Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
***Audio and video NOT SYNC!!! ****
20455 144 2015-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drikin
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

For me it's always happening for local videos in SD card. I don't use iPhone's videos.
I'm also using Rode's pin microphone with Osmo and using D-Log mode with 4K/30fps.

2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
In the latest Osmo firmware v1.6.2.10, this situation should be improved a lot, is your FW the latest one?

Thanks.
2016-6-16
Use props
drikin
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-17 14:09
Hello.
In the latest Osmo firmware v1.6.2.10, this situation should be improved a lot, is your FW th ...

I'm exactly using v1.6.2.10 but it's still happening very frequently.
Let me try None instead of D-Log for my color mode which is only my idea what I can try.
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

drikin Posted at 2016-6-18 02:06
I'm exactly using v1.6.2.10 but it's still happening very frequently.
Let me try None instead of  ...

Hello.
I'd like to wait for your feedback about your further tests.
If the problem persist, please send me the original files and please tell me which program you use to playback your footage.

Thanks.
2016-6-18
Use props
drikin
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-19 10:06
Hello.
I'd like to wait for your feedback about your further tests.
If the problem persist, please ...

Unfortunately, either D-log or normal setting has exactly same issue.
It's not related. Do you reproduce this issue in DJI engineer team?
Are you noticed this issue?
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

drikin Posted at 2016-6-20 15:33
It's not related. Do you rep ...

Hello.
Thanks for your further information.
To further figure out the issue, you may also need to take the SD card and the WiFi signal into consideration.
So, what kind of SD card are you using? Is it in a good condition?
You can change to 5.8GHz to have a test or just switch off the WiFi signal.

Please have more test and wait for your further update.
2016-6-19
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

drikin Posted at 2016-6-20 08:33
It's not related. Do you rep ...

It would be useful if you put an example file into Dropbox or something similar so that we can all have a look at the problem.

Question: after the video begins, how long is it before the sound/video get out of sync?
2016-6-20
Use props
jonasis
lvl.1

Belgium

Just ended a long Osmo X3 chat support session with DJI.
One of the things they had me do was crank up the audio levels to 60 instead of the standard 30.
I've done some tests with it and strangely enough it seems to work for now, all is perfectly synced.

I especially have the sync problem when recording a lot of takes on the same SD card it seems. Furthermore I can let you know that there is no clear firmware update date set for the X3 Osmo.

Good luck to all you Osmo users, keep the fate, don't give up on them just yet. Agreed, they shouldn't sell a buggy product, but it still is a great camera for the price.
I don't know about you, but my iPhone is as buggy (and as expensive) as my Osmo, just saying...

Anyway, if the sync issue stays, I'll just record with a lav on the Zoom H6 and sync it manually with a clap in the beginning and end of each clip, old skool .

2016-7-25
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've just re-checked my Osmo, and the audio/video are still perfectly in sync at the 30 minute mark.
2016-7-26
Use props
LoganRO
New
Romania

Just to let you know that I had the same issue with audio sync.
I've tested some settings and now is OK.

My SOLUTION:
I shot only on 1080 25fps/50fps or 4k 25fps/50fps.

I hope this will help somebody
2017-5-24
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

This is really a long post. It takes me half an hour to read.  It also is encouraging to see the sync issue has been resolved.

But what about the 4.2G file size limit where frames are loss when starting with a new file.

This issue has been discussed and voiced in various post. DJI has been ignoring it. Without continuous pressure from users, it seems that it will never be resolved. I have bought a Osmo pro and expected to have a excellent product after expending all this money. But DJI has failed its customer in 1. acknowledging the issue and 2. to offer a solution and timeline to fix. Very disappointing.

It is even more disheartening that they have obviously fixed this issue in their latest products like Inspire 2, Phantom 4 pro, Phantom Advance. DJI has however chose not to address this issue to their earlier faulty product.
2017-5-24
Use props
fans3a35dc91
New
Thailand

Hello all, I feel your frustration as I just got my Osmo plus and let’s just say expected more from the same company that made my Awesome Mavic pro.  I have been working through a couple issues over the last week seriously trying to fix (or figure out) this thing and the audio was solved, so now that I can check that off my list.  This was surly my own negligence, but I thought no matter how stupid or small, it might help someone with the same issue.

I have had my osmo plus about a week and was having the same problem.  The video and audio would work fine on the preview, however when I downloaded it there was no or Mickey Mouse audio.  I even downloaded the DJI camera exporter software (https://www.dji.com/osmo/info), but it was totally useless.  I finally got it to work by hooking up a cord (which funny enough does not come with the product) directly to the Osmo Plus to download it to my computer.  I have painfully watched up to 23 minutes of my own test video and the audio works!  I know it sounds stupid or incredibly lazy on my part, but previously I was taking the files directly from my Samsung galaxy s7 edge phone.  So anyway hope this helps get someone’s audio back.

2017-5-28
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

It seems that you are downloading the video by using a usb cable to your computer. You can also take the micro SD card out and using a SD card reader and save it onto your computer. It will be much quicker that way. What I usually do is to move all my video from SD after shooting so that the SD card is always empty  for the next shot. Your computer is the archiving and processing tool for your video and photo.
2017-5-31
Use props
G4 DRONE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2577261 ft
Brazil

I'm having the same sync problem in audio and video. At first it starts synchronized and then loses its synchrony completely.

I'm using DJI Osmo pro with X5, recording in 4K 24 frames.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

G4 DRONE Posted at 2017-7-21 19:43
I'm having the same sync problem in audio and video. At first it starts synchronized and then loses its synchrony completely.

I'm using DJI Osmo pro with X5, recording in 4K 24 frames.

We suggest to refresh the firmware by the following step:
Download the firmware to the roof directory of SD card, before powering on, keep pressing the Trigger and Record button simultaneously, then pull the Power Switch down for about 5 second until the right LED blinks red and green. The OSMO Prowill detect the firmware and begin updating. The update is complete when the LED displays solid green.
2017-7-24
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

Between bad audio sync and corrupt video files, both my Osmo and Osmo Mobile are basically useless.  All we need now is for someone from DJI to come on and tell us how sorry they are that this is our experience and ask us to upload test files for their engineers to examine.  After that, we'll be surrounded by crickets.  I put more stock in the tooth fairy than DJI customer support.  
2017-7-24
Use props
crownam1
New
United States

I'm on an Osmo Pro (X5) and have the out of sync issues too. I'm on the latest firmware, can anybody help?
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

crownam1 Posted at 2017-10-25 13:38
I'm on an Osmo Pro (X5) and have the out of sync issues too. I'm on the latest firmware, can anybody help?

What mic do you use? Internal or external?
Please refer to the following tutorial video to flash the firmware.

If the problem persists, please send a short video for further analysis, thanks.
2017-10-28
Use props
crownam1
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-28 02:21
What mic do you use? Internal or external?
Please refer to the following tutorial video to flash the firmware.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvahCGAtZvU

I use both internal and external. I'll double check the firmware and post back. Thank you for the reply,
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

crownam1 Posted at 2017-10-28 08:07
I use both internal and external. I'll double check the firmware and post back. Thank you for the reply,

You are welcome, looking forward to your update.
2017-10-28
Use props
beatm01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132848 ft
Australia

Well, it seems everybody just got sick of empty promises & gave up on DJI fixing the Audio Drift on the Osmo+. This is the ONLY explanation I can think of which everyone is silent on the issue, including myself, because the issue is NOT FIXED and still occurs. It had not been too much of an issue for me as I used the Osmo mainly for the visuals and used the audio from the Sony Camera as my main audio track. Therefore, the Osmo  Visuals were completely in Sync with the Sony Video, except where the 2-second continuity gap occurs during clip changes (another of 2 more gripes I have with the Osmo+)
Anyway, whilst filming a recent funeral, I was forced to make the Osmo my primary audio source, and here my nightmares reemerged because of the obvious audio drift! (Yes, I have the latest Firmware & all my equipment causes no audio issues with any other source!)

Additionally, the Gymbal still continues to slowly drift, even in non-windy conditions, which is VERY obvious when speeding up the footage considerably  (for special FX)

So, DJI, when are you finally coming to the Party & fixing these issues? I have little confidence in buying you newer products when I fear that they, too, will be plagued with issues that were not highlighted at time-of-sale and might never be fixed!!!  :-((
2018-2-1
Use props
fans5b385322
lvl.2
Italy

beatm01 Posted at 2018-2-1 00:34
Well, it seems everybody just got sick of empty promises & gave up on DJI fixing the Audio Drift on the Osmo+. This is the ONLY explanation I can think of which everyone is silent on the issue, including myself, because the issue is NOT FIXED and still occurs. It had not been too much of an issue for me as I used the Osmo mainly for the visuals and used the audio from the Sony Camera as my main audio track. Therefore, the Osmo  Visuals were completely in Sync with the Sony Video, except where the 2-second continuity gap occurs during clip changes (another of 2 more gripes I have with the Osmo+)
Anyway, whilst filming a recent funeral, I was forced to make the Osmo my primary audio source, and here my nightmares reemerged because of the obvious audio drift! (Yes, I have the latest Firmware & all my equipment causes no audio issues with any other source!)

I am experiencing the same issue with the Osmo RAW, as described here:

Audio and video are not synchronized, the delay between audio and video cumulates over time, the gimbal randomly drifts even when the Osmo is mounted on a tripod, the RAW videos recorded on the SSD card and the proxy videos recorded on the SD card do not have the same length.

I'm not doing anything wrong, the problem is with the Osmo RAW.

Can DJI confirm if this problem affects all Osmos or if it affects only some of them?

---
Osmo SN: 06NDDG130B001Q
X5R SN: 06TDDC23020299
Microphone: OSMO DJI FM-15 Flexi Microphone
SD card: SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB, MicroSDXC Class 10, U3, V30, A1
Osmo firmware: 1.4.0.70
The Osmo was controlled via wired connection through an Android device
The Osmo gimbal was calibrated before the shot

2018-3-2
Use props
fans5b385322
lvl.2
Italy

fans5b385322 Posted at 2018-3-2 09:22
I am experiencing the same issue with the Osmo RAW, as described here: https://youtu.be/i8gNaYjUAys

Audio and video are not synchronized, the delay between audio and video cumulates over time, the gimbal randomly drifts even when the Osmo is mounted on a tripod, the RAW videos recorded on the SSD card and the proxy videos recorded on the SD card do not have the same length.

It is unbelievable... I have sent the video above to DJI illustrating the issue and this is the reply I received. This obviously tells that the support engineers didn't bother to check point by point the issue, and they just provided a standard reply. Seriously, why would anyone work with video cache after shooting with an X5R?

We just got a confirmation from our field application engineers. Here are the troubleshooting steps that should be made.

1. Ensure the synchronized delay between audio and video is from video cache or SD card video files.
2. If it is from video cache, try to use the unit to a different place with a good WiFi signal. (Usually WiFi signal instability may lead to increased delay)
3. If it is from SD card video, change another video player and let us know what is the microphone that is being used. Whether it's wired or wireless. (The wireless transmission delay causes audio and camera not in real time, the built-in mic or wired mic are the ones that are recommended)

*Re-upgrade the firmware by using the micro SD card method to see if there is any random drift.

2018-3-12
Use props
BWOOT2
lvl.1

*** Big thanks to fans5b385322 for that amazing video detailing the sync and drift issues with the Osmo. Judging by the response, it's clear DJI doesn't want to admit that they have a very flawed product. Blame the wifi, blame the SD card, blame the microphone, blame the user... what else can we blame? ***

I too have had the same audio and drift issues with my Osmo Pro.

Ever since owning the Osmo Pro, I only record audio externally (I use a Zoom H1), with the Osmo internal mic turned off. I used to have the internal mic turned on, but I read a post saying to try recording with it off to fix the sync issues. Two days ago, I was hired to record a local concert. I already know to keep the video clips short (below 10 mins) so after each song, I stopped the recording. I don't know if the info below is useful to anyone, but I noted the recording time, non-recording time, and out-of-sync times. It seems very random. I thought maybe the camera was hot and was causing the sync issues, but songs 3, 4 and 5 prove that theory wrong. Out of 6 songs, I can only deliver 3 of them to the client. I decided to turn down a potential video project next week because I don't trust the Osmo will work properly.

Song 1 is 3:25 long - sync is fine (I stopped recording for 19 seconds)
Song 2 is 3:13 long - sync is fine (I stopped recording for 30 seconds)
* Song 3 is 5:55 long - video starts to get behind audio at 2:29. By the time Song 3 ends, the video/audio sync is drastically off!!!  (I stoped recording for 13 seconds)
Song 4 is 4:19 long - sync is fine (I stopped recording for 1 minute 20 seconds)
* Song 5 is 2:47 long - video starts to get behind audio at 1:53. (I stopped recording for 43 seconds)
* Song 6 is 4:32 long - video starts to get behind audio at 3:56.
2018-3-26
Use props
Guardian95
New
United States

I’m having audio sync problems with Osmo Pocket 2. I can adjust in post but the whole point of getting this camera is to shoot videos that I can upload without spending tons of time in post. I did a couple of clips less than 60 seconds each. One with a lav mic and one with the pocket 2 internal mic. Both clips are out of sync from the very beginning. The audio is ahead of the video. So far I have not found a resolution.
2021-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules