Software update 1.5 and vibration
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-24 08:59
Mike, I've only heard of this vibration issue with the older motor/ESC's.  will ask about it Monday, ...

if so the problem is with old motors, is dji going to change them with new ones  i wonder? cos dji made no warm . There was no warning for  us like " old motors p3 owners  dont upgrade new firmware. "
2015-12-24
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

DJI's response to my email:

"Dear customer,
Thanks for contacting DJI. Personally I suggest you go to the DJI go- MC setting- Gain& Expo Tuning-Gain. Try to turn down the Basic Gain. It will help decrease the vibration.
Hope it will help. Please feel free to contact us if any problem.

For quicker assistance please feel free to utilize our Live Chat option by following the link provided: http://www.dji.com/support?www=v1

Best regards.
DJI "

I emailed back asking if there was a specific gain settings to try out first. Maybe all we need to do is lower the roll % gain. Hopefully he/she responds back letting me know which ones to turn down.
2015-12-24
Use props
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

If I was a cynic, I'd say they're getting their info straight off the forum!
2015-12-24
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-24 11:20
DJI's response to my email:

"Dear customer,

have tried my friend. does it help you i wonder?
2015-12-24
Use props
festusxj
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken, I'm hoping to get some footage and a file for you today. I apologize for not getting it done earlier, but I've been away from home. In regards to the issue being old motor/esc specific, I have a P3S (new motors) and am having the issue. Again, I'll try to get some data today.
2015-12-24
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-24 12:52
For those who have uploaded DAT files and have not heard back, post them again and I will have them  ...

I uploaded my DAT files 5h before this post do you need me to upload them again?
2015-12-24
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-24 14:59
Mike, I've only heard of this vibration issue with the older motor/ESC's.  will ask about it Monday, ...

How can I know if my aircraft has new or old motors? I got my P3P mid Sept.

BTW, I flew today with FW 1.6, did IMU calibration last night and set roll gain to 90 and it was a HUGE improvement (I flew yesterday with gain 100, no UMI calibration and same FW and video footage was useless cause of vibration). Still some vibrations, I would call them micro vibration when you pay attention to lines and/or letters in your shot you can see them going blurry for a second and back to sharp, not perfect but close how it used to be. You can also feel that the aircraft struggles a little more to keep its position while hovering (compare with roll gain at 100).

I did not upload the DAT file from this "successful" flight today, I upoaded my DATs yesterday, would you like me to upload today's too?

Thanks
2015-12-24
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

rubender Posted at 2015-12-24 12:29

BTW, I flew today wit ...

The 90% gain helped? Was your photos and video sharper without no motion blur due to vibrations? When you say the Phantom struggles when hovering, is it because of the 90% roll gain? I'd assume the Phantom wouldn't sit in place like a tripod though it would move about a little. I might try 90% for pitch and roll,  leave the rest at 100% see if that's better.
2015-12-24
Use props
festusxj
lvl.2

United States

Ken,
I finally managed to get some video and have my log attached (I think). Please help us resolve this issue.

Link to Video:
Vibration Video

Link to Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2b538i ... 4-30-55%5D.txt?dl=0

Let me know if this works.
2015-12-24
Use props
MikeDrone7
lvl.1

United States

rubender Posted at 2015-12-24 12:29

BTW, I flew today wit ...

2015-12-24
Use props
MikeDrone7
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-24 01:59

Thanks for the reply Ken.  I have heard from many here and on PhantomPilots with both the old and the new motors and the arm vibration problem.  Unless I use my P2V to take the video I don't have the means to do so.  However it is exactly like Post #2 in this thread which has a YouTube link that has the exact same issue I am having and post #9 from the same person has a reference to DJI technical support advice "downgrade to v1.40010 then upgrade to v1.5.0030 again and calibrate IMU" with another YouTube link with the problem solved. It worked for this person and I tried it 5 times now with no luck.  Like I said previously it is only when idling on the ground and otherwise it flies as well if not better than prior to upgrading to v1.5.0030. Once in the air no vibration, no drifting, no minor altitude drop and nothing detectable in any video.  

Happy Holidays and I hope DJI can come up with a fix for this soon.  I'm still flying my P3P I just take off immediately and don't let it sit on the ground idling and the arms vibrating.  The second it lifts off the ground even a few inches the arm vibration stops completely.
2015-12-24
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

MikeDrone7 Posted at 2015-12-24 15:54
Thanks for the reply Ken.  I have heard from many here and on PhantomPilots with both the old and  ...

Just came back from a flight few minutes ago. I am at the 20th cycle so I was trying to drain the battery to 8%. Around 8%, the Phantom gave me a status on the DJI Go app stating battery critical, emergency landing. This must be new because I never saw this before. Luckily I had it hovering, but it was coming down fast to land so I can to push the stick a little up to slow it down. Must be new from the 1.6 update?
2015-12-24
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

festusxj Posted at 2015-12-24 15:28
Ken,
I finally managed to get some video and have my log attached (I think). Please help us resolve  ...

I'm getting the same vibrations when hovering as well. Supposedly I'm hearing it's a gain issue. We need to lower the basic gains. Which gains exactly, I have no idea. I got my pitch and roll set to 90%. Seems okay, vibrations are almost gone. It's there, but veryyyyyyyyyy subtle.
2015-12-24
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Well , Here is what i did , Maybe someone else can try this and see if they have the same results.  This test was only done setting on my Kitchen table.
as the whether is to bad to fly. But ever since i upgrade to 1.5 on the controller and the drone i have had the bad vibrations a lot o you are having.
even when i went back to 1.4 setting on the table in my house as soon as you fired the P3P up it would shake like crazy. So i started playing with all the gains.
And here is what i came up with.  Now this is with 1.4 firmware , I am afrade to go to 1.6 cause everyone said the vibration was still there and you can't go back
to 1.4 , Maybe some of you that went to 1.6 can try this and see if it works for you. So what i did was go back to 1.4 firmware , leave all gains at 100% except
The Yaw , Set the Yaw to 80% , Then do a cold IMU calibration , Right now when i fire up the P3P , as usual the motors rev for a second then idle down nice and smooth.
And it does not vibrate at all  , I did lift off for a second in my kitchen , but can not hover very well as its in atty mode with no GPS in my house , But when it sat back down.
It set there and idled Smooth as silk , Now i don't know how its going to fly with the Yaw at 80% , But all i am saying this is the first time since updating Firmware to 1.5 in NOV
That it has ran smooth with no Vibration. I know some of you have went to 1.6 and can not go back to 1.4 , So i would like someone to try this on 1.6 firmware.
Set all gains at factory 100% , Drop the Yaw gain to 80% , then let the drone cool for a bit. and do cold IMU calibration , And come back and tell me if your bird setting on the
ground does not Vibrate anymore. Because until it is smooth as silk on the ground , You don't need to fly , cause you know its not right.
Soon as the weather gets better i will full charge everything , And see how she fly's , but right now my vibration is all gone with these settings.
its as smooth as it was with 1.3 on the controller and 1.4 on the Drone.
2015-12-25
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

ChrisC Posted at 2015-12-25 04:30
Well , Here is what i did , Maybe someone else can try this and see if they have the same results. ...

Would setting the Yaw 80% cause the Phantom to fly unstable? Just curious because I never gone that low. Lowest I went was 90%
2015-12-25
Use props
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It needs testing outside I think as it's to do with reacting to outside forces, such as the wind.  That would explain why mine was fine in the house but not outside.  Yaw gain adjustments makes sense to me as it seems to be diagonally opposed arms vibrating, which is responsible for yaw movements.
2015-12-25
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

I wonder if just adjusting the yaw gains would help instead of the roll and pitch. Is 80% safe though? On the DJI go app it shows 90%-120%.
2015-12-25
Use props
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-25 10:04
I wonder if just adjusting the yaw gains would help instead of the roll and pitch. Is 80% safe thoug ...

I'd just try reducing yaw gain in the smallest increment possible (1%?).  It might just need a critical amount of adjustment rather than a more is better approach.  You could find it works at say 97% for example.  Maybe even try increasing by a percent or 2 & see if it makes the problem worse.  You never know without testing.
2015-12-25
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-25 05:04
I wonder if just adjusting the yaw gains would help instead of the roll and pitch. Is 80% safe thoug ...

on my DJI go app its from 80 to 120 , i use and ipad air with newest DJI go app.
Like i said i don't know how it will fly i will try it at low altitude for testing. All i am saying is
right now there is no Vibration , I mean none. I tried all the roll and pitch from 80 to 120.
there was no change at all it still vibrated. The yaw was the only thing that would change it ,
I tried 80 to 120 on the Yaw , 80% was the only setting it was smooth as silk , 90% it started shaking
again , just try it setting on the ground and come back and tell me if its shakes or if its smooth
at 80%
2015-12-25
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

ChrisC Posted at 2015-12-25 05:16
on my DJI go app its from 80 to 120 , i use and ipad air with newest DJI go app.
Like i said i d ...

I'll try it out shortly and see what happens. The Yaw handles how the phantom rotates when panning right? If so, maybe the gain at default 100% is to much? I'll leave everything at 100% and play with the gain settings to Yaw. Maybe I need 80% like yours. I'll try it out though.
2015-12-25
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Well , i did a full flight today with the Yaw gain set at 80% , and everything else set at 100%  And everything went great , As i said before i am on 1.4 Firmware on the Drone , everything else is the new Firmware on
the controller. No vibration on the drone on the ground or in the air. Video looked very good. Flew a full battery , Started out with all full battery's , turned off cell data on the ipad air 2 as i always do before
flight. Did a warm up and a compass calibration. lifted up did a few fly by's in the back yard , did a drift test , was pretty steady , not a fence post but stayed pretty solid. after i felt confident it was flying
well. I went up to look around , about 400 feet , ended up going about a hafe mile out. made a big circle in my nabor hood . Flew from 100% battery down to 20% where my alarm comes on.
Then i came in to land , at 17% , Everything went good , I came in and put the card in the computer looked at the Video , everything looked very clean no jello or shaking in the camera.
So even after that , I fired the drone up on the kitchen table with battery at only 17% and warning beeper going off. and it still was very smooth , No vibration at all.
So i think i am on to something. Now the question is , now that i got it working right. I am wondering if i should try 1.6 Firmware , I wonder if it will work the same.
I would hate to mess it up now.  
One of you guys with 1.6 Firmware , set your Yaw Gain to 80% and leave the rest at 100% and do a cold IMU calibration , and tell me if it fixed the vibrations for you.
if it does , I might go with 1.6 Firmware so everything will be updated , But not if it don't work with 80% yaw gain and no Vibrations.
2015-12-25
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-25 03:55
The 90% gain helped? Was your photos and video sharper without no motion blur due to vibrations? W ...

I didn't take any photos, just video and there was a very very subtle motion blur effect (not constant). The Phantom struggled hovering compared with when roll was at 100%.
2015-12-25
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

Thanks!

I have old P3P motors.
2015-12-25
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did the new firmware update, I have old the motors. I test flew it today and notice the vibrations...this was after cold imu, auto gimbal cal, and compass cal in an open field.

What seemed to stop the vibrations for me was doing what I did in fw 1.5. I lowered the gains to 90%. It seems to be the sweet spot, as I tried a lower % but the bird didn't respond well...
2015-12-25
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

BIGDZ Posted at 2015-12-26 08:37
Did the new firmware update, I have old the motors. I test flew it today and notice the vibrations.. ...

Did you lower ALL gains to 90%, it worked pretty well for me FW1.6 and lowering roll to 90%
2015-12-25
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

When i used 1.5 Firmware Changing roll and pitch gains made no difference for me , Dropping the Yaw Gains to 80% is the sweet spot.
Roll and pitch stay at 100% But i got fed up and went back to 1.4 , and now it works with Yaw at 80% , But i want to try it on 1.6 , but waiting to see if someone will try
my fix on 1.6
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It seems lowering the gains is taking care of the vibrations, And for the ones that cannot get rid of the vibrations please post a link to Dropbox with the DAT file. Please do this Monday morning as then I will see it when I get to work.
2015-12-25
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-25 22:26
It seems lowering the gains is taking care of the vibrations, And for the ones that cannot get rid o ...

I agree with you ken , it does help to lower gains , But i think its still not right we can't
fly with 100% like we use be able to do , DJI needs to still come out with a Firmware
fix for this , even if its just for people with older motors , if you can call it that. I bought my P3P
in OCT and i have the older motors. I would not consider my Phantom 3 pro old , its
still under warranty , A true fix needs to come out ASAP.

Thanks.
2015-12-25
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

rubender Posted at 2015-12-25 16:43
Did you lower ALL gains to 90%, it worked pretty well for me FW1.6 and lowering roll to 90%

Yes I lowered all the gains to 90%
2015-12-25
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

This is the gain settings I used: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fb4y8gqe7ptu46c/Screenshot_2015-12-26-02-47-04.png?dl=0
2015-12-26
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Hovers way better than before. The vibrations are almost eliminated. I might try 90% gain for vertical and see how it responds. I tried 80% gain for everything, the Phantom didn't like it, vibrated bad. The gain settings I have so far seems to work good, just need to do some more tests. These vibrations make night photography hard or near impossible .  Dji please release a fix.
2015-12-26
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Quick question though, does lowering the gains to 80% make the Phantom slow to respond to sudden gusts of winds? Just curious.
2015-12-26
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-26 03:23
Quick question though, does lowering the gains to 80% make the Phantom slow to respond to sudden gus ...

When i set my Yaw gain to 80% , it flew just like it always did , I did not see any difference
in performance. Just that it did not Vibrate or shake anymore.
2015-12-26
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-26 05:26
It seems lowering the gains is taking care of the vibrations, And for the ones that cannot get rid o ...

İ tried all gains turn down and it was not better. Only when i make yaw settings % 90 the vibration effect but the still not the best as Before . So changing gains is not a solution  for me.   İ fly with all gains with  %100 and will post its Data tomorrow as you want DJ'i ken
2015-12-26
Use props
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
United Kingdom

This is getting frustrating now, I went out to test different gain values this morning but can't replicate the problem. I'll just have to leave it as it is until it happens again then try different settings as required. I'll stay on FW v1.4 for now though.
2015-12-26
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

I did more test today with my P3P FW1.6, latest RC firmware, and roll gain at 90% and vibrations are back, causing an awful jello effect. Never had an issue with vibrations when I was flying FW1.4 and previous RC firmware. I uploaded one of my shots so you can see how bad it is. DJI need to address this issue ASAP, or at least allow us to downgrade aircraft fw to 1.4 and RC to  previous fw.

2015-12-26
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-26 16:16
This is the gain settings I used: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fb4y8gqe7ptu46c/Screenshot_2015-12-26-02 ...

Did this settings get rid of vibration with fw 1.6 and latest RC fw too?
2015-12-26
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Try 85% gain for pitch, roll and yaw
2015-12-26
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

I had 90% gain for pitch and roll and it was okay. I had it with 85% yaw and vibrations were almost completely gone
2015-12-26
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-26 16:00
I had 90% gain for pitch and roll and it was okay. I had it with 85% yaw and vibrations were almost  ...

Pitch and roll wont doing anything , Just put the Yaw at 80% and it wont
vibrate and shake anymore. At least on 1.4 , I forgot your using 1.6 , I don't know
if it will help as much.
2015-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules