P3S simulator in DJI-Go app.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I am curious, does the simulator in the new DJI-Go app accurately reflect the range the P3S is supposed to achieve?   Because if it does not,  that is a cruel thing to do to us poor P3S owners. And if it does,  then my P3S is defective.  Even with my 5.8 ghz amplifier I can not get anywhere what the simulator shows. I went out to 3500+ meters and still had full signal  on the simulator. Also, is it normal to have no scenery in the simulator? I was unable to download map for my area.   Whatever the case, thanks for making the sim available to us Standard owners.  Now when people ask to fly my Phantom,  I can let them try the simulator. If they really like it,  I will tell them, " No,  go buy your own"!   I can be mean and selfish that way.

Also, to me,  asking someone if you can fly their quad  is like asking someone if you can ride their motorcycle. It just is not done.  It is acceptable to offer to let them ride your motorcycle while secretly hoping they will offer you a ride on theirs. Just don't offer a downgrade ride. Like,  don't offer to let them ride your 1982 Honda 125 in the hope that they will let you ride their 2010 Ducati 1098.  

In the past,  my attitude was, "you can go out with my girl but don't ask to ride my motorcycle".  Now I have to add, "or fly my Phantom"!  

2015-12-2
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

That's funny! I've been wondering what my exact reaction is going to be when the day comes that someone asks to fly my Phantom. I agree with you. It probably isn't going to happen unless it's someone I know has a lot of experience flying quads (I have a friend who races quads). Otherwise, I'm prepared to tell them that it might look like a toy, but it really isn't. Not to mention that said toy cost well over $1,000!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
di-da-dit
2015-12-2
Use props
asadikhan
New

Canada

Why does the drone need to be on and connected to the app to be able to fly simulator? Doesn't make any sense. Does it also use the drone battery?
2015-12-14
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

asadikhan Posted at 2015-12-14 10:20
Why does the drone need to be on and connected to the app to be able to fly simulator? Doesn't make  ...

Dji claims that the drone needs to be connected and powered on to accurately reflect the performance envelope of the drone without having to code a lot of extra software that is already incorporated into the drone.  Of course the drone uses the battery  while powered on but it will not start the motors while the simulator is running.
2015-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules