Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gain & Expo Tuning? Well, not so easy?
3934 38 2015-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Throttle, Rudder and Right/Left is set at 0.40, it should  have a range fron .2 to .8, I can change the values but how do I make it stick, it seems like it always jumps back to .4, nomatter what, anyone got an idea how to make this work?

2015-11-29
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Values are stored on the P3. Are you connected to the P3, with RC and Go App all running?
2015-11-29
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Dioden, I noticed that my values jumped back to 0.40 with the new firmware update. They were previously stable. I'll check again once the weather permits flying.
2015-11-29
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

After updating you should always check your personnel flight settings before flight with  any new firmware updates .
2015-11-29
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

johnsr Posted at 2015-11-29 22:02
Dioden, I noticed that my values jumped back to 0.40 with the new firmware update. They were previou ...

I notice that too, very annoying.
2015-11-29
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

terrylewis Posted at 2015-11-29 20:13
Values are stored on the P3. Are you connected to the P3, with RC and Go App all running?

If everything is on, you can change the values, if P3 is off, you can’t do squat, change is easy but how do you make the values to stored, I can’t.
2015-11-29
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
France

Dioden Posted at 2015-11-30 06:09
If everything is on, you can change the values, if P3 is off, you can’t do squat, change is easy  ...

I have rechecked my Gain & Expo values today; I can confirm that they are stable. Should be the same for you if the P3 is powered & linked to controller when you set them.

I agree, one needs to cross check all settings after an update.
2015-11-30
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

johnsr Posted at 2015-11-30 12:06
I have rechecked my Gain & Expo values today; I can confirm that they are stable. Should be the sa ...

Bummer! The only thing I can see is that after change, the numbers are turned to red; I can’t make them stay where I want to.
2015-11-30
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
France

Dioden Posted at 2015-11-30 12:20
Bummer! The only thing I can see is that after change, the numbers are turned to red; I can’t mak ...

How are you changing the values? The only way I managed to have a "red" value is if I type something out of range. Try moving the curve by swiping the screen with a finger (I usually adjust this way as the values will always remain within range). Hope this helps...
2015-11-30
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dioden Posted at 2015-11-30 19:20
Bummer! The only thing I can see is that after change, the numbers are turned to red; I can’t mak ...

With later firmware, the component startup order may affect the values stored on your P3. DJI includes a quick tutorial in the GO App on connecting. Start your RC first, then the P3 and then the GO App. The logic here is that if you Start the P3 first before you start the GO App, then the P3 values are transfer to the GO App and maintained. If you start the GO App first and then the P3, then DEFAULT GO App values may be transferred and overwrite your saved values.  Just a suggestion to check...

And as said previously, always check your values/settings after an update because default values may be overwritten.
2015-11-30
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

johnsr Posted at 2015-11-30 14:27
How are you changing the values? The only way I managed to have a "red" value is if I type somethi ...

Done that too, no change. I have tried to type in new numbers, and tried to swap with my finger, it does the same thing. Numbers changes but nothing is saved.
2015-11-30
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

terrylewis Posted at 2015-11-30 17:10
With later firmware, the component startup order may affect the values stored on your P3. DJI incl ...

Hum, well I don't buy that but I will try it out. Next time I'm out for flying, thanks.
2015-11-30
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

terrylewis Posted at 2015-11-30 17:10
With later firmware, the component startup order may affect the values stored on your P3. DJI incl ...

I was out and flying with P3P today a while, tested booth ways, same thing. Everything else of my setting is still there, not this one though. Well, one day I will figure it out.
2015-12-2
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's weird, maybe trying to "Reset All Settings" in the MC Settings tab and start over trying to change to the values.
But first go threw ALL the settigns and write them down so you can re-input the settings you had before.
Doesn't hurt to try and it will onlt take a few minutes to whire all your settings down.
2015-12-2
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi ,
The data will return to the default everytime after the upgrade . So you'll have to set the data by yourself . And even if you've changed the settings your app will also show the default values when it's not connected to a working aircraft .
2015-12-3
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dioden Posted at 2015-12-3 02:16
I was out and flying with P3P today a while, tested booth ways, same thing. Everything else of my  ...

It's the powering down sequence that you are doing wrong. I assume you are powering down the P3 before you exit your app.

Make the changes to your expo setting (choose 0.2 on rudder if you want smoother yaw).
Now leave the phantom 3 ON and EXIT your GO app, and then power down the Phantom 3.
The Phantom needs to be on and you need to exit the app to write the settings.
2015-12-3
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-12-4 05:47
It's the powering down sequence that you are doing wrong. I assume you are powering down the P3 be ...

Hmm, well, I think it sounds strange; however, I will try it out tomorrow.
2015-12-7
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

terrylewis Posted at 2015-11-29 20:13

Yes, values are stored in P3, but I can’t change them. If I leave P3 off, and start up remote controller with the app, just jump in to check the values, then I can see that they are at .2 on all three values, but as soon I start P3, they jump back to .4, I have even tried out to do it when I was hovering, no matter what I do, they always go back to .4, All other values under Gain and Attitude, brake and Yaw, they stay with the values I put in, not Gain & Expo, very annoying behavior.
2015-12-14
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-12-4 05:47
It's the powering down sequence that you are doing wrong. I assume you are powering down the P3 be ...

Tried this out, several times. No change, same problem.
2015-12-14
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 652552 ft
Czechia

I have the same problem. https://youtu.be/-22Pb3pDmBY
2015-12-15
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Czechia

BTW : do u use iOS or Android version?
2015-12-15
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

JK JK Posted at 2015-12-15 22:05
BTW : do u use iOS or Android version?

Only Android, I should have mentioned this earlier, sorry. ..
2015-12-15
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Czechia

Dioden Posted at 2015-12-16 05:46
Only Android, I should have mentioned this earlier, sorry. ..

I have Samsung S5 Android 5.0
Because I did not know about your topic I have posted my as well. A guy adviced to  uninstall and install again DJI GO. I made only cleaning app data (settings) but did not help.

THere is my post
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid268208

There is my video desctibing the issue, the values also became red when trying to change them

2015-12-16
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

JK JK Posted at 2015-12-16 10:16
Because I did not know about your topic I have posted my as well. A  ...

Ha-ha, well, I have the same issue, exactly the same thing happens for me in the same way, all other settings behave as it should; they stay where I set them, except this one.
Btw, I useNexus by Asus, a 7 inch with Android 6.0.1
2015-12-16
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Czechia

HI,

I think I have found the source of the issue. It seems to be a bug in the Android app version.
Samsung SGS5 Android 5.0 - can not set the expo
Samsung SGS7 Android 5.1.1 - can not set the expo
Nexus Asus 7“ Android 6.0.1 - can not set the expo
iPhone 5S – works
iPhone 6 - works

I am sure, that the issue is related to Android.
2015-12-17
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JK JK Posted at 2015-12-16 20:16
Because I did not know about your topic I have posted my as well. A  ...

Doiden/JK JK...
Try manually typing in the value 0.20 (change all the values)
It is RED because there is a COMMA between the value. It should be a decimal point instead. The app does understand this as a value.
2015-12-18
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Czechia

It asks for "," but only "." ,can be typed. I will check whether the "." Is ok.
2015-12-18
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-12-18 15:08
Doiden/JK JK...
Try manually typing in the value 0.20 (change all the values)
It is RED because th ...

Well, that's a new one; actually, I haven't tried that out. I will check it out next time I’m out for a flight time (lol)
2015-12-19
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

JK JK Posted at 2015-12-18 08:47
HI,

I think I have found the source of the issue. It seems to be a bug in the Android app version.

Could be, I dunno....
2015-12-19
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Czechia

It is for sure. Just attempting.. Direct entering the number with decimal points
2015-12-19
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Czechia

It works4. I tested. Enter by keyboard a value with the decimal point like 0.30 or 0.3. DjI go keeps the value when you leave the expo setting. Sometimes the number are kept in the red but stored.
2015-12-19
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

JK JK Posted at 2015-12-19 17:12
It works4. I tested. Enter by keyboard a value with the decimal point like 0.30 or 0.3. DjI go keeps ...

Yes, you are absolute right, I did notice this behavior to, and for all these settings to be entered in to the RC, I notice that I have to start the RC first and wait until it has booted up properly, then I can start the Remote Controller and everything is still as I put it, strange behavior because it’s only these settings that changes if I do it in the opposite order, very strange. ..
Above that I did notice that some of the camera settings had disappeared (?) I can’t make change to file settings for the camera anymore, earlier updates or from the beginning, before all updates, there was a way to set the filenames in numerous order or in a rope, if you know what I mean. I can’t find that settings anymore, but on the other hand, it works as I want anyway, file names in a rope. It remembers the last file name, even if I change or empty the memory card.
Fun behavior and a little bit spooky. 
2015-12-23
Use props
marsmock
lvl.1

United States

Dioden Posted at 2015-12-23 23:47
Yes, you are absolute right, I did notice this behavior to, and for all these settings to be enter ...

Hello. I'm sorry but did anyone find the resolution to this?  I can't change my gain and expo as well.  When I change the numbers they just jump back to 0.40.  
2016-2-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

marsmock Posted at 2016-2-3 07:12
Hello. I'm sorry but did anyone find the resolution to this?  I can't change my gain and expo as w ...

Make sure you  connected Live to the aircraft when making these  changes.    Also press " Enter" on the    I -pad  ( Or similar device)  after each setting change.   Also your procedure should ( MUST) be like this:

1.  Turn on Transmitter
2.   Turn on Aircraft
3.   Turn on Go App.

NOW CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS: EXPO , GAIN, ANYTHING. ( Press "Enter " if applicable after each setting change " )  ie: Change Expo from 40 to 25- Now press ENTER  On to next...

No very important for settings to stick.  When powering off.  Reverse Procedure

1. Turn off Go App  
2.  Turn off  Aircraft
3.  Turn off Transmitter

This way you are actually  "Setting" your parameters to the aircraft and they wont get lost,

This is what worked for me.  I noticed the settings would switch on me also Until I figured out I have to have everthing ON for my changes to apply.  I believe you need the communication between the aircraft AND Transmitter for this work properly.  The Settings are stored on Aircraft Not Transmitter .

Cheers-donnie
2016-2-3
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Donnie Posted at 2016-2-3 17:10
Make sure you  connected Live to the aircraft when making these  changes.    Also press " Enter" ...

I have already figure this out and it works, every time I have o start P3P first, and wait a few sec’s, then I can start the remote ant the remote trigger the app by itself, every parameter is stored as it should be then.

However, there is a bug in these settings, when change the settings to “whatever” they didn’t stay where they should be, so I got a tip on that one. When putting in a “.” (point mark) instead of a “,” (comma), I got it to work. As for the startup sequence, it has to be reversed when turning it off.

The strange thing is that only these parameters seem to be altered when turning off in the wrong order, makes me wonder. .. Well, that’s a story.

Anyway, I got it to work, thanks.  
2016-2-4
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Dioden Posted at 2016-2-5 00:05
I have already figure this out and it works, every time I have o start P3P first, and wait a few s ...

I am glad that we have this figured out.  I  think a lot of NEWBIES will have this challenge and will come to this thread for reference.

Cheers- donnie
2016-2-5
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Donnie Posted at 2016-2-5 14:05
I am glad that we have this figured out.  I  think a lot of NEWBIES will have this challenge  ...

I agree, good that we finally got a hang of it
2016-2-6
Use props
williamlevasseu
New
Canada

Dioden Posted at 2016-2-5 01:05
I have already figure this out and it works, every time I have o start P3P first, and wait a few s ...

Good work!
I had the same issue. My tablet OS is in French and automatically puts a comma in place of a point, because that the way it's done in French. That's what was confusing the app. I managed to input the decimal point manually and it fixed it.

DJI needs to patch this.
2016-2-23
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

williamlevasseu Posted at 2016-2-23 18:30
Good work!
I had the same issue. My tablet OS is in French and automatically puts a comma in place ...

I agree, I think it took me at least a couple of weeks to figure that out, and above that I discover that when turning things on, I have to do it in a right way, startup ;

Drone first, then my tablet, last is the remote. Seems like there is a problem there too, if I do it in another way, the parameters are not restored, funny though.
2016-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules