Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Software update 1.5 and vibration
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

As stated above, if you have this issue, upload your DAT log files of that flight and upload to Dropbox and post the link here.
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Thank you very much ! I'll keep this updated !
2015-12-16
Use props
sepatkr1
lvl.2

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-17 08:38
Thank you very much ! I'll keep this updated !

A flight with firmware 1.5=not OK and another 1.4=OK hope you can see which is which.
2015-12-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

sepatkr1 Posted at 2015-12-17 16:27
A flight with firmware 1.5=not OK and another 1.4=OK hope you can see which is which.

Thank you very much !  I'll get this updated .
2015-12-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

sepatkr1 Posted at 2015-12-17 16:27

Hi ,
Could you please give me your email ?
2015-12-17
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Has DJI announced when a new firmware will be released? This issue needs to be corrected asap
2015-12-17
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-17 23:37
Has DJI announced when a new firmware will be released? This issue needs to be corrected asap

I agree with you , it needs to be addressed ASAP , I flew yesterday , Though the Vibrations
was scary , I went up to take a few pictures of my property , it did seem to fly ok.
The sound of the drone just does not sound right. My biggest problem , is i am now scared.
I don't have confidence in the new app and Firmware. Knowing its not right. This is not a good way to fly.
I feel the whole time i am in the air it could just take off on its own or crash. This is a scary feeling.
with 1.4  Firmware on the drone and 1.3 on the controller and old DJI app , I had full Confidence in
the drone. And i felt if the was a problem Return to Home would bring it back.  Right now.
I don't have that full Confidence in my P3P , Even though i can still fly , I know something
is wrong , Does that make any since.

Chris.
2015-12-17
Use props
sepatkr1
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-18 04:41
Hi ,
Could you please give me your email ?

How can i send it to you, i do not advertise it publicly.
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

sepatkr1 Posted at 2015-12-18 16:51
How can i send it to you, i do not advertise it publicly.

Can I contact you by your forum account login email ?
2015-12-18
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the old motors and was experiencing the very same vibrations. It took multiple downgrade/upgrade of fw versions 1.4.1 and 1.5.3 as well was, cold imu caIibrations/compass calibrations and finally, I  was able to eliminate the vibrations. I think what really helped out was lowering  ALL the gains on my P3A to 90%. This seem to do the trick. I didn't notice any major flight changes when I did this. DJI definitely needs to address this issue...
2015-12-18
Use props
sepatkr1
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-18 10:36

Yes of course.
2015-12-18
Use props
ilzalsss1976
New

Greece

Hello the last update is problem?
2015-12-18
Use props
ilzalsss1976
New

Greece

if I have the old version to download new or not?
2015-12-18
Use props
sepatkr1
lvl.2

Sweden

ilzalsss1976 Posted at 2015-12-18 16:36
Hello the last update is problem?

For me, i got vibration.
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

If you have vibrations with 1.5, try to downgrade and then upgrade and try all the things the previous posted did and was able to finally get rid of the vibrations.
If nothing works, please update the DAT file to Dropbox and provide the link and the tech's will look at the data and more than likely you'll have to send the Phantom for a warranty repair.
2015-12-18
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

I'll send mine in when the next firmware comes out. If it doesn't correct it, then I'll send it in. Plus we all get a 6 month warranty from the date of purchase. I got mine in October. I have until April. Hurry DJI and fix this.
2015-12-18
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-18 17:19
If you have vibrations with 1.5, try to downgrade and then upgrade and try all the things the previo ...

If I send the DAT file to Dropbox, how will that help the vibration issue we all are getting with 1.5 installed? Does DJI use that to fix the issue?
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-19 08:09
If I send the DAT file to Dropbox, how will that help the vibration issue we all are getting with  ...

Out of the tens of thousands of Phantom's being sold all the time a few of them are having the vibration issue. With the DAT file they can see exactly what the everything is doing.
2015-12-18
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-18 20:36
Out of the tens of thousands of Phantom's being sold all the time a few of them are having the vib ...

Do I need to fly it again to get the DAT data? Or can I just hook up my phantom right now and get the DAT file from my previous flight?
2015-12-18
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Also what is the link to the Dropbox so I can upload the DAT file
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No, you have to turn on the Phantom, the radio, and from the app get into MC Settings, then Advanced Settings, scroll down to Enter flight data mode, then follow onscreen instructions about plugging the Phantom into your computer.
2015-12-18
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-18 21:49
No, you have to turn on the Phantom, the radio, and from the app get into MC Settings, then Advanced ...

Okay. Is there a DJI Dropbox to upload the file into? So they can check it out and hopefully develop a firmware to fix this vibration issues we all are having?
2015-12-18
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-18 20:36
Out of the tens of thousands of Phantom's being sold all the time a few of them are having the vib ...

DJI Ken , No disrepect to you , but do you not read any other forum but this one?
You said there were only a few with this vibration problem on the P3P , That is simply
not True , there are quite a few here with problems with the 1.5 Firmware , and if you look
on other drone forums there are hundreds. All with the exact same problems. Its not a very rare problem.
it is quite wide spread , You guys need to except the fact this was just a bad update.
If it don't work perfect for everyone , its no good. Just tell them to fix it. Please.
Going back to 1.4 does not fix the problem. I believe the problem is in the firmware
on the controller. I have downgraded to 1.4 and back to 1.5 , with cold imu calibration
gimble calibration , and reset the compass 6 times. and nothing has changed.
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-19 10:55
Okay. Is there a DJI Dropbox to upload the file into? So they can check it out and hopefully devel ...

You would have to upload to your own Dropbox, and if China does not address your post by viewing the logs by Monday, then when I get in Monday I will have then analyzed.
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Chris, I was speaking in a relative terms as "few" in relation to the number of them out there. I don't know the percentage, but it's probably way less than 1% of the Phantoms that are having the vibration issue.
Yes, it is an issue with the older version Phantoms.
2015-12-18
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-18 22:03
You would have to upload to your own Dropbox, and if China does not address your post by viewing t ...

Yes no problem, hopefully they can see what's going on with the DAT file. Where is the Dropbox though? Is it in the DJI Go App?
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-19 11:08
Yes no problem, hopefully they can see what's going on with the DAT file. Where is the Dropbox tho ...

You can get a free account www.Dropbox.com.
Just make sure to upload the last flight and not everything. Even 1 flight will be several Gigabytes.
2015-12-18
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

ChrisC Posted at 2015-12-18 21:59
DJI Ken , No disrepect to you , but do you not read any other forum but this one?
You said there  ...

Oh I know, I've seen hundreds of people with the vibration issues we all are having. Even going back to 1.4, then back to 1.5, still doesn't fix it. Hopefully they release a new firmware to correct this issue because it's a huge problem. Luckily I don't see it in my video when recording, but still, I want it corrected. We all have a 6 month warranty with DJI. I ordered my P3P in October. So I suppose before April if this isn't fixed by a firmware, I'll send in the Phantom.
2015-12-18
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Doing Flight Data now. Will post Dropbox link shortly.
2015-12-18
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

After accessing my DAT files, the gimbal/camera is acting weird now. When I power up the Phantom, the camera starts to move up slightly, then levels itself out. Why is this happening now? Before accessing the DAT files, it was fine. Do I need to do a gimbal calibration or something again?
2015-12-18
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Here is the DAT file when I flew the Phantom on Tuesday for a few minutes. The latest DAT files wasn't big files because I didn't really fly the Phantom. Tuesday night is when I flew it for a bit. Hopefully this DAT file can help me out.

Here's the link, let me know if you can download it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/smlpo31ho6fwccu/FLY219.DAT?dl=0
2015-12-18
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-19 04:05
Chris, I was speaking in a relative terms as "few" in relation to the number of them out there. I do ...

Is there a way for us owners to check if our Phantoms is in the range of "older" Phantoms? As you stated that it effects older versions of Phantom, I can only assume that you are quite sure about what versions that are afflicted.

Would it not be a good idea to put that on you homepage? Something like: "If you Phantom is Version xxx (you can check by looking at yyy), then don't upgrade to firmware 1.5."

I sure want to now if my brand new Phantom which I have not even flown yet, will be affected...

And, are these issues going to be fixed with a new firmware so that the older Phantoms will be ok again?
2015-12-19
Use props
nigelwilkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-19 03:05
Chris, I was speaking in a relative terms as "few" in relation to the number of them out there. I do ...

How on earth can you possibly know that???  You only hear from people who actually notice there's a problem & use the forums.  Remember, these are sold to everyday people who aren't interested in talking about their drones online.  Out of the thousands of drones sold, exactly how many owners have posted on this forum?  That's the figure you should be comparing complaint figures against, not the number of drones sold.

"Yes, it is an issue with the older version Phantoms." - So is that the official DJI line or your own?  I'm hoping it's DJI's & they're looking into a solution, can you confirm?

2015-12-19
Use props
sepatkr1
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-18 10:36

I havent heard anything from you yet, do you think I should send in my Phantom for a warranty repair?
2015-12-19
Use props
chazdazzle
lvl.1

United States

So I had this problem this morning when I tried to fly my P3P.  Researched and found this blog.  I downgraded the FW and adjusted the settings to 90%.  Performed IMU calibration and performed test flight.  The vibration is no longer present although it still drifts.  The problem is definitely in the new FW update.  I am keeping the FW for my P3P in 1.4 until there is a fix.  DJI please fix in the next FW update.  I guessing there might something with the prop sync due to the update to FW 1.5.

- Filmed with FW 1.5.

- Filmed after downgrade to FW 1.4.
2015-12-19
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

A lot of you just going to use 1.4 instead? I might just downgrade back to 1.4 and leave it there.
2015-12-19
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-19 16:15
A lot of you just going to use 1.4 instead? I might just downgrade back to 1.4 and leave it there.

I went back to 1.4 on the P3P , its better but still vibrates some. I tried moving the gains to 90% .
I saw no difference , So i put them back to 100%.
The real problem is the firmware for the controller. 1.5 on the controller stinks. it is the problem.
1.3 on the controller was much better. There is not much difference in 1.5 and 1.4 on the drone
its self. 1.4 is a little better , less vibrations. but until they fix the controller Firmware,
its not going to fly right.
2015-12-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

sepatkr1 Posted at 2015-12-20 00:06
I havent heard anything from you yet, do you think I should send in my Phantom for a warranty repa ...

Hi ,
Sorry for late reply . I've sent you an email please make sure you received it .
2015-12-21
Use props
turbekirichard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1878415 ft
Hungary

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-21 13:05
Hi ,
Sorry for late reply . I've sent you an email please make sure you received it .

Please inform us all, what to do in this case. The vibration is abnormal. Should I send it to DJI?
2015-12-21
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

hi Patrick. İ have also have vibration and drifting issues with my bird after last firmware update. İ dont want to fly with it  untill the fix came. but when do you think dji team will post the new firmware for these problems. have they been working on it. i make all your adviese but the vibration and drifting are still there. Please help.
2015-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules