Software update 1.5 and vibration
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

rskardon Posted at 2015-12-9 12:00
But you're still on Firmware 1.4 right? Is it possible to run the P3 on the older firmware and the ...

That I am not sure. I'm going to try 1.5 again and set everything at 90% in gains. I wonder if that'll reduce the vibrations. I take it as 100% gains is making the phantom twitchy :S

When the props are on, I noticed the back right motor is idling less in rpm's than the rest. I hope that's normal. It sort of looks as if the motor and prop wobbles, but that's not the case. When I removed the props, all the motors looked fine and stable, with no vibrations to the arms.
2015-12-9
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 464741 ft
Switzerland

Same problem with v1.5 here. It wobbles like a pudding. DJI please fix it.
2015-12-9
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

I forgot to mention that I tried 4 brand new props but the vibration and drifting was till present.  I'm back on 1.4 and the vibration isn't as noticeable but the drifting is still there.  I took it inside (out f the wind) but it still drifted around (VPS on and off).  I'll give the gain @ 90% a try to see if that helps me.
2015-12-9
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

wrs heli Posted at 2015-12-9 13:46
Same problem with v1.5 here. It wobbles like a pudding. DJI please fix it.

Try gain 90%, see if it helps. It helped me. I reinstalled 1.5 again and the vibration has been calmed down. Also I used the new spare white props DJI gave. So I don't see how the props would be unbalanced. The gimbal unit would vibrate here and there. Not frequent as before. So I wonder why it happens though.
2015-12-9
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

snowride419 Posted at 2015-12-9 14:20
I forgot to mention that I tried 4 brand new props but the vibration and drifting was till present.  ...

Yeah try out 90% gain. I tried 80%, and the phantom didn't like it to much. It vibrated a bit more. So I found 90% sweet spot, maybe for me anyways. Unless the 80% is to low?

Here is the settings I am using and hovers better than 100% for me.
2015-12-9
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

The point being , I have the same props on my P3P that came with my phantom. And yes i have balanced them , And when i was on 1.4 on the phantom and 1.3 on the controller.
Everything was smooth as silk , Now with 1.5 on the phantom and 1.5 on the controller , it shakes. Even if i go back to 1.4 on the phantom , it still vibrates. Cause i can't downgrade
the Firmware on the remote. It has nothing to do with the props , I have the same props on it when it was smooth with 1.4 , it is simply The Firmware is just bad.
2015-12-9
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-10 03:34
Just came back from testing. Put new white dji props on, the vibrations was a bit better. However, I ...

Yeah.. the DJI people may have been testing their firmware with the newer motors with new ESC's that run more efficient. They either forgot about the updated P3 version or just assumed the firmware would apply to all.

This used to happen to my P2V+ version 2. If you didn't press "default gains" my P2V+ would drift or get jello from oscillations.
2015-12-10
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Hey ya'll, so I tested the 1.5 and here is the footage. I ended up using my new ND filter by Polar Pro. Here is the settings I used: ISO 100, 1/60, ND8. Even with the vibrations when hovering, it doesn't transfer to the video. Please DJI fix this issue in the next firmware, and make it quick!

Video:
2015-12-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-12-11 00:27
Yeah.. the DJI people may have been testing their firmware with the newer motors with new ESC's th ...

This is a good point you raise. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has the new motors to see if they have the problem or not.
2015-12-10
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-10 23:37
Hey ya'll, so I tested the 1.5 and here is the footage. I ended up using my new ND filter by Polar P ...

Was this video with the gains set to 90% or was this with factory settings?
2015-12-10
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

ChrisC Posted at 2015-12-11 01:57
Was this video with the gains set to 90% or was this with factory settings?

All default. Didn't play with the gains at all.
2015-12-10
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 495144 ft
Slovakia

Guys, i've been flying today and I had terrible wobble, even on the ground. I changed the pitch and roll gains to 80. The wobble is gone... atleast for now. It still made a bit strange sound when flying.
However there's a lot of other problems with mine (I didn't have any of these when I bought the phantom)

The craft is drifting to the side when flying forward, even when I tried full forward in gps mode it drifted sometimes. It sinks in hover all the time. The horizon is way off and there's no way to calibrate it cause it keeps drifting.

So I will probably send it in in a week or so.
2015-12-11
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

kancur Posted at 2015-12-11 04:59
Guys, i've been flying today and I had terrible wobble, even on the ground. I changed the pitch and  ...

I noticed mine sink when hovering at times as well. I think it's part of the 1.5 firmware. The firmware is so bad... Mind you I never crashed my Phantom so I'm ruling out it's the bad firmware.
2015-12-11
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 495144 ft
Slovakia

I never crashed too. It surely is a firmware issue.
2015-12-11
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

Follow up on different Gains settings...On 1.4 I don't see the crazy vibration that 1.5 was producing but the drifting/wandering is still present after multiple calibrations and different, brand new props.  I set the all of the gains to 90% but it still drifted around.  I tried 80% and no difference.  I did a "Reset all settings" and when I turned it on it flew up, up and away into power lines and then down, down, into the ground into a bunch of pieces.  WTF?!!!
2015-12-11
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

kancur Posted at 2015-12-11 11:33
I never crashed too. It surely is a firmware issue.

When I noticed the vibrations with 1.5 installed, I first thought it was my Strong Arm reinforcement plates causing it. Then I unscrewed off the plates and it still vibrated. Clearly it is the firmware and DJI needs to correct this ASAP
2015-12-11
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

snowride419 Posted at 2015-12-11 11:57
Follow up on different Gains settings...On 1.4 I don't see the crazy vibration that 1.5 was producin ...

No way! :O it flew on it's own and broke? :S Holy hell man sorry to hear!
2015-12-11
Use props
Fabio Dell
lvl.2

Italy

Hi everybody

Unfortunately, after upgraded firmware at 1.5 version, I have noticed vibration issues as well. Never noticed before.
Many possible fixes are coming out, also in other Phantom forums. I hope a definitive fix will come out.

Fabio
2015-12-11
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Fabio Dell Posted at 2015-12-11 14:08
Hi everybody

Unfortunately, after upgraded firmware at 1.5 version, I have noticed vibration issue ...

Welcome to the club... lol. DJI infected our Phantoms with a terrible disease! Damn you DJI lol. Fix it asap already!
2015-12-11
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

Definitely not cool!
2015-12-11
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

I got this too does not effect video unless flying fast
2015-12-11
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

I am just flat scared now , with the vibration , and people having fly away's and crash's , I think i am just not going to fly with this 1.5 Firmware , til they come up with
something or a new Firmware ,  I have flown twice , and it did not feel right.  This stuff just cost to much money to set there and watch it
fly away or crash on its own , Knowing there is something wrong before you take off. It Christmas , and as bad as i want to fly , I don't
want to through $1500.00 Bucks down the drain..
It Sux , it was perfect , flew wonderful before the upgrade. Now i can't get it back to the way it was even if i go back to 1.4 on the phantom.
I can't down grade the controller or app. This needs to be DJI's highest Priority to fix this , There are Thousands of drones that are
going to get crashed and destroyed if they don't fix this ASAP.
2015-12-11
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

ChrisC Posted at 2015-12-11 23:51
I am just flat scared now , with the vibration , and people having fly away's and crash's , I think ...

Oh I know, I even address it to a DJI agent. Supposedly they have no idea about this issue. I was a bit upset and slammed this agent with tons of links with forums talking about this issue. Then I said please forward this to whoever designs these firmware's because you got hundreds or thousands of people who's drones are suffering from the 1.5 firmware. Their response was they were 'sorry' and he/she was going to pass this on to their research team. Hopefully they get their act together. People who have their drones destroyed simply because of a faulty firmware should get their drones exchanged for new ones. This will teach DJI to test their firmware's more thorough before just releasing it.

The vibrations of the gimbal unit was 1 thing, but when I saw it sink in altitude during hover for no reason, I felt very uncomfortable. Mind you, this was done when I had everything on default! Luckily when it dropped in altitude, there was nothing in the way to crash into.
2015-12-11
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-11
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-12 00:44
You can still go back to 1.4 .You dont have to downgrade the RC.

I tried that , The vibration is still there , and it still fly's strange.
its the controller firmware and the new 242 app that i think is the problem.
once you update the controller from 1.3 to 1.5 and the DJI go app updated
you are screwed , Your bird will never fly right again . And DJI don't even think there is a problem.
2015-12-12
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-12 00:02
Oh I know, I even address it to a DJI agent. Supposedly they have no idea about this issue. I was a ...

I notest that. I was hovering about 20 feet up and it started to drop by its self.
I never had that happen , I grabbed the throttle and pulled it back up.
its just not right , They need to put everything back just like it was.
and start over.
2015-12-12
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Yeah they just need to fix this issue. It seems their response is to just mail in your Phantom to them, and have it 'fixed'. I'd rather keep my Phantom and wait for a firmware to fix it.  Hopefully more people are contacting DJI about this issue so they can see it's a big problem. So they can release a firmware quicker.
2015-12-12
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

ChrisC Posted at 2015-12-12 12:51
I am just flat scared now , with the vibration , and people having fly away's and crash's , I think ...

I wish I would have has your sense...I had 160 flights but the 161st was the one where it just took off.  All the trust I had built up over the past 6 months went away in 2 seconds!  IMHO, if you have any concerns flying with this firmware, then trust your gut.
2015-12-12
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

snowride419 Posted at 2015-12-12 11:01
I wish I would have has your sense...I had 160 flights but the 161st was the one where it just too ...

After what happened to you after the update , I am grounded til
there is a fix , like you said i don't trust the firmware
2015-12-12
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-11 07:32
I noticed mine sink when hovering at times as well. I think it's part of the 1.5 firmware. The fir ...

It seems even when people go back to 1.4 and delete and reinstall the Go program that they still have some vibration and drifting... I wonder... could perhaps the problem be in the new RC firmware rather than the aircraft firmware?

Is there a way to go back an update with the controller? I am thinking no with the way it is updated now. Otherwise it would be nice to go back an update with both the RC and the controller because my drone was stable then.

Butch
2015-12-12
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-12-13 00:57
It seems even when people go back to 1.4 and delete and reinstall the Go program that they still h ...

the vibration appear to go away when I downgraded to 1.4 but the drifting remained.  Wasn't there an update to the radio strength lately?  Maybe you are onto something with the remote...
2015-12-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please make sure that you disable synchronous follow.  That will amplify the yaw on the the gimbal.
2015-12-12
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-12-13 07:19
Please make sure that you disable synchronous follow.  That will amplify the yaw on the the gimbal.

Where do we find this in the settings? Will it fix the vibrations? Thank you.
2015-12-12
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

snowride419 Posted at 2015-12-12 12:23
the vibration appear to go away when I downgraded to 1.4 but the drifting remained.  Wasn't there  ...

With the controller updated to 1.5 and the new go app , even when i downgrade the
P3P back to 1.4 , I still get the vibration . I did not have this when the controller was
on 1.3 firmware.

They need to make a way for us to go back to 1.3 firmware on the controller
til this is fixed.
2015-12-12
Use props
Maxim.Rast
lvl.1
Belarus

Hello DJI support team,

Can you please provide your official recommendation what to do? Options I found in the thread here:
1. wait the fixed firmware from DJI and do not fly
2. try  to fix the issue somehow (downgrade and option adjustment seems do not work)

My P3P has got following issues after upgrade to v1.5:
1. strong and visible vibration when hovering
2. increased noise during the fly
2015-12-13
Use props
Sayen
lvl.2

Switzerland

Just updated my P3P and i have no vibrations. At least not like the ones shown on the Video.
I have veeery small vibrations. But i thing this are the normal ones.
Is there anything i can check on mine so i could help you guys?
2015-12-13
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

Sayen Posted at 2015-12-14 00:30
Just updated my P3P and i have no vibrations. At least not like the ones shown on the Video.
I have  ...

Do you have the newer motors or the older ones?  There is some speculation that the toilet bowl effect is only present on the older motors.
2015-12-13
Use props
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I flew my P3P today for the first time since updating the firmware & had the same problem, but if anything it was worse than the videos on here.  Stood halfway up a snow covered mountain, when I first powered it up I had an IMU fault reported, but was in no position to recalibrate it, not having a level surface to hand, so I powered it down & back up again, this time with no error reported.  As soon as the motors started I could see massive vibration in the arms, then, thinking it might clear if I took off & hovered, I got it into the air & could see the camera nearly shaking itself free!

I've got it home now & have recalibrate the IMU & it looks better on the living room floor, but I need to test it outside tomorrow, although the camera still shakes slightly.

This is a ridiculous situation to be in, where a manufacturer has essentially made a £1200 drone useless, not to mention all the other expenses that go with it such as batteries, cases, wasted journeys etc.

I'm surprised a company the size of DJI hasn't addressed the problem already considering the potential for bad publicity if people start contacting trading standards authorities or taking legal action.
2015-12-13
Use props
perseas
lvl.3

Greece

I have the newer motors and I am going tomorrow morning to test it for drifting, vibration and saturation on the RAW photos. I updated from 1.3 to 1.5 a week ago.
2015-12-13
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

Updated firmware to 1.5.0030, latest iOS on mini2, latest Go app and flew yesterday - All seemed normal.
Read this thread today and idled it on a table. It was perfectly smooth.
Specs: P3A oldest style motors and shell. One crash, no cracks, has StrongArm reinforcement plates, balanced Dji CF props and painted black shell.
2015-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules