote controller is powered on and that your mobile device does not enter screen lockmode during the update.

2015-11-26
Use props
bonehead_37
lvl.2
Flight distance : 330499 ft
Canada

I cant install  the firmware or fly .when i try to install says battery is to low.its fully charged i have 2 batteries there fully charged and rc is fully charged and the app says there 100 petcent full.whats going on
2015-11-27
Use props
IMI193
lvl.3

United States

Update worked for me, but I thought it was a RC firmware update only, now in the about there is only one firmware listed, does that mean the P3S and remote controller are now both at v1.2.004 ?

Was the message on the screen misleading ?
2015-11-27
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Who are those girls in the picture and why are they laughing at me?
2015-11-27
Use props
IMI193
lvl.3

United States

More importantly, why does the announcement say "the remote controller firmware v1.5.70 has been released", but after the update, "about" says v1.2.4 ?
2015-11-27
Use props
rwtsmoke
lvl.1

United States

I'm having issues trying to update to version 1.2.40.

It made it to 21% then said it failed and to try again later. I waited an hour or so, fired up the drone and I now get a very loud "urgent" beep and no lights. I connect to the controller, launch the app it tells me there is an update...I start upgrade it sits at 0% for a few seconds then tells me "failed to get the information from the device".

I have full power on controller, full power on battery, full charge on phone and a strong wifi connection and I am fully conntected to the drone.

So what do I do now?
2015-11-28
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

rwtsmoke@cs.com Posted at 2015-11-28 10:06
I'm having issues trying to update to version 1.2.40.

It made it to 21% then said it failed and to ...

Personally, I would delete the file from my device and start from scratch. Connect device to internet, start dji-go app. accept the prompts to download the upgrade,  after download switch to the P3 wifi and it should go. It takes a while,  it should give continuous 4 beeps in a row during the process. At 21% status indicators on the drone should go off. still the beeps.  At around 81 % r/c lights will be just the first light lit.  Around 91 % drone status lights come on. Shortly after, r/c lights back to normal. at 100% beeping stops. Done. Re calibrate compass and IMU and good to go.
2015-11-28
Use props
rwtsmoke
lvl.1

United States

Unfortunately that didn't work...deleted file, downloaded again, turned on controller, turned on drone (still get the annoying beep), connected via wi-fi...got voice prompt that I was connected, started upgrade...it sits at 0% for 10 or 15 seconds then says "failed to get information from device".

Frustrating...
2015-11-28
Use props
budak_teknik86
New

Malaysia

hii,i just update my phantom 3 standard, but I lead some problem form this update. First, when hovering the phantom(via remote or tablet), it will move from thier home point. I assume 1 or 2 ft from home point. Second thing, when I go for return-to-home, it will act as a landing now. This problem i found it after update. Please help me.
2015-11-28
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

budak_teknik86 Posted at 2015-11-28 17:21
hii,i just update my phantom 3 standard, but I lead some problem form this update. First, when hover ...

Aloha budak,

After an update, you need to calibrate your Remote Control, the IMU of the P3 and the compass.  This should help with the drift.  

For the Return-To-Home function, there are options that include landing.  You need to check on that.  But, your problem sounds more like you are not flying more than 20 meters (65 feet) away and 20 meters in altitude from the RC.  When this happens it will land and that is normal.  So fly farther away and try it.  Fly Safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-28
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2015-11-27 09:41
Who are those girls in the picture and why are they laughing at me?

Aloha Kneepuck,

Well, it appears that you have not looked in the mirror lately.  You are having a bad hair day, a bad . . . Oh lets just keep it at a generally bad day.  And they are not to be blamed to think it is funny.  Plus, they are way prettier than you!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-28
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-28 23:47
Aloha Kneepuck,

Well, it appears that you have not looked in the mirror lately.  You are hav ...

you must be referring to my baby picture.  Cute little bugger I was. You should see my parents.
2015-11-28
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rwtsmoke@cs.com Posted at 2015-11-28 12:51
Unfortunately that didn't work...deleted file, downloaded again, turned on controller, turned on dro ...

Aloha rwtsmoke,

What kind of device do you have?  Is it on the approved list?  This is just a starting point.

What did the SD card .txt file say about the upgrade?

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-28
Use props
rambabu
New

India

Hi,
I have been using DJI Professional 3 for 2 months. Its really giving an amazing output. Thanks DJI.

Today, i was trying to update (P3X_FW_V01.05.0030 - Version) my aircraft in the mid the light blinkingof my air craft got stopped and its giving this Stange Sound. I thought its RC link problem and i have tried to "Link" it but still the beeping sound is coming.

Can you help me to resolve this.
2015-11-29
Use props
rwtsmoke
lvl.1

United States

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-29 01:52
Aloha rwtsmoke,

What kind of device do you have?  Is it on the approved list?  This is just  ...

I'm using an Android Galaxy S5. I have successfully completed (2) firmware updates for the P3S in the past with my Android via the GO app...unfortunately third time was not the charm.

My drone is doing exactly the same thing as rambabu's is doing in the video he just posted...
2015-11-29
Use props
rwtsmoke
lvl.1

United States

Well, with a little perseverance I finally got it to successfully upload the firmware. In case someone finds themselves in the same boat as I was, here is what I did...

I found another micro SD card and mounted it via my home computer. Then I stripped the downloaded .bin file from my Android that was within the GO app. and put that on desktop of my computer. Then I transferred that .bin file onto the SD card. Unmounted the micro SD and placed into the slot in the camera on the drone.

I fired up the drone and again got the annoying "urgent" beeping...I placed it in a closet and shut the door so I wouldn't have to listen to it, when I checked on it about 20 minutes later, the beeping had stopped and the lights on the drone were flashing so I new it was doing something...which was a good thing.

I let it go for another half hour or so but noticed my drone battery getting low. I turned the drone off, installed a fresh battery but this time when I turned it on I also turned on the controller and connected as usual via my Android and the GO app. The good news was the drone fired up normally, the app was telling me an upgrade was required I hit okay (or whatever the prompt was) and this time it blew from 0 to 100% within 10 seconds...said it was successful and to restart the drone, which I did.

So all seems well at this point, I guess I need to recalibrate the compass and a couple other things thing and hopefully when I put it up in the air all will be good.   

2015-11-29
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rambabu Posted at 2015-11-29 01:48
Hi,
I have been using DJI Professional 3 for 2 months. Its really giving an amazing output. Thanks  ...

Aloha rambabu,

Look at rwtsmoke posts below your video.  He says he had your exact problem and solved it.  Good Luck!  Let us know how it goes.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-29
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rambabu Posted at 2015-11-29 01:48
Hi,
I have been using DJI Professional 3 for 2 months. Its really giving an amazing output. Thanks  ...

Aloha rambabu,

Ok, a possible problem here.  This thread is about the P3 Standard.  You and I have the P3 Professional.  The firmware update processes are different.  Similar but different and sometimes that difference can be a problem.  What rwtsmoke says would probably not hurt since the update processes are not that different.  But, note any odd things and write them down.  Be sure to go slow.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

rambabu Posted at 2015-11-29 19:48
Hi,

Rambabu, as Cetaman said, i wonder if you are using the P3P firmware, but not a P3 standard one...
2015-12-3
Use props
evgeny381
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

rwtsmoke@cs.com Posted at 2015-11-30 03:35
Well, with a little perseverance I finally got it to successfully upload the firmware. In case someo ...

dear rwtsmoke, if not difficult can put the firmware file on Phantom 3 Standard ?
2015-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules