Flying in Chile and Argentina?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elbee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79101 ft
United States

Hi -- i live in the US but have a trip to Argentina and Chile planned for early 2016.  

Can i fly my P3P in those countries as a non-resident, visiting tourist, amateur photographer?

from reading the "airline experience" thread it sounds like transport of the unit on a plane will not likely be a problem but seeking advise from those that know if i will run into objections trying to fly one in the Atacama or Patagonia.  Also will be visiting Argentina.

i did read an article that indicates drones must be registered in Chile

advice much appreciated.

thanks
Lee

2015-12-3
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

WOW, a license and permit just for hobby flying, pretty strict.  I would at least apply for a permit and talk to them before you go. There's already got to be some kind of ruling for tourists hobby flying.
2015-12-3
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

No exceptions for tourist, you must register it and also have the license.
You can get away with it if you're flying outside Santiago (capital) and not near airports, as there is no supervision whatsoever.
If you ask a Cop for permission they will let you freely do it and you shouldn't have any issue (just state that your drone weights less than 4kg) and don't do stupid things like flying into an event or close to people.
2016-1-19
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Authorities in Argentina require us to have the batteries separated and in carry on luggage.  You can use clothing to separate them but they prefer them to each be in an individual bag.  I will try to have  covers for the battery terminals before i go back but the bags have worked just fine in the past.  Brazil wants all receipts for all gear and i carry them to Argentina also.  I usually travel with two drones and one person at the BA airport questioned that and tried to insist that I was a commercial op.  I wasn't, stuck to it, and was allowed to enter no problems.  We have checked and so far there are no restrictions flying in Argentina, other than you can't fly over Iguazu Falls from the Argentinian side.  It's posted at the park.  It would also be the most difficult side to fly from due to tress and heavy moisture in the air.  
2016-1-19
Use props
SK99
lvl.1
Argentina

HI everyone! My name is Claudio  from Argentina and i'm  new in the drone´s  world.
I'm recently bought a DJI Mini (it is my first drone) and i'm used it a couple of times, but i have a question about it.
The drone is using the CE band, when in Argentina is legal to use the FCC band.  I read in some forums that where you're using the DJI Mini in South America, this one not change automatically the band type to FCC.

There is a way to change the band to FCC?

Thanks a lot
2020-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules