Anyone running the latest updates with NO issues?
1160 14 2015-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justin.owen
lvl.2

After the upgrade to 1.3.2 nerf'd my P3A requiring a RMA - I'm reluctant to carry out any updates... Unfortunately it won't fly in a straight line though so I'm thinking of taking the plunge while it's still under warranty...

There's the usual issues being reported, but is anyone flying all the latest firmwares/updates with no issues whatsoever?

Thanks,

2015-12-4
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Running a P3P with all the most recent updates. Using a Samsung Tab 4 7" tablet. GO app crashes now and then. *Most* of the time it comes back on its own. Every once in a while I have to either restart the app or reboot the tablet. Fortunately, during those snafus, I'm able to maintain control of the Phantom, so it's mostly just an inconvenience.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-12-4
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

My P3 Pro is all updated and works great. Only thing I've noticed is when I update the flight record to the cloud on my iPad Air is it's getting stuck at 3%. On my Android it does it fine.
2015-12-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

No update problems whatsoever.  My only current issue is a small camera aiming issue that has been there since the very first flight.  I've partially corrected it, and will keep tweaking until I get it there.  It's a mechanical alignment of the gimbal arm on the shaft.  I see many other videos from people with the very same problem.  It shows up as a single rotor arm (instead of equal amount of both) appearing in the camera view when intentionally letting it appear with high vertical pan and forward movement (or enabling the +30 deg elevation).
2015-12-4
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

P3P all versions are the latest.  Flew today after balancing a set of blades and all worked well.  No problems.
2015-12-4
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi, Justin
Please update all the firmwares to the latest . And try IMU calibration and compass calibration if the problem continues .
2015-12-6
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

Up graded both my P3P's and have had no problem.
Did my IMU on a cold machine, with a perfect level surface, did the compass dance, and realigned the gimbal on both. All is well.
I only wish the camera would be up-graded to include f-stop adjustments in addition to the speed and ISO. That would allow us to have the camera without ND filters to compensate for bright sunlight when videoing, and thereby give us sharper pictures and videos.
Just a thought.
2015-12-6
Use props
justin.owen
lvl.2

Cheers for the replies chaps - might attempt an update this evening and see how things go!!
2015-12-7
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

arives@capecod. Posted at 2015-12-7 10:22
Did my IMU on a cold machine, with a perfect level ...

Aren't f-stops lens related?  From my understanding, the lens on our P3's is static aperture so there is no physical way that DJI can simply introduce f-stops via firmware.
2015-12-7
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

arives@capecod. Posted at 2015-12-7 10:22
Did my IMU on a cold machine, with a perfect level ...

Aren't f-stops lens related?  From my understanding, the lens on our P3's is static aperture so there is no physical way that DJI can simply introduce f-stops via firmware.
2015-12-7
Use props
JonE5
lvl.2

United States

Got my P3S, last thursday on 12/3.

Done 9 flights (1hr 20 mins flight time) with no issues at all.

Updates took about 30-40 mins total (remote+copter).

Fly's amazing.  So much smoother and easier to fly than my Syma X5C, or X11.  I am glad i put 30-40 hours flight time in on those before ever touching my Phantom.  I think the crashes i got out of the way on those (that bounce back easily) will help me to not crash the Phantom.

Not sure why so many people have issues.  I was prepared if i did have an issue to load the firmware onto the SD card manually, and attempt to update that way, but they all updated over wifi and my phone no problems.

I also read the manual, and watched about 25 hours of videos on tips, on flying and setup before ordering/ getting started.
2015-12-7
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

one once I can say my bird is all updated and is not having any issues....>WOW  its nice to say that for once.
2015-12-7
Use props
arives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

snowride419 Posted at 2015-12-7 22:32
Aren't f-stops lens related?  From my understanding, the lens on our P3's is static aperture so th ...

I understand that lens aperture i.e. f-stops can't be added to the existing camera. But an up-grade or a new model with f-stops would be a real game changer for all of us who love the photography part of the flying experience. Any way you can cut the number of glass or plastic lenses before the sensor will vastly improve the quality of your pictures. So having f-stops, the ND filters go away, and sharpness and clarity in all lighting environments will improve. So will depth of filed, but that isn't so important when you are up 300 feet.
2015-12-8
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI have an aerial camera with full aperture - the X5.
But a full aperture camera for a Phantom size drone is still a long way off.
2015-12-8
Use props
arives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2015-12-9 11:14
DJI have an aerial camera with full aperture - the X5.
But a full aperture camera for a Phantom size ...

I am sure you are right that it may be a long time before they give us a fully functioning camera for our birds. It is no weight problem to add the aperture fan and a teensy motor to control it. The rest is software. Sony makes small cameras with full function. I'd pay extra to add such a camera to my birds in a minute given a chance.
Let's start a chant --- aperture, Aperture, Aperture.... 1 2 3....
Happy Holidays everyone!
2015-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules