Flight Logs Should Format to FAA
895 0 2015-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dzinrgeek
lvl.1

United States

I am currently confused by "Flight Logs" and how to make them MORE usable and solve a problem of filing them with the FAA. I have a suggestion for you.( I hope this is acceptable, if not contact me) Flight logs need the ability to submitted to the FAA without having to import or export to some other format.

I am currently using the Drone Logbook (Android app). It is a complete log book I use for my sUA usage records. DJI logs you have to upload to djilogs.com and then downloaded as a Flytrex.CSV. The Drone Logbook also lets you keep your maintenance and equipment as well as other information you need to keep track of as a pro. After communicating with the developers of the Drone Logbook about the info coming in wrong, very accommodating, FYI, they are trying and working with 3rd party apps like Litchi App and Autoflight Logic. They seemed willing to work with the DJI GO app developers even after they told me about the huge upgrade they (Drone Logbook) are working on to make the app even more useable and a complete solution for the professional drone operator. HUGE upgrades that I am sure they don't want me giving out before next week's upgrade release. If I remember right.
I feel like I have to make this public, I have no affiliation with Drone Logbook. I've only found a small app that solves a problem for me and probably other pros. If DJI GO developers could contact and know why or how DJI flight logs can be imported directly to the app without having to use another in between like djilogs.

Edit: added the android app, I do believe they develop natively in IOS FYI. They have an excellent web app that keep Android users happy until.
Edit: remove, showing HTML or java code?

2015-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules