What app do you use for 4k video editing?
5694 12 2015-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

Hey everyone!  Just starting filming in 4k as I now have a laptop capable of playing and editing 4k video.  What video editing app have you used, and do you recommend it?

2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

you can use any app as far as your GPU can handle it. Final cut, imovie, premier....
2015-12-1
Use props
chris
lvl.2

Finland

For simplicity on occasion I use gopro studio it's free, and I also use premier pro, but that's a bit clunky sometimes, and if I want complex editing I use magix pro  X 7 it seems faster than premire and it includes proDAD Mercalli V4 the best video stabalisation software i have come across, also it has the only plug in I have found that gets rid of jello effect effectivly, but that's x7 is 400 bucks, and yes the gpu needs to be a beast for 4 k I run two gtx 770's that magix pro 7 utilises for rendering and realtime playback with effects inserted
2015-12-1
Use props
hotametaneo
New

United States

Does DJI have any editing program (not ap) for editing and producing movies. A program for a PC, not a tablet or phone? I have a Samsung Galaxy 8, I know it is not on the list of approved tablets but it work great in every aspect except it will not product a final product. It says (next) then outputting video and if it even make it to 100% (Sometimes it doesn't) it just disappears. nothing in the library, no file found...gone. this has become very frustrating, can someone help!!
2016-1-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

hotametaneo Posted at 2016-1-14 10:05
Does DJI have any editing program (not ap) for editing and producing movies. A program for a PC, not ...

The onboard DJI editing function is using the low resolution copy that is saved on the phone, so unless you are happy with a crappy video, don't try to use it. The real copy of the video is on the SD card, copy that to a PC and edit it there. If you want simple and free, get the GoPro Studio and use that.
2016-1-13
Use props
cbrenkus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-13 15:31
The onboard DJI editing function is using the low resolution copy that is saved on the phone, so u ...

Adobe Premier Elements. I tried alot of others. And settled on this one
2016-1-13
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

cbrenkus Posted at 2016-1-13 19:21
Adobe Premier Elements. I tried alot of others. And settled on this one

Hello, I have adobe premier elements also. My videos in the app look good. When I added them to Premier pro they stutter and have what looks like noise or blurred lines across them in random places. Any ideas? I'm running it on a new Dell laptop with the i7 processor with AMD Radeon R5 4GB.
2016-1-14
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Program is one thing but to work efficiently with 4K a smoken system is good to have.  I use a HP workstation, dual Xeon quadcore 3.1GHz processors, Nvidia Quadro 5000K, 32G ram.  I could buy a Phantom 3 Pro and Advanced for just what the video card costs.
2016-1-14
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

PartsGuy Posted at 2016-1-15 02:57
Hello, I have adobe premier elements also. My videos in the app look good. When I added them to Pr ...

Parts guy, is your monitor 4k, some computers/programs can not handle the down-scaling to 1080 in real time.

Another thing is to check your bitrate isn't to high. I created a 4k timelapse from still images and the bitrate ended being 400-500 MB/s, which isn't going to laod well off an HDD, and will even push a lot of SSD's
2016-1-14
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

Suprised that not many mention Sony Vegas. Works good.
2016-1-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

you could always try Cyberlink...

http://www.cyberlink.com/index_e ... 20-%20Broad&r=1
2016-1-14
Use props
christing
lvl.2

Japan

This article talks about DJI Phantom 3 4K Videos in FCP X/Premiere/Avid workflow. Hope it's helpful.
2018-7-2
Use props
Amynguyen102
lvl.2

Vietnam

Is there anyone use Adobe Premier Pro?

http://video.beatcolor.com
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules