Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi Developer is looking for IOS Beta testers!!
4648 30 2015-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

[ Last edited by CaveDrone In 2015-12-1 18:03 Editor ]\n\n[ Last edited by CaveDrone In 2015-12-1 18:02 Editor ]\n\nGo Get it!  I love Litchi on my Android.   The  Developer is very responsive to feedbacks and has been adding features to the Android app based on requests from users.  Cut and pasted from the website:

VC Tech

4:17 PM (1 hour ago)

We have been hard at work and are looking for a limited amount of testers to give us feedback. The waypoint mode is fully implemented using Google maps and is ready for testing for P3P, P3A and Inspire1 on both iPads and iPhones running iOS 8 or 9.

Feature highlights:

- Ability to pre-plan your waypoint missions

- Draw missions with the pen tool

- Supports multiple Points of Interest

- Customizable quadratic bezier curves for smoother videos

- 6 different waypoint actions for straight lines missions

- Automatic gimbal control settings (Focus POI and Interpolate)

- Take manual control of the aircraft during the mission to play/replay the mission on the fly including gimbal movements

- Virtually unlimited distance waypoint missions, the aircraft will continue on a mission even if signal is lost

- Use the Panorama preset to easily shoot a horizontal panorama at waypoints

- Custom RC keys functions allowing you to create missions as you fly them

- Load/Save and Email your missions

- Voice feedback for important warnings

- Record your iOS device screen at the tap of a button (IOS 9 only)

Visit our help page for more information on the waypoint mode: Help - Litchi

If you are interested in testing the app and giving us feedback, follow this link Beta - Litchi

2015-12-1
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

I use Litchi for flying exclusively.  I have an Android tablet that is used for nothing else other than flying my quad and the only app on it is Litchi (everything else I have is iOS of one flavor or another).  I have an iPad Air 2 that I am thinking of testing this on.  But I am so happy with the version I am using, is there anything that benefits me switching from Android Litchi to iOS Litchi?

Also, you said 'follow this link' but there is no link to follow.
2015-12-1
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-12-1 18:24
I use Litchi for flying exclusively.  I have an Android tablet that is used for nothing else other t ...

Who knows, I don't use IOS products so I have no clue!
Here is the link: IOS Litchi Beta request
2015-12-1
Use props
cotijuba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87490 ft
Brazil

to use litchi I have to have installed DJI GO on my ipad?

I use the auto pilot and he needs!
2015-12-1
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

cotijuba Posted at 2015-12-2 09:37
to use litchi I have to have installed DJI GO on my ipad?

I use the auto pilot and he needs!

In my android I can use dji go or litchi.  I do not have to have GO installed.   But I think if you want to do imu calibration you need to use Dji go
2015-12-1
Use props
Quadular
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14682 ft
United States

Great news! Have been waiting for the ios version. I applied for Beta testing, but they are already full, shows the amount of interest.
2015-12-2
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Quadular Posted at 2015-12-2 10:47
Great news! Have been waiting for the ios version. I applied for Beta testing, but they are already  ...

Quad,

Got the beta installed and checked last night. No flights yet, hopefully today.

Jerry
2015-12-2
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-12-2 14:20
Quad,

Got the beta installed and checked last night. No flights yet, hopefully today.

No until you shovel the snow!
2015-12-2
Use props
countrysidegard
lvl.2

United States

Just tried to sign up, says beta testing is all filled up, will notify me when a spot opens up.... Guess I'm a dollar short and a day late. Hope they open up some more slots. I've heard many good things and been eyeballing this since I got my p3p. Almost got an android just specifically for the ability to run this software. Figured I'd wait in hopes they came out with iOS compatible version. Thanks for the hard work guys, can't wait to put it to the test!
2015-12-2
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-12-2 13:28
No until you shovel the snow!

Nrg,

Did that yesterday! Another 5+ in the books.

Jerry
2015-12-2
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

Just ran my first test with Litchi iOS beta. Nothing fancy, just a quick Ground Station run. Performed well, no hiccups. Has a built in screen recorder, quality isn't as good as my Nvidia Shield but it'll give you the first glimpse at the new beta app. (I forgot to set the camera to follow the POI so I'm manipulating the camera manually.)

Jerry

2015-12-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-2
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-2 15:41
Do you have to constantly upgrade Litchi like we do with the GO app?  Does Litchi nag you to upgra ...

Rebel,

Short answer; no and no. Unless you're in the beta program you won't have to update the Litchi app very often. Litchi has nothing to do with the DJI firmware. You will still be required to determine whether or not you choose to update your DJI firmware but Litchi won't nag you about it like the DJI-Go app.

Jerry
2015-12-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-2
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-2 15:59
If your P3 would happen to fly away or crash , am i correct in assuming that DJI would not honor t ...

Rebel,

You'd have to ask DJI that question. I'm just a pilot!

Jerry
2015-12-2
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-2 16:41
Do you have to constantly upgrade Litchi like we do with the GO app?  Does Litchi nag you to upgra ...

No, Litchi does not have to constantly be upgraded.  No, it does not prompt you for any firmware updates.  The Litchi app is not connected to DJI in any way.  The limits you see on DJI (like for waypoints on a GS mission) for distance are not on Litchi.  This does not absolve you of any responsibility, only lets you fly how you think you want to.

It is a very well constructed app and flies the Phantom 3P excellently.  I use it on the P2V+ as well.  In addition to the Nvidia Shield that only has Litchi on it, I have a Note 4 that only has DJI Go on it.  You still need DJI Go for calibrations, certain settings, updates.  But with using Litchi for flying, I am able to decide which updates to firmware and software I want to perform.  A good friend always seems to be ahead of me on this, but he has sound advice: if the bird is flying well, leave everything alone until you know what the updates will do or how they affect others.  With the system I use there is never a chance that something will be updated that I don't want to be updated. (both android devices have automatic updates turned off and are the only android devices I have/use).

Hope this helps you.  It sounds like you want more freedom of choice than the Go app affords.  Especially in the annoying 'update' notices.  The Litchi app is a sound application and you would not be disappointed with it I am sure.

2015-12-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-2
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Can't wait for this. I tried using Litchi on my android, but had constant video issues. This is good news. Wonder if mt Android purchase will be good for the Ios download too?
2015-12-3
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-12-3 17:03
Can't wait for this. I tried using Litchi on my android, but had constant video issues. This is good ...

Jayhkr,  Strange,  I have never had video issues with Android.  I  use Samsung A 9.7 inches.  There is always a little lag, but never lost video.   I removed all the Samsung apps I could and turned off the rest.
2015-12-3
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-12-3 17:03
Can't wait for this. I tried using Litchi on my android, but had constant video issues. This is good ...

Jay,

I highly doubt it. These are two entirely different apps. A small price to pay for a superior app. The only way these guys can continue to provide an enhanced product is through revenue. Think about what a typical software program costs? Video editing software for instance. I'll gladly pay for both versions without a peep.

Jerry
2015-12-3
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-12-3 17:31
Jayhkr,  Strange,  I have never had video issues with Android.  I  use Samsung A 9.7 inches.  Ther ...

Yep, well both my Samsung galaxy note 2 and HTC one 8 gave me fits. I reset the tablet back to stock, erased everything, and still had the grey message of doom. Apple has been flawless so far. It could just have been my devices, but moving to the air 2 was the best choice I made. Now, just to get my bird back from DJI to enjoy it.......in the cold.....and hopefully snow. LOL
2015-12-3
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-12-3 17:36
Jay,

I highly doubt it. These are two entirely different apps. A small price to pay for a superio ...

I know, and figured as much. I agree, it'll be well worth the small fee once it's available!
2015-12-3
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

Just to let you iOS guys know, just got word from VCTech that they are hoping to have the iOS version of Litchi out before Christmas!

Jerry
2015-12-6
Use props
Quadular
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14682 ft
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-12-6 17:35
Just to let you iOS guys know, just got word from VCTech that they are hoping to have the iOS versio ...

Great news Jerry, looking forward to that.
2015-12-9
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

Quadular Posted at 2015-12-9 08:12
Great news Jerry, looking forward to that.

I think they're getting close, new update to iOS beta. Hopefully, I can fly it again tomorrow. So far, so good...

"Litchi 0.9.0 (15) for iOS is ready to test

What To Test:

- flight logs and automatic flight logs upload to HealthyDrones.com
- waypoint missions interpolate gimbal pitch mode"

Jerry
2015-12-9
Use props
frericksjim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297618 ft
United States

The litchi app for iOS is available for sale in App Store.  No iOS instructions or videos.  Is it save to try and use
2015-12-21
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

frericksjim Posted at 2015-12-21 21:01
The litchi app for iOS is available for sale in App Store.  No iOS instructions or videos.  Is it sa ...

I am tempted to give it a try. If I do, I will report back.
Edit: Just downloaded. I will give her a go tomorrow.
2015-12-21
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just gave it a quick try around my hose and I loved it. I was a bit nervous to try in on the new 1.6 software, but it worked just fine. I sat down and created a mission on my iPad inside the house, went outside and it flew the mission perfectly. Still getting used to all of the functions, but this is a pretty cool app.
2015-12-22
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2015-12-30 23:59
I'd just like to say that I finally downloaded the Litchi app for iOS, and I must say, it was pretty ...

IOS application is being updated constantly,  The same happened with the Android version when it first came out.  Many users had requested added features and it seemed that more popular ones were implemented.  It takes time for debugging and testing.  It seems the people who signed up for the beta are seeing the new features first and testing them before they are released to the "GEN POP" LOL  hang in there.  
2015-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules