Reactivate Gimbal?
3778 14 2015-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisslemke
lvl.1
Germany

Hi All,

I got my Osmo yesterday and have been working on it without success.

The app keeps telling me to unlock gimbal (which I have) but nothing happens. It's not "gimballing". Then it tells me to reactivate gimbal and then the osmo restarts without changes. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks

Chris

image1.PNG
image2.PNG
2015-11-29
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like it is not firmly seated and it not recognizing the connection? Just a guess.
2015-11-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, please try the following things:
1) Unlock the pitch, roll and pan axis first.
2)Turn on the OSMO, lock the pan and then unlock it.
3)Move the pan axis manually. Check whether the unlock warning persist or not.
If the problem persist, please provide a demo video here, thanks.
2015-11-29
Use props
chrisslemke
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

thank you so much. I've put together a quick video to display the disfunction of my Osmo. Can you tell me if that's the way it's supposed to?

Thank you
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

chrisslemke Posted at 2015-11-30 21:28
Hi,

thank you so much. I've put together a quick video to display the disfunction of my Osmo. Can y ...

Hi, chrisslemke. From the video we can see that your method is correct but the OSMO is limp and direct to the top after you unlocked the pitch, so it's the hardware malfunction. It's highly possible the pitch screw was loose. If you purchased it from the dealer, you can contact your dealer and ask for an replacement. If you purchased it from DJI, please contact our technical support in Europe. Support.eu@dji.com  and ask for a DOA. Here is the information link.
http://www.dji.com/support?www=v1
2015-11-30
Use props
chrisslemke
lvl.1
Germany

Thank you that's what I figured as well, I'll send this one back and hope the next one works .

Best from Germany

Chris
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

chrisslemke Posted at 2015-12-1 14:57
Thank you that's what I figured as well, I'll send this one back and hope the next one works .

Best ...

OK, if you encountered any difficulties contacting the Germany Office, please send me your contact email here, I will help you.
2015-12-1
Use props
jjkim.orange
lvl.1
United States

mine is doing same thing out of blue.
can you help me, Amy?
2015-12-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jjkim.orange Posted at 2015-12-16 09:38
mine is doing same thing out of blue.
can you help me, Amy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_RUl4h ...

Hi, this is a quality issue, please contact your dealer or DJI technical support for a free RMA or replacement and attach this forum link. Thank you. By the way, could you please send the SN number of your Osmo? It's on the gimbal.
2015-12-15
Use props
joe.szopa
New
United States

Hi @DJI-Amy,

I am having a similar issue. I activate my gimbal, and it rotates completely on the y-axis, and never activates the x or z axis. They don't show any resistance when I use gentle force to oppose them, and just spin freely. The gimbal keeps saying it is in underslung mode constantly, and the app invites me to reactivate the gimbal if I fiddle with it for a while. All of the axis are unlocked and spinning freely.

I purchased this through B&H photo in December of 2015.

2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

joe.szopa Posted at 2016-2-23 07:34
Hi @DJI-Amy,

I am having a similar issue. I activate my gimbal, and it rotates completely on the y ...

Please update the firmware to the latest version, as well as the DJI GO App.
If the problem can not be fixed, please let me know.
2016-2-22
Use props
mangitung
lvl.1

United States

Yep! I'm having exactly the same issue. Doesn't work even after upgrading to latest firmware.

2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

mangitung@gmail Posted at 2016-3-7 08:52
Yep! I'm having exactly the same issue. Doesn't work even after upgrading to latest firmware.

http ...

Hey, I'm sorry about the problem.
Could you please connect it to your mobile device and show us what is the issue in the DJI GO App?
It's not your first time to use the Osmo, isn't it? I mean, have you activated the Osmo in the DJI GO App?
2016-3-6
Use props
venlabax
New

Poland

chrisslemke Posted at 2015-12-1 08:57

Best ...

Hi! I wonder did you get another Dji Osmo and how does it works now? Im asking you because I bought it 3 days ago and today I must send it back because of the issue that you mentioned
2016-9-16
Use props
venlabax
New

Poland

Ps. Im alarmed that Dji Osmo still doesn`t work fine after a YEAR of knowing that issue...
2016-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules