Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repeating POI flight...
2617 7 2015-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stephentaber
lvl.3
Flight distance : 901404 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

I am shooting a 360 poi shot of a construction site over a period of about 12 weeks (once a week) with the end goal of editing the footage into a time lapse effect.

I flew my first poi shot yesterday, noting my 'point', altitude and distance from the poi, the only thing I totally forgot to take note of was the poi speed (not a big problem in post)

My question is will I have to manually set up the shot every time or is there a way to repeat POI flights?

Thanks.
2015-11-27
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Everything I know about POI I learned from the tutorial I found at www.phantomhelp.com and it doesn't say anything about "naming" or saving a POI.

Although I haven't used them yet, waypoints are probably your best bet, but you can't name them either - you'll need to build a list somewhere so you know what date goes with what "set."

Another alternative that comes to mind is to purchase something like Ultimate Flight. Programs like that offer a lot of functionality like the GO app, plus some others. One of the pieces of software that's available might provide what you need. Otherwise I think you'll have to use Waypoints - and you'll have to use a lot of waypoints to create a circle. The longer the distance between the waypoints, the sharper your tangent lines will be.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-11-27
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi ,
I'll take your idea as a combination of "waypoints" and " Point of interest" . It's great but we still don't get that function . However , I'll report that idea to our R&D . It's great !
2015-11-29
Use props
Stephentaber
lvl.3
Flight distance : 901404 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks, I will give that option a go, POI is so easy to use, just a shame you can't currently save a flight, but I also realise it's a feature not many will have a need for.
2015-12-1
Use props
rvsoftz
New

Portugal

Stephentaber@me Posted at 2015-12-1 16:02
Thanks, I will give that option a go, POI is so easy to use, just a shame you can't currently save a ...

I have exactly the same need for a building construction.
I need a perfect circular route around the building and to be able to repeat the exact same flight every month.
I think with the waypoints i cant do it. I would need to repeat the execution of the POI route.
2015-12-22
Use props
BVI Pilot
lvl.2
United States

rvsoftz Posted at 2015-12-22 15:31
I have exactly the same need for a building construction.
I need a perfect circular route around t ...

How about waypoints to a previously determined position above your point of interest, and then manually set radius and speed in POI. That should be repeatable.
Jim
2015-12-26
Use props
fans01c4a674
New
United States

Bumping this...does anyone know if this feature has been added?  I'd love to be able to save a point of interest
2017-9-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fans01c4a674 Posted at 2017-9-29 17:17
Bumping this...does anyone know if this feature has been added?  I'd love to be able to save a point of interest

I can't say for sure, to me it sound as something usable even i don't have the need myself.
If it is usable then for sure it has never been implemented, the usable stuff only get removed in silence now a days.

I am sure you can find some other software that can perform the task as long you didn't pay extra for a + controller.
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules