Darn RC Firmware Upgrade Again: No GPS, Aircraft Warming Up, etc..
1591 11 2015-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sheepheadfilms
lvl.1

United States

Low and behold I was asked (forced) to upgrade my RC controllers on my Inspire 1 today.

I upgraded the RC's to 1.5.70 and they upgraded with no issues of upgrade failure as I always had with previous FW updates. I was rather surprised.

I took the bird out to fly and got the following:

1: "Aircraft Warming Up" (never goes away)

2: "No GPS Signal"

3: "Compass Error Do Not Fly"

4: "Radio Channel Quality: Poor"

5: "Failed to Format SD card"

Please know that I live in an extremely rural area and where I went to fly today there is absolutely nothing that would obstruct the GPS signal. No power lines, no antennas, no military missile bases, etc...nothing. Just me, the RC and the vast open Colorado Plateau Desert here in Northern Arizona. My truck was well over 50 yards away. I left my phone and keys in the bed of my truck. So not counting the 40 year old fillings in my teeth and the zipper on my pants, there was no metal anywhere around the Inspire.

I had never had any of these issues until I did the upgrade.

Anyone else experience this issue or other issues when upgrading to the latest RC firmware upgrade?

Any suggestions on how to remedy my issues would be greatly appreciated.
2015-12-2
Use props
Jackson
lvl.1
United States

I just completed the same RC upgrade and received the same message. I have tried (3) batteries, reboot several times, even warmed the bird manually. I am anxious to hear if someone responds with information to resolve.
2015-12-2
Use props
sheepheadfilms
lvl.1

United States

Jackson Posted at 2015-12-2 12:48
I just completed the same RC upgrade and received the same message. I have tried (3) batteries, rebo ...

There is a new DJI Go app 2.4.2 that came out Dec 1st. I'm gonna completely uninstall the app and the DJI folder and do a clean install of the new app and see what happens.
2015-12-2
Use props
Jackson
lvl.1
United States

Sheep - I just got off the phone with DJI and was told to uninstall the app and reinstall it. I did this and everything worked as normal. Just completed a flight with no issues.
2015-12-2
Use props
sheepheadfilms
lvl.1

United States

Jackson Posted at 2015-12-2 13:32
Sheep - I just got off the phone with DJI and was told to uninstall the app and reinstall it. I did  ...

Hey thanks for the info! I'm actually doing that right now. Still downloading though. Living in the sticks with a crummy internet connection really hinders the process.
2015-12-2
Use props
sheepheadfilms
lvl.1

United States

Did a clean install of the latest app. So far all seems well. Going for a test flight now.......
2015-12-2
Use props
sheepheadfilms
lvl.1

United States

Back from flight. Flew perfectly!
2015-12-2
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

After firmware updates you have to calibrate IMU, even though it says you don't have to, reboot all involved devices and make sure your machine is room temperature when you calibrate IMU. Don't calibrate just after a firmware update or a recent flight.
2015-12-3
Use props
Dody
lvl.2

Pakistan

is there a way to downgrade this latest 1.5.70 rc firmware back to the older one ? if yes, then please do guide me.  

i was at least able to get some live view after a few attempts of turning the battery on and off (with the previous rc firmware) but now i don't get any type of live feed at all. and i happen to have an important paid project tomorrow. my dji go app doesn't seem to be part of the problem because i tried it on both ios as well as android (ipad air 2 and samsung galaxy s6 edge) and get continuous  'no signal' .
2015-12-4
Use props
skyhawkvideos
lvl.2

United States

I had the same problem  but add in "No Signal", so I had no video image. I reinstalled the app and every problem went away...except  the no signal. Firmware won't update from sd card (tried 3 different cards), binding...still big red no signal warning. Strange thing though is the propellers still spin so it will fly and the gimbal controller still works. Just not the camera. Tried everything then called support. Got to send it back to repair...again!..bummer.
2015-12-6
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

skyhawkvideos Posted at 2015-12-7 05:14
I had the same problem  but add in "No Signal", so I had no video image. I reinstalled the app and e ...

skyhawkvideos
Try this combination:
1.        Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
2.        By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.
Hope this gets your video link back
2015-12-6
Use props
Kelly.pilling
New

United States

I had the exact same thing happen to my phantom 3 professional as soon as I upgraded the firmware. I can't figure out anything on the settings on gps. I might try upgrading it again. I you figure it out please post it. I will do the same.
2016-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules