12Next >
3727 40 2015-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
lvl.2

Turkey

DEAR DJI,

Just got my X5 from B&H photo video. I was really exited to attach it to my Osmo..
Bu CAN'T, because u need an adapter which is not even announced yet. DJI web site
states that I need an adapter but B&H does not.

To be honest I never thought that I would need an adapter since all the commercials regarding OSMO are bundeled
with X5 (boxing shoot advertisement) So as a normal person you think you can use it directly.

Even if there is a need for an adapter why wont you realese it at the same time with OSMO or with X5. Now because
of a stupid adapter, probably just worth 50 USD I can't use equipment woth of almost 3000 USD.

Really disappointed with DJI as an old loyal customer who has every item that DJI sells.

Koray Birand
2015-11-30
Use props
Richardrambone
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel for you, I'm thinking it will be available soon. Dji is working on the firmware for the osmo x5.
2015-11-30
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

*DELETED* To make way for the OP who is very sensitive & felt insulted by my post.
2015-11-30
Use props
alansworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you ever do your research you will know that the X5 cannot yet be used with the OSMO.  The only fault is your own.  Google is your friend.
2015-11-30
Use props
info
lvl.2

Turkey

Of course it is my fault. When you watch and you see osmo with x5 I should ask my self if there is any adapter that I should buy,  
Guys come one they are always doing the same shit..
They start selling Inspire, there is no spare battery.... no second controller, no spare PROPS !!!!!. Same thing with phantom..
They start selling Ronin, all the adds have the thumb controller but they release it 6 months later. And again no spare battery for RONIN... You are a part of a big production, but everybody waits for your SINGLE
battery to be charged...

They start taking preorders, so you buy them, you do not think that they are going to release spare parts or necessary parts months later...

Stop blaming me, stop calling me a fool, but think please...

2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry for the waiting, and thanks for the suggestions.
2015-11-30
Use props
iphilms
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-30 18:47
Sorry for the waiting, and thanks for the suggestions.

Hi DJI-AMY , any updates on the adapter for the X5 camera? My X5 camera has been sitting on my desk for over a month now.  Would love to use it soon. Thanks
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

iphilms@gmail.c Posted at 2015-12-1 15:46
Hi DJI-AMY , any updates on the adapter for the X5 camera? My X5 camera has been sitting on my des ...

Not yet, besides the adapter, the firmware is not ready. Sorry for the waiting, but the date is still not available yet.
2015-12-1
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

info@koraybiran Posted at 2015-11-30 17:11
Of course it is my fault. When you watch and you see osmo with x5 I should ask my self if there is a ...

It's not your fault!

I did the same.

When you read, "The Osmo is also compatible with the all-new X5 series of cameras, bringing you highly stabilized imaging with all the benefits of a large M4/3 sensor"

How were you to know it was a lie???

2015-12-2
Use props
AllanVB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

I have an accessory order that i put in on the 8th of Oct and still no information on delivery.  DJI customer service is bad, bad, bad.  You would think that after the past two years, they would get it solved.
Signed
Unhappy customer
No Regards
2015-12-2
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2015-12-2 19:53
It's not your fault!

I did the same.

Before you jump in, do your homework first. There's a note that says:

"Zenmuse X5 cameras require an adaptor for use with Osmo that is sold separately"

Did you try to find out the cost of the adaptor? Of course not, otherwise you would know it's not available yet. It's also been mentioned & discussed in the internet, Facebook, etc.  The old saying goes "Ignorance of the law is no excuse"

Well, you will just have to wait patiently. Whining & complaining will not help. While waiting I'm sure you can use your creative juice & do something worthy with your current Osmo. Happy Osmoing!    
2015-12-3
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

okay, so maybe I'm not DJI savvy enough, granted...
2015-12-3
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Phantom Paul Posted at 2015-12-4 03:52

"Zenmuse X5 cameras require ...

You sound like the voice of DJI experience.

For your information, the note that says,

"Zenmuse X5 cameras require an adaptor for use with Osmo that is sold separately", has been added as a result of our 'whining'. It was not there before, neither on the DJI or their resellers sites..

And it is not sold at all,  separately or otherwise, is it?......That's kinda the point!

I am not familiar with this type of misrepresentation. I have no X3, so won't be doing any Osmoing, unfortunately.

I will just have to wait, and be wise to these business practices next time.
2015-12-4
Use props
info
lvl.2

France

Phantom Paul Posted at 2015-12-4 04:52

Another licker... this is the product page :
http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x5s/info#specs

And there is no explanation.... And i do not need to raise my creative juice with osmo.. Do you homework and be aware who you are talking to, may be you can get to learn a bit from me and raise your creativity.

Sorry for being a snob cunt but you forced me.

Best
Koray Birand
2015-12-4
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2015-12-4 21:29
You sound like the voice of DJI experience.

For your information, the note that says,

Not at all. Don't get me wrong. I've tons of frustration on the Osmo experience myself.

Ok point taken. All I'm saying there have been discussion on the the Zenmuse X5 cameras requiring an adaptor way before the release of the Osmo.  

Yeah it is sold separately...coming soon. Every product has its own release date. DJI never claim you can buy it now. For example, initially after the Osmo was released, the other accessories haven't even released yet. Can you imagine, getting the Osmo unit without any spare batteries? Some of us have to wait for weeks!

Yeah many folks have criticized DJI to these business practices. You're not alone, mate. I agree the X5 adaptor wait is killing the patience & enthusiasm.    Hope DJI could fix all the issues & release it soon.
2015-12-6
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

Yeah the product page says "Zenmuse X5 cameras require an adaptor for use with Osmo that is sold separately. This adaptor will be available soon." So, your point is?

Haha what homework are you talking about? You guys are the one complaining about the X5 adaptor.  
I don't have anything to learn from you but thanks anyway for the offer.

It's ok to be a snob c**t if that will make you feel better...hey freedom of speech man. Peace!

Bottom line, I'm sure DJI is receiving lots of complaints & criticism for the delay. I'm guessing they are probably doing their best they can to resolve all the issues. It's just a matter of when...  
2015-12-6
Use props
info
lvl.2

Turkey

Phantom Paul Posted at 2015-12-6 17:34
Yeah the product page says "Zenmuse X5 cameras require an adaptor for use with Osmo that is sold se ...

Well you told me to get my Osmo and start learning. I am not hiding behind a nickname like you do. So you can google me and get an idea of who you are talking to. Thats why i told you that you could learn from me.

That sentence was added later, if you would have done your homework like you were telling me, you would have know that there are so many posts out there complaining about the same issue. And for a a strange reason a person with a nickname "Phantom Paul" is defending Dji.

Should I keep arguing with a person who is using a nickname ? no.....
First be a man, and use your real name before insulting people..

Anyway.... keep defending DJI and stay away from my post.. Not for lickers..
I am talking to a person who has only 2 posts on this forum.. And since he does not have a real name we do not know even if he is real or just a DJI troll.
2015-12-6
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

info@koraybiran Posted at 2015-12-7 07:36
Well you told me to get my Osmo and start learning. I am not hiding behind a nickname like you do.  ...

When did I tell you to get an Osmo and start learning? You took my post out of context. What I meant was, assuming you already own the Osmo + X3 (now I realize you don't), while waiting for the X5 adapter release, I was merely suggesting we could play with our current Osmo & spend time on creative shooting, etc. That's what I'm doing now. Whining will not solve the issue.  

Paul is indeed my real name.  Who you are has nothing to do with the X5 adapter matter or the issues we are discussing. What's your problem? Let me be clear: I don't care who you are. Without googling, I already know you're a snob b**h as you have eloquently put it.   

I'm not defending Dji. I myself have lots of frustration but I don't whine & bitch them here. This is a forum so feel free to pour out all your criticism here to your heart's content. For the record, I'm not insulting anyone. My apology if you took it the wrong way. Here we are free to discuss. If you don't like, feel free to skip & scroll pass my post. I'm sure you can do this simple task without me teaching you since you're a pro.  Peace!
2015-12-6
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

alansworld@gmai Posted at 2015-12-1 00:53
If you ever do your research you will know that the X5 cannot yet be used with the OSMO.  The only f ...

This is funny...the OP advised me to Google about him considering he himself has failed to Google about the product info properly...that's ironic eh?   
2015-12-6
Use props
info
lvl.2

Turkey

Apology accepted, Paul whatever...

Koray Birand
The Snob CUNT
2015-12-6
Use props
Richardrambone
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Phantom Paul Posted at 2015-12-3 22:52

My x5 works great on the osmo, you put it in backwords and it locks in nicely. Takes great lowlight video.
2015-12-9
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

Richardrambone Posted at 2015-12-10 08:52
My x5 works great on the osmo, you put it in backwords and it locks in nicely. Takes great lowligh ...

Wow that's good news, Richard. Without the X5 adapter? Will be great if you could post a pic & a sample video.
2015-12-10
Use props
whoisceejay
New

Australia

3 grand for an X5!? Buy a Ronin and keep your zen3 for the osmo! Thats what I did
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Richardrambone Posted at 2015-12-10 08:52
My x5 works great on the osmo, you put it in backwords and it locks in nicely. Takes great lowligh ...

X5? Really, that's not possible. Please do give us a demo video to show that.
2015-12-10
Use props
Richardrambone
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Phantom Paul Posted at 2015-12-10 20:02
Wow that's good news, Richard. Without the X5 adapter? Will be great if you could post a pic & a s ...

I am currently in Florida on a new age band video shoot, I will post x5 osmo sample clips when I get a chance
2015-12-11
Use props
Richardrambone
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-10 20:56

Anything possible
2015-12-11
Use props
Richardrambone
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-11 09:56

i got the adapter from a person who shall remand nameless that works for Dji.
2015-12-11
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

Richardrambone Posted at 2015-12-12 09:07

Geez ...your previous post "My x5 works great on the osmo, you put it in backwords and it locks in nicely. Takes great lowlight video" is totally misleading! You gave everyone the impression that somehow you managed to get the Osmo working with your X5 without the adapter & now you're saying you got an adapter from a DJI insider??  What an idiot!
2015-12-13
Use props
Richardrambone
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Phantom Paul Posted at 2015-12-13 03:53
Geez ...your previous post "My x5 works great on the osmo, you put it in backwords and it locks in  ...

Please no name calling
2015-12-13
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

Oh I wasn't calling you...I was telling myself cos I easily believe someone...
2015-12-13
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

So you have the adaptor???

It'd be nice to see some of your work with it.
2015-12-13
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Richardrambone Posted at 2015-12-12 09:07

Can you shoot a demo video? Would you tell me that where did you get the adapter?
2015-12-13
Use props
Richardrambone
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-14 01:53
Can you shoot a demo video? Would you tell me that where did you get the adapter?

Now i wouldnt want to get anybody in trouble. Sorry
2015-12-14
Use props
DDM
lvl.2

United States

Richardrambone Posted at 2015-12-14 04:06
Now i wouldnt want to get anybody in trouble. Sorry

Videos? Are you going to send a clip or what!
2015-12-30
Use props
R&L Aerial phot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DDM Posted at 2015-12-30 11:21

I put one on YouTube, osmo x5
2015-12-30
Use props
R&L Aerial phot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DDM Posted at 2015-12-30 11:21

2015-12-30
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

R&L Aerial phot Posted at 2015-12-31 00:50

Founds it, nice to see that.
2015-12-30
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

Singapore

R&L Aerial phot Posted at 2015-12-31 00:50

Is yours the original 20's dance video, or have you posted another?
2015-12-30
Use props
russkn87
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430039 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been testing the X5 with the Osmo and have uploaded my samples on YouTube - they're nothing special just quick 5 minute tests. Using the 3D printed adapter was the way to go if you have no other way of using the X5 with the Osmo right now. It costs £9.99 ($15). Here's my videos:

The 3D printed adapter can be found here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191790805959
2016-2-8
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Low light X5 Osmo Tests with 3D printed adapter

2016-2-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced