Software update 1.5 and vibration
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RuBesslov
lvl.1

Russia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-26 10:26
It seems lowering the gains is taking care of the vibrations, And for the ones that cannot get rid o ...

I have a problem with motor vibrations too. Phantom 3 Pro , Old motors, version 1.6.0040. How i can get DAT file?UPD: https://yadi.sk/d/9Uh-j5OLmXi34 , DAT File
2015-12-27
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

İs it possible to downgrade if i rename the firmware 1.4 as 1.5 when i am at 1.6
2015-12-27
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-26 05:26
It seems lowering the gains is taking care of the vibrations, And for the ones that cannot get rid o ...

hi dji -Ken here is my new flight DATA . i flied with all basic gains normal value (%100) .i have tried all combinations of basic gains  non of them works for me. Please advise something that help me with vibrations. i cant fly.i wish flying in new year.
drop box flight data
2015-12-27
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

ChrisC Posted at 2015-12-27 17:07
Pitch and roll wont doing anything , Just put the Yaw at 80% and it wont
vibrate and shake anymo ...

I can try 80% yaw and see how it handles during hover. Does the gain setting alter how the Phantom responds to sudden changes in the weather? It would suck if a gust of wind comes and takes the Phantom away . The pitch and roll is set to 90% it's not so bad.
2015-12-27
Use props
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I flew mine today & had the vibrations appear again while it was sat on the floor.  I adjusted the yaw gain to 85% while it was idling, the motors slowed slightly & the vibrations stopped completely.  This suggests to me as someone else has pointed out, that it's not the firmware as such, but the motor speed & prop balance combination.  It only happens at certain RPM's which will vary with altitude/temperature/air pressure.  That would also explain why I can't reproduce the problem in the house as the temperature is 10 degrees warmer than my garden & 15-20 degrees warmer than where I fly.

I've ordered a prop balancer to see if I can cure it that way, but until it arrives I'll see if I can adjust RPM's to a point where vibration starts & find out what RPM that is.
2015-12-27
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

nigelwilkins Posted at 2015-12-25 18:09
I'd just try reducing yaw gain in the smallest increment possible (1%?).  It might just need a cri ...

why are WE testing?  
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ismailtekin Posted at 2015-12-28 04:13
hi dji -Ken here is my new flight DATA . i flied with all basic gains normal value (%100) .i have  ...

I will have the logs looked at tomorrow. Also if you could post a video of it hovering and showing the vibrations that would be great.
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-28 04:53
I can try 80% yaw and see how it handles during hover. Does the gain setting alter how the Phantom ...

Adjusting the gains will not make your Phantom blow away in the wind.
2015-12-27
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-26 11:26

I tried lowering the gains and it didn't help.

Here is a link to my DAT files  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dwjlc ... lZKP3FrtiN-jVa?dl=0

I also uploaded sample videos for my DAT files

2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rubender Posted at 2015-12-28 08:22
I tried lowering the gains and it didn't help.

Here is a link to my DAT files  https://www.dropb ...

You can try to lower the gains down more. Also, can you take a video of the Phantom hovering (meaning have the Phantom in the frame showing the vibration) Use your cell phone.
2015-12-27
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-28 08:29
You can try to lower the gains down more. Also, can you take a video of the Phantom hovering (mean ...

All gains lower than 90%? I tried just roll 85% and propellers made a whistle sound that didn't sound safe to me.

Do you know when my logs will be looked at? I've been dealing with this issue for a week now, I need to be able to fly my P3P like before upgrading firmwares of aircraft and RC (as recommended by DJI go app).

I'll try to get the cell phone video tomorrow.
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rubender Posted at 2015-12-28 08:43
All gains lower than 80%? I tried just roll 85% and propellers made a whistle sound that didn't so ...

I will be back at work tomorrow and will have the DAT files looked at.
2015-12-27
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-28 08:48
I will be back at work tomorrow and will have the DAT files looked at.

Thanks, I will try to upload the cell phone video in hours. I am a few hours behind you so it's 2am now.

BTW, the two youtube videos I posted before show the camera/frame shaking while idling on the ground, hovering and moving.
2015-12-27
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rubender Posted at 2015-12-28 09:02
Thanks, I will try to upload the cell phone video in hours. I am a few hours behind you so it's 2a ...

Yes, I saw the vibrations in the video, just wanted to also see the actual aircraft vibrating.
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2015-12-28 10:25
DJI-Ken,

I'm also having the same problem with the vibrations of the P3,

The motors don't sound bad to me, also please upload a video showing the aircraft hovering and vibrating.
2015-12-27
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2015-12-27
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2015-12-27 15:53
I can try 80% yaw and see how it handles during hover. Does the gain setting alter how the Phantom ...

When i put the Yaw at 80% it flew no different than it ever did , it just does not
vibrate and shake , pitch and roll screws up how it fly's leave them at 100%
just bring yaw to 80% and it will fly right.
2015-12-27
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

nigelwilkins Posted at 2015-12-27 18:14
I flew mine today & had the vibrations appear again while it was sat on the floor.  I adjusted the y ...

Prop balancing will not help this problem , done been there done that.
I have the Du bro prop balancer and all my props are balanced perfectly .
I even tried 2 sets of props. it did not help it is the Firmware on the controller that is the problem.
Soon as we can get DJI to see this , The problem will be fixed.
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2015-12-28 11:20
why do the motors sound different when I switch the left vs right direction, shouldn't they sound  ...

Mine sounds just like yours, to be exact, if I yaw left or right the motors have the same pitch. But bank left has a higher pitch then bank right.
I wouldn't worry about it, let's just get the vibration part fixed. If the vibrations are verified then you can send it in and they will replace with the newer motors and ESC's with no charge to you.You only have two of the plastic pieces in the rubber dampeners correct?
2015-12-27
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2015-12-28 12:14
Yes Ken, only 2 pieces in the gimbal,  the vibrations definitely coming from the motors when they  ...

Maybe it has to do something with aerodynamics during flight. I'll start up some Phantoms tomorrow and see if they sound the same. I doubt its a bearing problem, they are sealed and you would definitely know if a bearing was an issue.
Mine has almost 300 flights and it's sounded the same since day one.
2015-12-27
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-27 22:38
Mine sounds just like yours, to be exact, if I yaw left or right the motors have the same pitch. Bu ...

Ken , mine sounds like that too , That is what i been saying all along , Mine has the old
motors and is still under warranty , DJI should let us send them in and have new motors
installed, So this problem will be fixed. We paid just as much for our Phantom 3 pro  as the guys with
new motors , our drone should work just as well , and it don't . And we need help.
Tell them not to sit around and wait for our warranty's to run out and tell us there sorry.
There going to loose a lot of customers that way
Please tell them to make this a priority please.
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ChrisC Posted at 2015-12-28 13:09
Ken , mine sounds like that too , That is what i been saying all along , Mine has the old
motors a ...

If your Phantom have vibrations, after verified they will repair with new motors under warranty.
2015-12-27
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

http://youtu.be/zPC5hWtaYkw
2015-12-27
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

@ken I also posted my DAY file. Check it out and let me know what I can do
2015-12-27
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

@ken here is my DAT file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/788eww9312g6ewn/FLY298.DAT?dl=0
2015-12-27
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Let me know if the DAT file says why there is vibrations happening when hovering. Respond back asap. Thank you.
2015-12-27
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-28 05:09
The motors don't sound bad to me, also please upload a video showing the aircraft hovering and vib ...

it is short video but you can see the vibration . also sometimes p3 legs shake with vibration.  

http://youtu.be/zPC5hWtaYkw
2015-12-28
Use props
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-28 03:38
Mine sounds just like yours, to be exact, if I yaw left or right the motors have the same pitch. Bu ...

Ken, Can you confirm if the firmware on the main board is responsible for changing phases in the motor supply or is that purely down to the individual ESC's?  Isn't it feasible these could be out of sync across the 4 motors causing an imbalance?
2015-12-28
Use props
rubender
lvl.1

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-28 11:03
Yes, I saw the vibrations in the video, just wanted to also see the actual aircraft vibrating.

Here you have my cell phone videos

First idling on the ground, you can see the entire drone vibrating

Hovering back view, the vibrations were more obvious live it's harder to see them with cell phone video but they are there.

Hovering front view, the vibrations were more obvious live it's harder to see them with cell phone video but they are there.

Please let me know as soon as you hear from engineers regarding my DAT files, videos and possible solutions.

Thanks for your help!

2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I've sent an email to the techs with everyone's DAT file and videos and will let you know when i hear back.
Yes, the board contains the ESC's and can't confirm if it's the main board or each ECS that's causing the issue.
2015-12-28
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-28 11:38

Hi Ken,

My interpretation from your statement is that there is an issue with the old motors/ESC, so much of an issue that DJI will replace the motors/ESC. My further conclusion is that this won't ever be fixed in firmware if DJI is willing to cover the expense of new motors/ESC...can you comment on my conclusions?  
2015-12-28
Use props
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I've just finished testing & adjusting gain settings & found setting Yaw at 80% has cured the vibrating on the ground.  85% was still showing very slight & occasional arm vibration.  Once it was in the air, in mild windy conditions it still had a shiver in the legs & camera with small gusts of wind.  These have pretty much gone with roll & pitch gain settings of 85%.  This was after upgrading to firmware v1.6.

So, for now at least, the problems with mine are resolved.  I'll have to see what different flying conditions bring, but at least I can do something about it now.  I suspect the firmware altered some of the flying characteristics which have affected the gain settings needed & no doubt they will be different for each individual aircraft, since that's what they're there for, to fine tune.  It would certainly be beneficial to have an instruction on how to test & adjust these settings though, rather than having to trawl the internet for answers.
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Out of the thousands and thousands of Phantoms, some with the older motors are having vibration issues. DJI is working to resolve it. In the meantime, if your Phantom has these vibrations and can't be resolved with advice earlier in this thread than they will upgrade the motors for you.
2015-12-28
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-29 01:00
Out of the thousands and thousands of Phantoms, some with the older motors are having vibration issu ...

The unfortunate thing for me is that while I was trying to resolve the issues using the advice from this thread my phantom had an unfortunate flyaway...160 flights without any major issues and the 161st flight just took off (support ticket over 2 weeks old with no resolution; DAT files uploaded all this handled under a different thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-36975-2-1.html)  So again...why are DJI customers doing all the testing to prove it was bad firmware?  Why do I have to come onto the forum and look for the magic solution?  Why can't we have the expectation that a firmware update won't completely ground our aircraft?  Why is there not a more official explanation, say on the firmware downloads page telling customers with older motors/ESC to not upgrade at this time?  This is bad, really bad, and made worse with a lack of communication.

And implying that this is a limited issue is not being respectful to the dozens of people on these threads and the likely hundreds that have not reported on this forum (yet).  I have the issue and I really don't care if I'm in the minority or majority of people.  I could care less how many people don't have the issue, I just want DJI to take some responsibility here.
2015-12-28
Use props
festusxj
lvl.2

United States

Ken,

I don't want to discount your older motor theory, but it seems it's not just the old motors/esc's  seeing this issue. Again, there are P3S users having similar problems. Aren't all P3S's new motors/esc's?

http://www.phantompilots.com/ind ... al-vibration.60383/

Hopefully your techs will find something in all the data we've posted. Please let us know.
2015-12-28
Use props
jomor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-28 23:11
I've sent an email to the techs with everyone's DAT file and videos and will let you know when i hea ...

Hi Ken
I have a new P3 Pro purchased in June with less than 1 hour fly time. Just havent had the time to use it up til now. Just upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6. it performed flawlessly before the upgrade, but now has the vibration described by others. I have the old style motors.

How can I avail of the offer to upgrade to the newer motors?

Regards
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jomor Posted at 2015-12-29 05:17
Hi Ken
I have a new P3 Pro purchased in June with less than 1 hour fly time. Just havent had the t ...

Jomor,
If you cannot get rid of the vibrations with the steps earlier in this thread, post a video from the camera so we can see the vibrations in your video. Also post a video of the Phantom hovering so we can see the gimbal vibrating.
And lastly, upload the DAT file of your last flight for the techs to read all the data from the motors/ESC's and control board to see what the issue is.If your video is perfectly clear than I would just keep it, but you can send it in and you will get it back in 2-3 weeks.
2015-12-28
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

hi KEN. how will you report back our problem fix to us. And if you advise me to changing my motor with new ones can i change them from Turkey Dji servis.  
2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules