899 6 2015-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Artiks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 979964 ft
Portugal

Hi guys,

Today we will have a work to do but i am a little concerned about the surrounding areas...
This area in particular is a firefighter department and has an antenna which i suppose to be a radio antenna for communications...

The place i need to record is at least 20/25m far from the antenna. What do you guys think it is the safest way to record? The minimum distance, etc...

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Sem Título.jpg
2015-12-4
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

yep, it could be a factor for your vid feed as I experienced the same before with a much bulkier and closer cell tower.
My experience wasn't that bad because I was flying away from it but I can confirm that it does affect radio signals.
2015-12-5
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Completely depends upon what frequencies are being used by the transmitter.
Most emergency service comms services are well away from the 2.4 and 5.8 ghz used by the inspire as that is publicly available spectrum.

In my area they use a range from 161 to 163 MHz. Nowhere near the range used by our birds.
You could safely hover directly over their antenna without issue.

Suggest you google for the frequencies used in your area.
I doubt you will have a problem as the will be using something in the VHF band.

2015-12-5
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Portugal

Hey guys!
Great news, all went very fine and smooth.
On the first day i noticed once or twice the app warning poor signal at the rooftop that i was but once i moved 1 meter away it would get fine.

Here are two of the shots =)
(in low resolution)
CEP.jpg
cep2.jpg
2015-12-6
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Artiks
25 meters from the tower must be ok,  just remember to set the RTH altitude high enough... just in case..
2015-12-6
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

BTW nice photos and very pleasant soft colors
2015-12-6
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-7 10:05
BTW nice photos and very pleasant soft colors

Thank you Tim! It's very nice to hear that.

I never have problems to set the RTH altitude by analyzing near objects, but concerning far buildings and objects I try to give more altitude just in case because I don't have a precise way to calculate it without going to the location.

An of topic question but important for me, i will ask you since you came up here:
Is there any way to cancel the camera movement when I move the stick to rotate the drone? I want to have that smooth compensating speed when i stop the movement but i don't want to turn the drone and the camera turns instantly. Any ideas?

Big thanks.

2015-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules