Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GPS on device not recognized (Follow Me)
9262 66 2015-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

skytraintovenus Posted at 2016-3-12 12:34
their answer is lame ! new phone and top specs !they blame it on the phone........ GPS works like  ...

DJI recommends the devices below.

Can you try a different device, like a Ipad Air or iPad Mini 2 or above.
OS Version v2.6.0. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.6.1. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8,Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-3-11
Use props
skytraintovenus
New

Thailand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-12 11:43

Can you try a different device, like a Ipad Air or iPad Mini 2  ...

NO! I dont want to buy another phone! just spent $350 for a NEW SONY Experia C5ultra!! TOP SPECS and GPS/WIFI works great .you need to FIX the app if you advertize and sell the copter as FOLLOW ME'!!!
it's your APP to not be compatible with those devices , including a common and powerful one like SONY EXPERIA C5ULTRA
The GPS on those devices is recognized by every Android app, except yours, so it's clearly a software problem, rather than a hardware issue.

My question is: if your app is having trouble to recognize the GPS on some device, what about correcting the bugs in your software instead of suggesting people to buy another device that have costed to me 350€ just to be used with your hardware?
Should we put our devices in the trash bin, and buy some others, because you couldn't check and fix your app.. or what?apparently Litchi APP works ..so where is YOUR PROBLEM??(in the DJI go app that comes with your product!)
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

skytraintovenus Posted at 2016-3-12 14:10
NO! I dont want to buy another phone! just spent $350 for a NEW SONY Experia C5ultra!! TOP SPECS a ...

When you purchased did you look at the DJI website and see the recommended devices?
2016-3-11
Use props
skytraintovenus
New

Thailand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-12 13:13
When you purchased did you look at the DJI website and see the recommended devices?

thats ridicolous..so u suggest people with working /NEW phones/tablet to buy another just because cannot fix your app??what 'magic' did Litchi app do??note again:The GPS on these NEW devices is recognized by every Android app, except yours, so it's clearly a software problem, rather than a hardware issue
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

skytraintovenus Posted at 2016-3-12 14:43
thats ridicolous..so u suggest people with working /NEW phones/tablet to buy another just because  ...

I'm sorry, I can only tell you what DJI recommends.
2016-3-11
Use props
skytraintovenus
New

Thailand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-12 13:55
I'm sorry, I can only tell you what DJI recommends.

Get your facts straight if you want good business! or PUT A HUGE DISCLAIMER WHEN ADVERTIZE FOLLOW ME MODE WITH YOUR COPTERS!!The GPS on these NEW devices is recognized by every Android app, except yours, so it's clearly a software problem, rather than a hardware issue
2016-3-11
Use props
libertyvgy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176486 ft
Hungary

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-12 05:43

Can you try a different device, like a Ipad Air or iPad Mini 2  ...

This is interesting. I have a Sony Xperia Z3 with Android 5.1.1. I think this is younger (newer) than the "Android Version v2.6.1. Requires Android 4.1.2"
So, which device do you recommend to use every function in Phantom 3 Prof?
2016-3-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

skytraintovenus Posted at 2016-3-12 15:34
their answer is lame ! new phone and top specs !they blame it on the phone........ GPS works like  ...

This happens quite frequently, people buy a device they think is great and then find it does not work with the DJI Go App. DJI provide a list of devices that are known to work with the DJI Go App, so if you buy a different device, then why blame DJI for it? You need to take responsibility for your own actions.
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

libertyvgy Posted at 2016-3-16 17:31
This is interesting. I have a Sony Xperia Z3 with Android 5.1.1. I think this is younger (newer) th ...

Here are the recommended devices.
I use an iPad Air, iPad Mini 3, and not on the list but works is a NVIDIA Shield K.

iOS Version v2.7.1. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.7.0. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8,Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-3-16
Use props
bahadir70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 614 ft
Turkey

Unfortunatelly I have the same issue. But my tablet ans follow me function was working properly, after a week, I went the same location with the same tablet and same firmware and got the message "device not support GPS, unable to start follow me"
That is how and why happened I dont know but it is ridiculous. All the things are same....

2016-3-24
Use props
bahadir70
lvl.1
Turkey

I have the same issue but it is stange that, it was working one week before. Again a went the same place with my dji advanced. Everything was the same but at that time I received the same error as above.
2016-3-24
Use props
bahadir70
lvl.1
Turkey

what will be the dji recommendation? Was working one week befoe and now not working. I did not do any update on my tablet. everything is the same only update dji software. After I receive error, I reinstall the previous version but there is no solution. DJI must solve this issue...
2016-3-24
Use props
myrko123
New

Romania

bahadir70 Posted at 2016-3-24 21:20
what will be the dji recommendation? Was working one week befoe and now not working. I did not do an ...

Guys,
I think your phone or tablet must have barometer (magnetometer). Don't work on Huawei P8 Lite. Thanks
S4, S5, S6, Note 3, Note 4 etc.

2016-3-27
Use props
bahadir70
lvl.1
Ukraine

myrko123 Posted at 2016-3-28 15:14
Guys,
I think your phone or tablet must have barometer (magnetometer). Don't work on Huawei P8 Li ...

It was working before when 2.6 was installed. After the dji update android apk to 2.7 it stopped to work. I tried with Iphone, it is working. DJI must revise their software for android devices.
2016-3-28
Use props
myrko123
New

Romania

Can anyone tell me if follow me works on tablet Nexus 7 2013. I have P3S and follow me not work on all smartphones/tablets. I don't have last update on P3S. Thanks
2016-4-5
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

Brainwerks Posted at 2016-1-12 18:10
I'm having the same FOLLOW ME mode on my Note 3 but it does not mention anything about GPS. It just  ...

I'm having the same issue.  Follow Me does not work, GPS signal is strong, but the drone will not follow me.  I'm using the Samsung Tab A 10.1
2016-10-19
Use props
famorim2000
lvl.1

Brazil

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-19 16:56
I'm having the same issue.  Follow Me does not work, GPS signal is strong, but the drone will not follow me.  I'm using the Samsung Tab A 10.1

I have the same issue with my iPhone 7 Plus. The DJI Go app does not recognize the GPS at the phone. I am using the last versions of both IOS and app.

Any clue?
2017-4-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

famorim2000 Posted at 2017-4-17 17:20
I have the same issue with my iPhone 7 Plus. The DJI Go app does not recognize the GPS at the phone. I am using the last versions of both IOS and app.

Any clue?

Have you got location services turned on in the settings?
2017-4-17
Use props
famorim2000
lvl.1

Brazil

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-17 19:35
Have you got location services turned on in the settings?

Yes, it is enabled. config.PNG

I Still having this icon with N/A for iphone gps.
IMG_4751.PNG

I've tried delete and install again the app, but nothing solve that. My GPS is working well with Litchi, Waze and few other tools, even some diag tools that check the GPS.
IMG_4750.PNG
2017-5-29
Use props
fansac1fe166
New
United States

Phamtom 3 standard, I have the latest firmware and app,  I am using Samsung S5.... I use to be able to use follow me mode, but now I am getting the error, GPS not supported, can anyone give me some advice on what I can do to make it work again.
2017-6-7
Use props
JDW57
New
Malaysia

I know this thread is age old, but i dont seem to find a solution. I have a P3SE and using a Samsung Note 3 which is listed in the compatible devices. When i tried to use follow me function it says "GPS not supported in this device", at the time my signal was weak but satelite was like 17, had my LOCATION on in my phone. I tried using POI it was okay. I was using Samsung S5 before it broke, follow me was working just fine.

was there any solution found??
2018-2-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

JDW57 Posted at 2018-2-26 16:11
I know this thread is age old, but i dont seem to find a solution. I have a P3SE and using a Samsung Note 3 which is listed in the compatible devices. When i tried to use follow me function it says "GPS not supported in this device", at the time my signal was weak but satelite was like 17, had my LOCATION on in my phone. I tried using POI it was okay. I was using Samsung S5 before it broke, follow me was working just fine.

was there any solution found??

As explained a number of times in this thread, the satellite count displayed under DJI GO has nothing to do withg the issue. The satellite count is the birds that are received by the aircraft, not your Note 3. In order for follow me to work, your phone or tablet must have a good functioning GPS receiver in it, because the aircraft needs to know where you are in order to follow you. Some phone do not have good GPS receivers, so follow me does not work with them. As the message suggests, your Note 3 is not supported, so it is not relaying its position back to the aircraft.
2018-2-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The note 3 has a quite a good gps receiver as a rule, i have the note 3, it normally locks on to 14 or more sats, i will say that it does have issues when in the car and going through a forest, so it does need a good view of the sky, Download gps toolbox and see how many sats you connect to out in the open, if its below 10 then at some point there may have been moisture in the phone or the backplate is lose (not the cover) 2 things to try, remove cover and battery and then the backplate, its the part that holds the sim and mini sd card. The 2 little contacts from the back plate to the main body, near the headphone socket is the GPS connectors, take a small flat head screwdriver and gently scrape (if) any corrosion, i would do it anyway, then replace backplate and (#2 could try 1st) make sure the screw nearest the headphone socket is tight. This is actually the fix when there no GPS signal, but it wont hurt in your case.

Another point, make sure the phone is not in your pocket when needing GPS

Next time i am out with mine i will test the follow me and see what happens, but if it can run my Waze satnav app then i dont see why it cannot be used in this scenario
2018-2-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-26 21:43
The note 3 has a quite a good gps receiver as a rule, i have the note 3, it normally locks on to 14 or more sats, i will say that it does have issues when in the car and going through a forest, so it does need a good view of the sky, Download gps toolbox and see how many sats you connect to out in the open, if its below 10 then at some point there may have been moisture in the phone or the backplate is lose (not the cover) 2 things to try, remove cover and battery and then the backplate, its the part that holds the sim and mini sd card. The 2 little contacts from the back plate to the main body, near the headphone socket is the GPS connectors, take a small flat head screwdriver and gently scrape (if) any corrosion, i would do it anyway, then replace backplate and (#2 could try 1st) make sure the screw nearest the headphone socket is tight. This is actually the fix when there no GPS signal, but it wont hurt in your case.

Another point, make sure the phone is not in your pocket when needing GPS

'Next time i am out with mine i will test the follow me and see what happens, but if it can run my Waze satnav app then i dont see why it cannot be used in this scenario'

The problem is not always whether the device has a working GPS or not, but whether the device responds to the Android commands and is able to send the co-ordinates out of trhe device to the RC unit. Samsung have a poor reputation for adhering to the Android platform. If the RC unit cannot get the GPS data, then it cannot send it to the aircraft, therefore Follow Me will not work.
2018-2-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Makes sense, will report back at a later date
2018-2-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-26 21:56
Makes sense, will report back at a later date

That would be good if you can do a good test.
2018-2-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NO probs, actually i dont even need to do a flight do i, i can just set it up in the garden sans props and see if it works
Scrub that, it neeeds to be in the air to activate the mode, doh, ok, leave it with me,....
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules