***Audio and video NOT SYNC!!! ****
1234Next >
20464 144 2015-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

So I used the Osmo with an external mic yesterday to film a 45 minute video. I noticed in editing that the audio and video stop gyncing up after about 5 minutes into the video...Does anyone else have this issue?
2015-12-2
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, did the audio and video out-sync locate in the videos of library or SD card?
1)If it's the videos in the SD card, please upload the original videos in your SD card and then we will be able to analyze it.
2)If it's the videos in the Library, did the problem occur every time? If yes, please provide your mobile device type and app version. If not, you need to change to another place and stay away from other strong 2.4G  signals.
2015-12-2
Use props
ianwarsenault
lvl.2

United States

Sounds like it might be a discrepancy in sample rates (44.1kHz/48kHz).

Here's an article about something similar: https://larryjordan.com/articles ... 60345385.1449128221
2015-12-2
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-2 17:50
Hi, did the audio and video out-sync locate in the videos of library or SD card?
1)If it's the video ...

Hi Amy, How can I send you the footage?
Thank you.
2015-12-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

mountmotor Posted at 2015-12-4 16:04
Hi Amy, How can I send you the footage?
Thank you.

You can upload it into cloud platform such as MEGA, then send the download link here. Thanks.
2015-12-4
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-4 00:07
You can upload it into cloud platform such as MEGA, then send the download link here. Thanks.

I am uploading the footage now Amy, I will share the link once it is done, thank you!
2015-12-4
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-4 00:07

Hi Amy, here is the link to the footage http://www.filedropper.com/dji0308
2015-12-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

mountmotor Posted at 2015-12-4 16:57
Hi Amy, here is the link to the footage http://www.filedropper.com/dji0308

Hi, it's a 5 sec video right? I haven't detected any out-sync of the audio, so does the video come from the SD card or the Library?
2015-12-4
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-4 01:07
Hi, it's a 5 sec video right? I haven't detected any out-sync of the audio, so does the video come ...

No it should be around 13 mins....the out of syn happens around 11 mins
2015-12-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

mountmotor Posted at 2015-12-4 17:26
No it should be around 13 mins....the out of syn happens around 11 mins

Sorry, I can't open the link somehow, could you please upload it to Dropbox please? Thanks.
2015-12-23
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

Hi, same problem. After 3 mins lipsync starts to slide. Lots of users have got this problem according to google. Why is this? I am a professional videographer using top end computers and edius edit suite, so power isn't a problem.. The audio is apparently recording at 48k so that isn't the problem either. I am copying the mp4 file straight on to my computer, so it is not the phone.  

Amy, can your techies shed any light on this?
Rod and the cat.
2015-12-31
Use props
ralphcochrane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 230604 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-23 09:50
Sorry, I can't open the link somehow, could you please upload it to Dropbox please? Thanks.

Hi Amy, I've been having the same issue and it's really frustrating. Here is a test with the Rode Filmmaker Kit Wireless Microphone plugged into the external mic socket on the Osmo. I'm sending you the video from the SD Card.

Download Video/Audio test
2016-1-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ralphcochrane Posted at 2016-1-2 03:40
Hi Amy, I've been having the same issue and it's really frustrating. Here is a test with the Rode  ...

It's a 13 seconds test video and we can't detect obvious delay somehow, would you please check the video with other video players?
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-1 12:18
Hi, same problem. After 3 mins lipsync starts to slide. Lots of users have got this problem accordin ...

Could you please upload your test videos?
2016-1-4
Use props
klaasmans
New

Netherlands

I have the same problem. This is really nasty! Can't use the osmo as i was planning to do so since longer recordings give a strange growing 'sync gap'. Looks the same as a 44.1-48 difference, only thing is: i can't set anything audiowise... DJI is there a solution yet??
2016-1-14
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
United Kingdom

klaasmans Posted at 2016-1-15 03:22
I have the same problem. This is really nasty! Can't use the osmo as i was planning to do so since l ...

DJI is there a solution yet??

HaHa, you just made my day! That´s really a good one...
2016-1-14
Use props
klaasmans
New

Netherlands

martin94b Posted at 2016-1-15 06:48
DJI is there a solution yet??

HaHa, you just made my day! That´s really a good one...

Did you have any reaction yet?
2016-1-15
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Reactions? Yes, sometimes even pretty fast.
But solutions? Anything that works and solves our problems?
Or makes me feel somebody from DJI is really working on solving our issues?
I feel like I should write no, but that would not be the truth.

With the last FW update of December (for those who did not brick their Osmo) DJI fixed at least 3 issues I had before:
- regular 4k video in 4096 x 2160 resolution
- Gimbal drift
- uncontrollable gimbal movement in steady TimeLapse series (at least 90% solved and good for now).

BUT:
For regular video recording even with external Mic the Audio stream still faces two major issues which make the recording unusable: the Synch issue between Audio / Video stream and the clicks.

And for recording TimeLapse (which is the more important use case for me) I can neither use the video stream provided by Osmo itself (only 1280 x 720 resolution and not 4k as promised, in addition weird FOV jumps in video stream) nor the recorded JPG images for post-TimeLapse production (one of 100 images is corrupted on µSD card, leading to jumps in the rendered video - also recording frequency is no higher than 0.5 Hz or one image every 2 seconds which is way too slow for many applications).
So no TimeLapse recording in acceptable quality at all.
Solutions? Not visible at all. But we are getting a little off topic here...
2016-1-15
Use props
klaasmans
New

Netherlands

martin94b Posted at 2016-1-15 13:59
But solutions? Anything that works and solves our proble ...

Well, for now i will record my audio separate, but it's kinda crazy!
2016-1-21
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

klaasmans Posted at 2016-1-22 03:18
Well, for now i will record my audio separate, but it's kinda crazy!

DJI AMy-you said the engineers were working on this- can you give us definitive update please?
Rod and the cat
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI Adela 001
DJI team

Hong Kong

martin94b Posted at 2016-1-15 20:59
But solutions? Anything that works and solves our proble ...

Hello~The reason for Synch issue between Audio and Video varys. If you're trying with your computer, please consider the quality of your SD card Reader. Please check if your computer's configuration is OK for the 4K video. About the resolution of recording TimeLapse, please note that 1280 x 720 is the setting of Osmo right now, I'm afraid we can't give you better advice at present. In addition, different Media player may work differently with 4K video, if you encounter any issue with the Player, please try other Media Player first. Thanks~
2016-1-22
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3

DJI Adela 001 Posted at 2016-1-22 09:58
Hello~The reason for Synch issue between Audio and Video varys. If you're trying with your compute ...

Hi,

so you are saying that the Osmo is unable to record 4k timelapse video? And probably never will?
Then please take my unusable Osmo equipment and give me my money back!

As for the Audio Synch issue: I cannot believe that you are again just trying to force circular discussions rather than providing solutions. It has been said multiple times that the PC configuration, testing different mediaplayers etc do not solve the synch issue!
It has been said and it has been tested. Multiple times. Why do you think more testing will solve the problem?
The problem is the buggy Osmo. Period. Go and fix it rather than telling your stupid customers to keep on testing forever...

SD card reader? Are you serious??? Do you think we are nothing but fools?
Tsssss...

So how can I get my money back now?
2016-1-22
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI Adela 001 Posted at 2016-1-22 21:58
Hello~The reason for Synch issue between Audio and Video varys. If you're trying with your compute ...

DJI Adela, please expand on what you perceive as a problem with an SD card reader.  Are you suggesting that some external readers feeding in to powerful edit suites can be causing this problem? I am happy to upgrade my card reader but I would like a definitive explanation please, not just  a best guess.

I am using professional edit equipment to run my business and if I need to upgrade the card reader than I have no problem with that- I just want to hear the evidence before any further expense. Thank you
Rod and the cat
2016-1-23
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Adela 001 Posted at 2016-1-22 08:58

Having examined the problem last week, and reported my findings (no dji response yet) it is fairly obvious that there is a problem with audio and video synchronisation.

The problem is with the soundtrack recording.

All recorders will drift in time, and tests show that (for example) the Zoom F8 drifts by 0.5 frames in 24-hours, The Osmo drifts 3-4 frames in six minutes.

The test is simple. Mono shotgun records into a SD MixPre-D. One output goes to a Roland R-26 recorder, and one output goes to the Osmo. Tone is applied at the start of the test to synchronise -- and then at regular intervals. Load both tracks into FXP X, align the start, and then see how the tone aligns after a couple of minutes.

You can do the test yourselves ..... and I'm sure that you probably have.

A number of people have already reported the problem, including examples on YouTube.

2016-1-23
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-1-24 05:14
Having examined the problem last week, and reported my findings (no dji response yet) it is fairly ...

Hi Len,
exactly! so is it possible that DJI haven't actually carried out any trials based on all the reports? If I had a product with the potential sales of the OSMO I would be responding to these issues  damn fast! It is a super concept and wants sorting out- DJI are, as usual, offering platitudes such as "our engineers are working on it" and "it is coming soon"  Sorry DJI this is not good enough!

Rod and the (grumpy) cat
2016-1-23
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I think that the Osmo is an excellent camera for the price, and I'm looking forward to using it as a supplementary to my usual Sony camcorder, for all those motion shots that you can't get any other way except on a gimbel or dolly.  There are some really excellent examples of what's possible on YouTube and Vimeo.

Yes, there are clearly a few 'bugs' with the system, more than I would have expected, but most are probably solvable with firmware upgrades.

The only exception would be early release models that may have hardware issues.

We shall see.

2016-1-23
Use props
DJI Adela 001
DJI team

Hong Kong

martin94b Posted at 2016-1-22 18:24
Hi,

so you are saying that the Osmo is unable to record 4k timelapse video? And probably never wi ...

Hello~Sir, We'll keep working on the timelapse issue and hope we'll make more progress soon. You're DJI's one of valuable customers and your any feedback will be highly appreciated! Thanks for your support!
2016-1-24
Use props
DJI Adela 001
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-23 19:03
DJI Adela, please expand on what you perceive as a problem with an SD card reader.  Are you sugges ...

Hello~Thanks for sharing your opinions on this issue! At present, Osmo may not be as professional enough as you expect, but I believe DJI has been always trying to do the best! Thanks~
2016-1-24
Use props
DJI Adela 001
DJI team

Hong Kong

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-1-24 00:14
Having examined the problem last week, and reported my findings (no dji response yet) it is fairly ...

Hello~Thanks for your effort of testing. I agree that Osmo still needs to be improved. Your support and feedback are all helpful and we appreicate with that. Thank you~
2016-1-24
Use props
DJI Adela 001
DJI team

Hong Kong

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-1-24 07:51
I think that the Osmo is an excellent camera for the price, and I'm looking forward to using it as a ...

Thanks for your fair comment! Hope you'll have more fun with Osmo~We'll be all with you!
2016-1-24
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI Adela 001 Posted at 2016-1-25 19:29
Hello~Thanks for sharing your opinions on this issue! At present, Osmo may not be as professional  ...

I asked specifically about your reference to sd card readers. Please answer the question or let us know you can't. But please dont' patronise us with all this "thanks for sharing" platitudes. We only ask for answers.  You stated that SD card readers could be a problem- I just want to know why. Thank you.
Rod and the cat
2016-1-25
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3

DJI Adela 001 Posted at 2016-1-25 07:24
Hello~Sir, We'll keep working on the timelapse issue and hope we'll make more progress soon. You'r ...

I cannot agree more to rodAndTheCat.

What was the exact phrase of the other post again?
"Are you from BlaBla department"?

One more time DJI is doing nothing else but putting us customers down.

In your first post you said in respect to TimeLapse 4k: "I´m afraid we can´t give you better advice at present" - now you say eventually sometimes somebody might or might not work on it. Vague as always, no solution, nothing, just BlaBla...

And just like rodandthecat: you did not answer my question:
While obviously Osmo is unable to record bugfree 4K timelapse I want my money back - where can I return my useless Osmo stuff and get my money back, Adela?
2016-1-25
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-26 00:11
I asked specifically about your reference to sd card readers. Please answer the question or let us ...

Is this in the too hard box Adela? I would like an understanding on your comments please, and a awaiting some clarification on your comments re SD card reader problems Thank you.
Rod and the cat
2016-1-28
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-29 18:49
Is this in the too hard box Adela? I would like an understanding on your comments please, and a aw ...

DJI PLEASE answer my question regarding your statement on SD card readers. This is important technical info (if you have it) and could explain audio time lags as you suggest.

If you know of a problem with certain SD card readers please tell us!
Rod and the cat
2016-1-30
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-31 11:49
DJI PLEASE answer my question regarding your statement on SD card readers. This is important techn ...

Ho Hum!!!!! Still waiting DJI- anybody there?
Rod and the (bored) cat
2016-2-1
Use props
egpgjacob
New

United States

DJI Has acknowledged that is and issue. this thread has gotten off topic.

I am hoping that DJI will give us an update as to if and when this problem will be fixed with firmware. I was told on the phone that its is being addressed but it would be nice to have an announcement
so we are all not thinking we wasted our money.

To be clear  - audio and video go out of sync at about the 3min 45sec mark and gets worse from there. it has nothing to do with anything else.

PLease DJI!
2016-2-4
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

egpgjacob Posted at 2016-2-5 09:12
DJI Has acknowledged that is and issue. this thread has gotten off topic.

I am hoping that DJI will ...

Hi egpgjacob.

not off topic at all.  Adela stated "Hello~The reason for Synch issue between Audio and Video varys. If you're trying with your computer, please consider the quality of your SD card Reader.

As a professional I was very interested in why she said this is a possible cause. But I totally agree with you, that we are long overdue an answer on this, hence my continuing to post.  

SO DJI IF YOU ARE WORKING ON THIS PLEASE GRACE US WITH AN UPDATE ON WHERE YOU ARE WITH ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE. Thak you
Rod and the cat  
2016-2-4
Use props
klaasmans
New

Netherlands

I'm sure the audio sync problem has nothing to do with the SD card Reader. Is it something you will fix anytime soon? Or never?
2016-2-9
Use props
jaleaman
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just to jump in on this:

i am having sync issues with a wired lavelier mic and right now it appears that most people with an OSMO are suffering too. DJI don't seem to be interested in updating the issue, or indeed acknowledging that there IS an issue. I came across this thread and DJI's 'response' has been pretty awful blaming people's computers or in some cases card readers(!) - It's not a card reader issue.

I am also interested in getting my money back - i haven't be able to use the Cosmo in the way that I intended. I thought it might be serviceable with a 3rd party external mic, but the sync issue renders it pretty much useless to me now. It's a real shame - it's a great idea, but sadly and very much obviously seems to still be in beta.

DJI - can you tell me how to get my money back on this please? And please don't ignore the request and thank me for my support.
jadot
2016-2-16
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

jaleaman@me.com Posted at 2016-2-17 06:43
Just to jump in on this:

i am having sync issues with a wired lavelier mic and right now it appear ...

:@ DJI----are you addressing this sync issue or not?  say something at least- you have quite a few unhappy users on this topic and are maintaining silence for some reason Now C'mon, we support your products, you should support us.
Rod and the (increasingly grumpy) cat
2016-2-16
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules