Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
BUYER BEWARE
1464 10 2015-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
unblind
lvl.2

United States

Thus far, we have owned the OSMO for almost 2 months. And we have only used it a few times because of issues. I would wait to make your purcahse until the problems are solved.

Don't get me wrong, we love it, but we wish it worked better. We have big hopes for it, but so far we have not been able to use it on a couple of really cool shoots.

Here's our experience:
After a week, the gimbal went dead.
Sent in for repairs, got it back, and when turned on it started vibrating bad.
For the latest email, Nov 11, we updated firmware (which accuatlly restores the firmware to the original software)
We updated it, as told, now it is doing what it did before...dead gimbal.

Our solution: Send us a new one OR give us a refund and we will purchase 6-1 months from now.

Good luck.
2015-11-29
Use props
motoscoddie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 702 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, it appears the Osmo has been rushed to market and we are the beta testing rabbits.
2015-11-29
Use props
adoannie6
lvl.1

United States

motoscoddie Posted at 2015-11-29 12:16
Yes, it appears the Osmo has been rushed to market and we are the beta testing rabbits.

I agree.  I wish they would have been honest about this.  I think that it will eventually be a amazing device but not as it is right now.  Mine has not worked correctly since I received it (shuts off in various video record setting, horizon constantly shifts, poor image quality, unusable audio, etc) . I have been trying to go the refund route but it does not look like that is going to happen.  

I made the mistake of buying from DJI.com and I will say I like(d) this company for their innovations and own several DJI multirotors and a Ronin.  I don't feel like the Osmo is on the same playing field as their other products, at least not yet.
2015-11-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, about the upgrade, can you provide the upgrade txt and hidden log files? The hidden log file is under the MISC folder. (Please enable the hidden files to be showed on your PC)
2015-11-29
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

That sucks, mine works ok, not what I expected but I geuss there working on a major firmware update.
2015-11-30
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

It is expected of such issues especially on a first gen gadget. Unfortunately, some are experiencing worse than others. Perhaps DJI will able to fix most problems in the future Osmo 2.
2015-11-30
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantom Paul Posted at 2015-11-30 10:13
It is expected of such issues especially on a first gen gadget. Unfortunately, some are experiencing ...

I don't think it will take the osmo 2 to turn it around, I thought my inspire pro with the x5 took horrible pictures and video at first but after the last firmware update every thing works great. I heard dji is working on an update for the osmo with 20 upgrades to the camera alone.
2015-11-30
Use props
adoannie6
lvl.1

United States

Phantom Paul Posted at 2015-11-30 07:13
It is expected of such issues especially on a first gen gadget. Unfortunately, some are experiencing ...

I did not expect these kinds of problems buying from DJI, at least not to this extent.  I will cut them some slack and be understanding that some of the problems can and more than likely will be fixed with firmware updates, but they over sold its current abilities.  

But I can say that having a unit that does not work properly that I have not been able to get help on from the DJI-US support has been a headache.  It feels like $649 down the tube at this point and I would not recommend it to others until they get somethings figured out. And I personally feel it was deceptive of DJI to sell it before those bugs were worked out or at minimum making it clear that it was in beta still.

On a side note - I have found the response time through DJI.com to be very quick. I wish the people at DJI US would respond in the same fashion.
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

adoannie6@sbcgl Posted at 2015-12-1 03:45
I did not expect these kinds of problems buying from DJI, at least not to this extent.  I will cut ...

Hi, adoannie6, the US office just returned to work after the Thanksgiving and weekend, can you provide your contact email so I can help you check your ticket and let them contact you as soon as possible. Thanks!
2015-11-30
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-29 20:05
Hi, about the upgrade, can you provide the upgrade txt and hidden log files? The hidden log file is  ...

Hi Amy, sorry but we have since formatted the SD card. Therefore I cannot provide that file. Also, I think we would just like a refund. We have too much going on to be waiting on the OSMO to get right. We have found using the CAMETV gimbal to be more reliable. It is disappointing because we have been flying your quad copters since the first Phantom came out years back.

So what are our next steps to getting a refund...RMA?
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

unblind Posted at 2015-12-1 13:07
Hi Amy, sorry but we have since formatted the SD card. Therefore I cannot provide that file. Also, ...

Sorry for the repair failure, I've contact the US officer to help you. They will contact you as soon as possible. Please pay attention to your email. Thanks.
2015-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules