SOLVED "Confuced" P3Advanced acting like Standard
1400 10 2015-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallfalc
New

Norway

My Phantom 3 Advanced seems to think it is a Standard(!). At least that's what appears in the DJIgo-app. It allso insists on downloading the latest update for p3Standard, and shows no feed from the camera. When RC is on, the leds light steady red (Critical error). When RC is off it shows fast yellow flashing (RC signal lost).

I have tried running several updates for Advanced (v1.3 - v1.4 - v1.5), but every time it follows this sequence:
Gimble led
- green blinking (warming up?) 1 minute
- green/red alternating (update in progress?) 1 minute
... sequence looping until empty battery.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any ideas on how to fix this, or what could cause the aircraft to start acting like "standard"?

Could a service bin file reset the aircraft, and where can I obtain such a file?

Any suggestions are deeply appreciated.

2015-12-1
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

My P3 Pro also would have a popup box saying something about update available for P3 Standard. Dont know why.
If you start the app and on the main page that shows your aircraft are you unable to connect to it? If so, swipe left or right to another aircraft then back to yours and see if the "How To Connect" is gone then you can get into your aircraft. Don't know if you were having that problem or not but just trying to help.
2015-12-1
Use props
hallfalc
New

Norway

jasper7821@yaho Posted at 2015-12-1 20:46
My P3 Pro also would have a popup box saying something about update available for P3 Standard. Dont  ...

Thanks, but the RC connects to the aircraft...only it detects Standard when it should be Advanced. If I only turn on the remote, I can swipe to choose the right aircraft. But when I turn the aircraft on, it will change back to Standard. Once connected I no longer have the option to swipe between aircrafts.
I can allso enter camera-mode, but it says "no signal" and "update required".
2015-12-1
Use props
hallfalc
New

Norway

Sometimes upgrade log (/MISC/LOG/) reads:
[00000857][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000855][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000856][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).

Upgrade generates no log file in ROOT directory.
2015-12-1
Use props
IMI193
lvl.3

United States

This won't help, but apparently the app gets confused, I have a P3S, but the DJO GO app gave me a Adv/Pro version update message, it still appeared to update correctly, of course I have not flown yet.

2015-12-1
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallfalc Posted at 2015-12-1 13:56
Thanks, but the RC connects to the aircraft...only it detects Standard when it should be Advanced. ...

Ahh, I see. Don't know what the issue is then, sorry
2015-12-1
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

can you post the full hidden log file
2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi ,
This is really weird . Could you please post the update log here ?
2015-12-2
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

IMI193 Posted at 2015-12-2 05:55
This won't help, but apparently the app gets confused, I have a P3S, but the DJO GO app gave me a Ad ...

Hi,
The announcement appears once you start the DJI Go . Even if you are not connect the device to the drone . Since Phantom 3 pro/adv use the same app with Phantom 3 standard , the announce will come out when new firmware released .  
2015-12-2
Use props
juanpaulofloren
lvl.2

Malaysia

Had the same exact issue. Though the battery i have came from a P3S (had one before that i sold w/out the extra battery). I noticed everytime i used the battery that came from the P3S package it does pop-up prompting me to update the FW of the P3.
Its actually more of a nuissance really. I usually have to restart everything from the RC to the P3 inorder for it to know its a P3A not a P3S.
2015-12-2
Use props
hallfalc
New

Norway

Thank you all for your engagement. I changed the ribbon cable, and this SOLVED the issue. The RC/DJIgo-app now recognize the aircraft as advanced. After this update was no problem.
2015-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules