Software update 1.5 and vibration
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-19 03:49
No, you have to turn on the Phantom, the radio, and from the app get into MC Settings, then Advanced ...

Hi DJI-Ken,
I am having the same issue with my Phantom 3 pro after upgrading to 1.5. I tried to download my DAT log, following the steps you mentioned, but nothing happens after I connect my laptop to my phantom with USB cable. I have a Mac laptop, could that be the reason why my computer is not connecting to my aircraft?

Thanks
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are also doing it through the controller as well right? you have to turn on the Phantom, the radio, and from the app get into MC Settings, then Advanced Settings, scroll down to Enter flight data mode, then follow onscreen instructions about plugging the Phantom into your computer.
2015-12-21
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

ChrisC Posted at 2015-12-19 23:25
I went back to 1.4 on the P3P , its better but still vibrates some. I tried moving the gains to 9 ...

Yeah I hear ya... Over the weekend I downgraded to 1.4. I did a controller calibration, cold IMU calibration, gimbal calibration and compass calibration. Toronto was 0 degrees celcius so I felt it was good to do the cold IMU calibration outside. After all that, the vibrations still occurred during hover. Not as bad when 1.5 is installed though. So you think it's the firmware on the controller causing this problem? When the phantom was hovering, I noticed it sink in altitude for no reason :S I remember even saying to my girlfriend next to me, "I never told it to go down..." It would sink then hover there. Not sure why it does it, but it did. The drifting is also there with 1.4, not bad though. However, 1.5 felt more stable in the air for me. 1.4 the drifting isn't corrected. Ah! DJI just make a firmware that corrects all of this at once please!
2015-12-21
Use props
nigelwilkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-21 20:00
Yeah I hear ya... Over the weekend I downgraded to 1.4. I did a controller calibration, cold IMU c ...

This is exactly what mine's doing, same in every way.  The drone drops a few inches, I give it more throttle, it goes up, but then drops again slowly.  The height readout on the app is creeping up all the time, so it's like it thinks it's rising & then compensating for it.  It wasn't happening in FW 1.5 as far as I know, but the vibrations are too much to fly safely so that's not an option.
2015-12-21
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

hi here is my flight data.  

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/8qyX/CiVQGar7B   

after you examine it what would you do to fix it?
2015-12-21
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

nigelwilkins Posted at 2015-12-21 16:32
This is exactly what mine's doing, same in every way.  The drone drops a few inches, I give it mor ...

Yeah and that is why I downgraded to 1.5. The vibrations when hovering was to much! I'm like what the hell is wrong with this thing, why is the camera unit shaking the way it is. It's as if the phantom is constantly trying to stabilize through GPS and it makes the gimbal unit vibrate. That's my assumption anyways, I'm no expert, but I'm guessing that's what the phantom is doing. I'll leave it at 1.4 and fly it that way until a new firmware is released. I've been going back and forth upgrading, downgrading to 1.5 then to 1.4 like a headless chicken. I give up... 1.4 is going to stay until a fix comes out.

Here is my flight data. It's pretty big. I believe this flight data was when I had 1.5 installed. I'm sure it doesn't matter because I'm still getting the vibrations with 1.4 installed. Mind you... before ever upgrading to 1.5, I never had this issue with 1.4. Now downgrading, it's as if the disease 1.5 gave my phantom is still there, but just not that obvious. DJI we need a cure!

Flight DAT file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/smlpo31ho6fwccu/FLY219.DAT?dl=0
Please DJI review it and let me know what I can do to fix this on my end if possible. If not, then I'll wait till a firmware is released and hopefully you guys fixed it.
2015-12-21
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-21 18:39
You are also doing it through the controller as well right? you have to turn on the Phantom, the rad ...

Yes, that's is exactly what I did. After getting into Enter flight data mode at the app, I followed screen instructions until it says "now you can connect your aircraft to your computer through USB" (or similar) I did and nothing happens. The aircraft seems to be in flight data mode, cause of the noise it makes, but nothing happens in my laptop, no HD appears, files or windows...
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

If you're on a MAC you need to enable hidden files. If on PC, then they should be there.
2015-12-21
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

rubender Posted at 2015-12-21 17:27
Yes, that's is exactly what I did. After getting into Enter flight data mode at the app, I followe ...

I ran into this problem as well. I take it you have your computer plugged into the gimbal? Make sure the USB is plugged into the front USB port in the Phantom. You'll see the DAT files once you turn on the Phantom.
2015-12-21
Use props
MikeDrone7
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-18 22:05
Chris, I was speaking in a relative terms as "few" in relation to the number of them out there. I do ...

I have the P3P with the new motors and arms and I too am having the arm vibration issue since the latest firmware.

It is most definitely related to the firmware. Please refer to the DJI forum titled software update and vibration. Post #2 has a YouTube link that has the exact same issue I am having and post #9 from the same person has a reference to DJI technical support advice "downgrade to v1.40010 then upgrade to v1.5.0030 again and calibrate IMU" with another YouTube link with the problem solved. It worked for this person and I tried it once this past Sunday with no luck and again today 12/21.

Of note, with the exception of the vibration in the arms when idling on the ground, as soon as I take off it is perfectly stable, no vibration, no drifting and hovers as if it's connected to the top of a flag pole even when yawing at full speed.

Also I have no problems at all with the gimbal vibrating or any vibration detectable at all in my videos just the arm vibration as stated above when idling on the ground.

Please advise if there is a new firmware coning soon to address this issue.

Thank you and kind regards.
2015-12-21
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

MikeDrone7 Posted at 2015-12-21 23:36
I have the P3P with the new motors and arms and I too am having the arm vibration issue since the  ...

I think mine has the older motors. And i did what they said downgrade to 1.4 and back to 1.5
calibrating everything each time. I have done it ten times. and it just don't work. it still vibrates like
crap , I have went back to 1.4 on the P3P , that is where i will stay til its fixed. I think the
controller firmware is the problem . 1.3 on the controller worked fine.
either way , its all screwed up. DJI  needs to work 24/7 on this ,  and fix it.
2015-12-21
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 495144 ft
Slovakia

Tested new firmware 1.6 today. Didn't help. I lowered roll gain to 90 - that seemed to help.
2015-12-22
Use props
nigelwilkins
lvl.4
United Kingdom

kancur Posted at 2015-12-22 13:48
Tested new firmware 1.6 today. Didn't help. I lowered roll gain to 90 - that seemed to help.

The problem now is, if I try 1.6, I can't go back to 1.4 so will be stuck with the problems associated with 1.5.  Can anyone verify any improvement over 1.5?
2015-12-22
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-22
Use props
nigelwilkins
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Morph1 Posted at 2015-12-22 15:07
Guys how do I downgrade ? simply download the old firmware and install it over again or is there a r ...

Yep, just put the last firmware onto the card & switch on, same as an upgrade.  Make sure to have only one version on the card.
2015-12-22
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2015-12-22
Use props
nigelwilkins
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Morph1 Posted at 2015-12-22 15:31
thanks,  now does the same go for the controller ?
I would first downgrade the drone , then downgra ...

I don't think it's possible to downgrade the controller
2015-12-22
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2015-12-22
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Does 1.6 help or fix the vibration issues we are having?
2015-12-22
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

I checked the release notes and don't see anything to fix vibrations. Maybe they didn't bother mentioning everything they fixed? I'll update it in the next hour, hopefully it fixes our problem.
2015-12-22
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

kancur Posted at 2015-12-22 08:48

Same with me, the vibrations was still there. I did a IMU calibration and lowered the roll gain setting to 90% like you did. It did help. Going to do another IMU calibration later tonight when it's a bit colder and see if it helps.
2015-12-22
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2015-12-22
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Morph1 Posted at 2015-12-22 17:05
I am just curious if DJI released the new firmware update 1.5 to accommodate the new motors in the ...

Well if that's the case, they better give me free new motors then. This Phantom isn't even 3 months old yet :S. Either they fix the vibrations, or lose out in $$$ for replacing peoples motors. I set all the gain settings to 95%, will test it out shortly. 90% roll was fine, but just curious if I set everything to 95% if it's better.
2015-12-22
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Tested it out with everything in gain settings set to 95%. It is better I may say... I tested long exposures, so far the shots I took at 5 sec long came out blurry . Not sure if it's the vibrations to the gimbal unit, or the phantom moving about in the air. Do I need to increase the gain so the phantom stays put? I'm sure if I increase the gain settings, the vibrations to the gimbal unit will be worse?
2015-12-22
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-22 07:33
I ran into this problem as well. I take it you have your computer plugged into the gimbal? Make su ...

I was plugged into the front USB port. I am going to try what DJI-Ken said about enabling hidden files on a Mac.
2015-12-23
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

kancur Posted at 2015-12-22 21:48

With "seemed to help" you mean it completely remove vibrations?

I updated to 1.5, and my RC through DJI app, last week and my P3P was shaking, I wouldn't call it vibrations it was ridiculous. Downgraded to 1.4  yesterday and flew it, better but still a lot of vibrations and useless video. Upgraded to 1.6 today (aircraft and batteries), better that 1.5 and 1.4 but still useless video. I will lower roll gain to 90 and test it again tomorrow.

I believe this vibration issue has something to do with new RC firmware too, because i was flying vibration free with FW 1.4 in aircraft and previous RC FW.
2015-12-23
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

rubender Posted at 2015-12-23 14:13

I updated to 1.5, and my RC throu ...

Yeah a lot of us is suffering from this vibrations issue . Whatever is causing it, I hope they fix it asap! I tried doing long exposures slots when hovering last night. All the photographs came out blurry.
2015-12-23
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 495144 ft
Slovakia

rubender Posted at 2015-12-23 20:13

I updated to 1.5, and my RC throu ...

It's definitely better. Haven't noticed any big vibration.  The  sound is a bit strange sometimes.  Even before the gain change, the vibration was come and gone - not always present. I have everything updated to the newest fw.
2015-12-23
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

İ update last firmeware and vibration is still there
2015-12-23
Use props
Maxim.Rast
lvl.1
Belarus

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-14 12:43
Hi , Maxim
Could you please post a video of that vibration and noise ? Please derive the flight lo ...

Hello Patrick,

I uploaded dat files and video a week ago. Did you have any news after investigation?
2015-12-23
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

There have been two weeks with my birds vibration problem and i cant fly with it. and that drives me crayz. dji havent told anything about the fixing this problem and this the second thing drives me crazy too. so many people send their data and there is no explanation or answer  or any feed back . i live in turkey and phone the dji stuff and told my vibration problem. They have no idea about it. So please tell me when and who  will fix it. İ dont pay it for put my drone somewhere in the house and watch it . it belongs to air lol ! so please dji just at least tell us you working on it. please
2015-12-23
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Yeah Patrick. I posted my DAT file on here as well. Have you looked at it?
2015-12-23
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-22 06:36
If you're on a MAC you need to enable hidden files. If on PC, then they should be there.

Here are my DAT files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q7vt2 ... SzMEs96T62TA_a?dl=0

Please let me know asap if your engineers, through my files or others, have found a way to get rid of vibrations. The video footage I am getting is completely useless,  I am loosing money and clients.
2015-12-23
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Luckily in video during the day, the vibrations don't effect the footage. Now, if you take long exposure shots, you may see blurry shots. I had to take at least 10 shots to get 1-2 clear shots with a 3 sec exposure. It's not bad I suppose, but still, the vibrations need to be addressed and corrected. Come on DJI, this problem we are having isn't a small percentage of us. It's a large percentage of Phantom 3 owners suffering from this. Why send out a 1.6 update that only address the battery and nothing else? Common... Just please DJI fix our issues so we can go on and enjoy the product we purchased from you.

Thank you.
2015-12-23
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

I live in a warm climate. I am staying with 1.4 til the vibration problem is figured out. , if you go to 1.6 you can't go back to 1.4
At least that is what i am understanding.
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

For those who have uploaded DAT files and have not heard back, post them again and I will have them looked at Monday. And please describe the issues.
2015-12-23
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

here is my new with latest firmware. gimbal is vibrating. i take roll gain %90 but not effect.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/APpn/ZvH3d2tX9
2015-12-23
Use props
MikeDrone7
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-23 23:52
For those who have uploaded DAT files and have not heard back, post them again and I will have them  ...

DJI-Ken would you please respond to my post #170 above!

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mike, I've only heard of this vibration issue with the older motor/ESC's.  will ask about it Monday, can you make a video and post it. make one of both on the ground with the props idling and also make one of it hovering.
Thanks
2015-12-23
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-23 23:52
For those who have uploaded DAT files and have not heard back, post them again and I will have them  ...

Latest firmware 1.6 installed. Gimbal unit vibrates when hovering. Tried 95% gain for roll & pitch. Vibrations are still present, but not as bad. Ken please look over my DAT file and let me know what I can do to fix this issue we all are having. I'm sure it's a software base problem because we all are suffering from these vibrations when hovering.

Thank you.

Here is my DAT file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/788eww9312g6ewn/FLY298.DAT?dl=0
2015-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules