360 spherical panorama? Possible?
16497 31 2015-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

It would be nice if the Osmo shot more photos for making panoramas, to include sky above and some ground below. Possible in future?

I tried my first panorama today, and I'm disappointed that above and below the camera is not captured. Spherical panoramas are more fun for interactive panoramas on the web. I think the Osmo software could potentially create spherical panoramas by taking more photos in the process, with just a small area below the camera not captured - like with professional panorama cameras.

Good idea for future update, yes???

2015-12-4
Use props
laurent.crivell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52549 ft
Switzerland

And spherical panoramas are great for HDRI lighting in Computer Graphics.
2015-12-4
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

laurent.crivell Posted at 2015-12-4 22:00
And spherical panoramas are great for HDRI lighting in Computer Graphics.

Yes true, they are good for 3d lighting.

I like panoramas like this one...

http://chiiden.com/panorama/gigapixel/1106dowjow/

2015-12-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, the 360 spherical panorama is a good idea! We will consider your suggestion seriously.  Thanks!
2015-12-6
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.3

Venezuela

Totally good Idea!
2015-12-7
Use props
john_willetts.h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-7 01:53
Hi, the 360 spherical panorama is a good idea! We will consider your suggestion seriously.  Thanks!

Panoramas in Portrait (upright) mode would also be useful.
2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

john_willetts.h Posted at 2015-12-10 01:06
Panoramas in Portrait (upright) mode would also be useful.

You mean that the camera moves vertically when shooting the panorama? Can you give me some application scenarios about this function?
2015-12-9
Use props
john_willetts.h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-10 04:18
You mean that the camera moves vertically when shooting the panorama? Can you give me some applica ...

Hi Amy
Sorry to have taken so long getting back to you.

At present, if you take a panorama, the camera is horizontal and the image format is a narrow letterbox. If the camera was vertical, the image would be much less narrow and more useful. 360 degree shots aren't necessary.
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

john_willetts.h Posted at 2015-12-19 01:02
Hi Amy

So you mean if the camera can shoot vertical photo, then the stitched panorama won't be this letterbox and narrow, right? Now I understand, I will report your need to the corresponding engineers. Thanks for your suggestion.
2015-12-18
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

john_willetts.h Posted at 2015-12-19 04:02
Hi Amy

"360 degree shots aren't necessary"..?

Excuse me but 360 degree panoramas would be awesome. Once you have a stitched 360 spherical panorama, it's an easy process to make an interactive panorama for the web with software such as KrPano.

For example, click and drag around this pano... these are easy to make once you have the stitched photo....
http://krpano.com/krpano.html?xm ... scene=scene_skeller

2015-12-19
Use props
HarleyD
New

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-6 19:53

Hi, Amy.
Sorry that I am a little late in this conversation.  What would be wonderful is to be able to take a full panorama, including the nadir (straight down) and at least have the zenith (straight up) included at the edge of the top row.  It doesn't matter whether the camera is oriented vertically or horizontally, as long as it covers the full 360 x 180 degrees.  Overlap is perfectly OK.

Another really important feature would be to be able to exposure bracket as wide of EV range as possible, from way underexposed to way overexposed. A 5-shot, or better, a 7 shot bracket of 2 EV steps would be wonderful.  This way an HDRI spherical panorama could be produced, that would capture detail in the shadows as well as detail in the clouds near the sun.  No need to do any processing in the camera. I'd far rather stitch and process myself. The best output would be RAW, with all of the individual frames.  RAW would contain much better dynamic range than .jpg output.
2016-1-21
Use props
robbi
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-19 09:32
So you mean if the camera can shoot vertical photo, then the stitched panorama won't be this lette ...

Hi Amy...any response to this request?...Its a huge selling point for DJI if you can set this up for the OSMO. I love the camera.
2016-1-31
Use props
lasuncion
lvl.2

robbi@robbinewm Posted at 2016-2-1 11:50
Hi Amy...any response to this request?...Its a huge selling point for DJI if you can set this up f ...

full 360 panorama would be great especially if you are creating a virtual tour for your website/company. thanks! hope they implement this ASAP
2016-2-4
Use props
jair.upn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1039590 ft
Mexico

Any update on this request? i'm thinking of buying a Ricoh Theta S for making 360 Spherical Panorama, some clients have asking for photos currently, so with the osmo i think it's quite possible to do it, And it would be a great selling point
2016-2-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jair.upn@gmail. Posted at 2016-2-11 00:43
Any update on this request? i'm thinking of buying a Ricoh Theta S for making 360 Spherical Panorama ...

It's not available currently, thanks for your suggestion.
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

HarleyD Posted at 2016-1-22 05:06
Hi, Amy.
Sorry that I am a little late in this conversation.  What would be wonderful is to be abl ...

Sorry for the late reply, I just come back from a long vacation. I will definitely forward your valuable suggestions to the R&D department.
2016-2-14
Use props
Don Farese
lvl.1

United States

Any word on this yet? 360 spherical panoramic shouldn't be hard to code since you already have the 360 panoramic working.  Even if we can't get the stitching done, if it took the photos we could use it with stitching software. Also is their a way to override the angle for 360 panoramic so we can just angle the camera ourselves and let it do the 360 panoramic, then we would get the desired photos we need for 360 spherical panoramic.
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Don Farese Posted at 2016-4-6 03:37
Any word on this yet? 360 spherical panoramic shouldn't be hard to code since you already have the 3 ...

Hello!
Thanks for asking about the new possible feature.
It hasn't been fixed when it would be implemented, however, our engineers will review and look into this issue continually.
2016-4-5
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-6 07:16
Hello!
Thanks for asking about the new possible feature.
It hasn't been fixed when it would be imp ...

There is this: http://osmopano.com/
2016-4-6
Use props
billgigs
New

United Kingdom

A FULL 360 continuous Panorama of a location would be fantastic and then a place to upload and share on other platforms would be a very nice feature.
2016-4-6
Use props
Kim vZ
lvl.1

Netherlands

Osmopano.com
2016-4-7
Use props
Don Farese
lvl.1

United States

Damn osmopano is only for IOS, we use all android devices.  Thanks for the info guys seems exactly what i was looking for, but do you guys know of an app for android?
2016-4-7
Use props
C.Birch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56365 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah it's a real shame that app's only iOS and not android, hopefully they will bring out an android version at some point.
2016-4-8
Use props
elephonesmartph
New

China

Hi,men,what you guys are troubled is what i really annoyed at.I am a dji addict and i am always disgusted DSL and most versions of gopro which is too heavy,i have been looking for a really lightweight DJL camera,my friend introduced a sports camera,what the sports video camera athttp://www.elephone.cc/2016-new-elecam-360-video-camera-wifi-h-264-360-degrees-panorama-camera-1920-1080-large-panoramic-360-lens-action-video-camera.html is unlike any other camera is that the action camera is those coming with dual-camera featuring 360 VR mode and panorama shooting mode,I think it could do a good job in aerial photography shooting and landscape shooting,what is you guys opinion?I just uploaded the pictures for you guys checking out

360 degree panorama camera with dual lens.jpg
360-degree panorama camera with dual lens.jpg
panorama camera with dual lens.jpg
panorama sports camera.jpg
2016-6-24
Use props
andre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

C.Birch Posted at 2016-4-8 21:37
Yeah it's a real shame that app's only iOS and not android, hopefully they will bring out an android ...

I wish DJI would implement it in their app too, but in the meantime an Android spherical pano shooting app has been developed by one of the users on the site here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-55110-1-1.html .

It only does the camera control functions to automate shooting the images though, you'll need to stitch them together separately (probably best done on a PC).

Andre
2016-6-28
Use props
soerenlandersen
lvl.2

Denmark

Is this what you mean? :-)
Download dronepan....take the fotos and load them into a panorama app.....after that - either a tinyplanet app - or the "hard way" in Photoshop etc. :-)
image.jpeg
2016-6-28
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460522 ft

I found an app called dronepan. It was created for the inspire 1 and now can be used with the OSMO. It works great and it's FREE.
2016-7-7
Use props
volfeer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408583 ft
Poland

Is Dronepan only for iOS?
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

volfeer Posted at 2016-7-7 12:24
Is Dronepan only for iOS?

Currently, yes. But they said they're working on Android.
2016-7-15
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

soerenlandersen Posted at 2016-6-28 04:35
Is this what you mean? :-)
Download dronepan....take the fotos and load them into a panorama app.... ...

It doesn't seem to cover the top of the Inspire?
2016-7-15
Use props
360Nash
New

United States

Is this functionality is in the works perhaps?
2017-2-2
Use props
DragonStu
New

United Kingdom

Could we have an update on this please?  The SDK is obviously capable, as is the camera.  Does DJI have a full spherical 360 panorama mode in progress?  Thanks
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules