PV2 Gimbal Extension
1305 5 2014-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
austin
lvl.2

United States

I have a PV2 with extra length landing gear. I would like to extend the gimbal to get better video, anyone know of a link that sales extended gimbal lentghs?
2014-12-25
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Can't say I've ever seen a gimbal extender.  Part of that problem is that you would also have to extend the cables that connect between the gimbal and the Phantom.

What I have see is folding / retractable landing gears that fold up so they won't get in the picture.  Do a google search.  The retractable are a bit pricey in my opinion at $249 but you can find them rcdepothobbies.com
2014-12-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

If you extended the gimbal, it would put your Phantom out of balance and probably result in a crash, unless you want to extend lower, then that would make the extended legs a moot point to have..
2014-12-26
Use props
austin
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-27 00:20
If you extended the gimbal, it would put your Phantom out of balance and probably result in a crash, ...

what is a moot point? Is that when you go under water and hold your nose? My ques had nothing to do with moot points, I was asking a ques about something else. I have got my answer no need to reply back
2014-12-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

austin Posted at 2014-12-28 12:19
what is a moot point? Is that when you go under water and hold your nose? My ques had nothing to d ...

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.  If you had on the shorter legs, you would also have better video and less weight on the Phantom.
2014-12-27
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Excellent point Gerry.  I understand exactly what you meant in your post.  Extending the gimble OUTWARDS horizontally would likely unbalance the load, and extending the gimble DOWNWARDS would negate having extra length landing gear.  It would  be a MOOT POINT to attempt further explanation.
2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules