SD card Stuck :(
26714 21 2015-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pdemers
New

United States

After unboxing, I checked to verify all components were there. When I went to eject the SD Card out of the slot it didn't move. I'm aware that if you press it in - it should pop out. However, this is not the case. It seems to be jammed. No tweezers will fit in their either. Did the manufacturer put it in the wrong way? What should I do?
image.jpg
2015-11-30
Use props
txpander
lvl.2

Netherlands

Try pressing harder, if it doesn't pop out write to DJI Support or bring the bird to your local dealer.
2015-11-30
Use props
pdemers
New

United States

Thanks! I'll try that
2015-11-30
Use props
IMI193
lvl.3

United States

I had same issue, pressed in, did not pop out, gently grabbed what little was exposed with tweezers, with almost no force, gently helped it slide  out, never had a problem again.
2015-11-30
Use props
pdemers
New

United States

I guess I need smaller tweezers lol not much is exposed at all. However it has no problem reading/storing information. Works great lol just stuck
2015-11-30
Use props
pdemers
New

United States

Update: I got it!!! Did exactly what IMI193 said and it works perfect now!
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

hah, tweezers is the best tool ever!
2015-11-30
Use props
shawnide
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55341 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the opposite problem... I've had my bird for a week, and now it will not take my sd card.  I can't get it to latch. Any suggestions?  My fear is that if I get it in, that it will pop out at 400ft and be lost forever.  Not that a 8GB card would break the bank, just concerned.
2015-12-2
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

I read here that some people had this problem and that once they got it out w tweezers it was fine. Mine was sticking but I got it out and then put it back and it jammed again. I was lucky enough to get it out again. This time before I put it back in I used very fine sand paper to file the edges of the card. Now it's working fine
2016-12-19
Use props
GiantRoler
New

United States

I'll second (or is it third?) IMI193's solution: Had the same problem after unboxing, did exactly what IMI193 said and got the same result.  Works fine now.  Whew!
2016-12-19
Use props
EnMoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209957 ft
Colombia

IMI193 Posted at 2015-11-30 17:01
I had same issue, pressed in, did not pop out, gently grabbed what little was exposed with tweezers, with almost no force, gently helped it slide  out, never had a problem again.

Do you have a pic of the tweezers that you use?? and how to, i try and i cant
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

EnMoto Posted at 2017-1-10 15:55

I would say the thinner, the better. Have you tried looking at some manicure or first aid tweezers?
2017-1-10
Use props
Japster24
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the info guys.  I had the exact same issue with my new P3S w/ the 8GB card that came with it.  After I got it out and then re-inserted it, the card got stuck again.  I just purchased a 64GB one from SanDisk and it pops and and out as it should.  Possibly a sizing issue.   Mine was so far stuck down in the slot that I ended up using a straight edge blade to prod it out enough so that I could then use the tweezers.  Maybe the right size tweezers would have worked but that seemed to do the trick as well.  Hope that helps someone.  
2017-3-19
Use props
kaeyalin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153665 ft
United States

Had the same problem.  Pressed in SD card, it wouldn't eject.  I couldn't grasp it with tweezers, so I did what Japster24 did: Got a thin blade under the card, pressed the blade tip up against the card until it came out.  Sandisk 32GB, for what its worth.
2017-3-25
Use props
elegantcheese
lvl.1

United States

I had this same issue with a brand new Phantom 3 standard out of the box. The micro SD card seemed to be stuck in the camera upon arrival. Nothing in the packaging materials says that the micro SD card comes already inserted and this initially caused confusion as to whether there was even a card in there. I tried pushing on it with a toothpick and my fingernail, nothing. I got on here and saw someone had used tweezers. you need really really thin tweezers. the only ones that worked for me was using a pair of Rubis brand tweezers. they are pricey on Amazon ($30 but superthin and finally enabled me to pull out the micro SD card.) they're also nice tweezers for the really pesky hairs
2017-4-7
Use props
elegantcheese
lvl.1

United States

https://www.amazon.com/Rubis-Swi ... rubis+gold+tweezerstweezers from Amazon I used
2017-4-7
Use props
Leonard2017
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29098 ft
Canada

Had same problem,used tweezers and now works fine.
2017-5-3
Use props
fans20e3fdd5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146293 ft
United States

Just had the same issue with a new Mavic today. After switching to a different card and not using the one that came with the drone anymore - the problem went away.
2017-5-20
Use props
fans01e81f8e
New
Netherlands

I had the same issue and for the guys having trouble with the tweezers here is how i did it:

1. Make sure you have a tweezer
2. Try to put/slide top side of the tweezer inside of the slot (in a empty and open area)
3. Try to put the bottom side of the tweezer outside of the slot area somewhere around the drone
4. Gently pull the SD card outwards once you a firm grip with the tweezer
2017-5-26
Use props
Mrpete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604068 ft
United States

007KRBY02157
2017-7-20
Use props
snowyowl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6119 ft

I just purchased a 64gb micro sd insert it recorded just fine and went to take out the SD card and its now stuck. P4 Pro
2018-7-24
Use props
Capture Asia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294685 ft
Singapore

ARGH my mini sd got stuck in my Mavic 2 PRO!!!!! Tweezer is not working.
2018-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules