Phantom 3 Standard Question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alonzo.west
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40938 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just bought a phantom 3 standard a few days ago. I am still in the period where I could take it back to best buy. Today I was reading more info about the phantom 3 and found a very scary issue about these drones. I saw a few pictures on this fourm about "stress cracks".

So my question is this, is this that common of a problem with the phantom 3 standard. I googled and it seems the phantom 3 standard was released in auguest, was this issue addressed? Is there a way to tell if your phantom has the reinforced shell?

p.s
Im hoping you guys give me insuring info, im loving this thing way to much to have to take it back
2015-12-4
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you bought the Standard for the Black Friday special of $500 or so you got an insane deal and I don't think there's any other multirotor out there that can touch the technology in the Phantom for that price.
Jst fly it and have fun with it. If it develops cracks (out of the tens of thousands sold and only a few complaints) I think DJI will repair it for you.
I don't know how to tell if it's a reinforced shell or not.
I got my P3P in April and have 275 flights and no cracking whatsoever.
2015-12-4
Use props
ibx
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

jasper7821@yaho Posted at 2015-12-4 11:00
If you bought the Standard for the Black Friday special of $500 or so you got an insane deal and I d ...

thanks for your quick response, do you use the dji prop gaurds? im worrying about puting those on as well since i need to mess with the screws.
2015-12-4
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ibx Posted at 2015-12-4 09:06
thanks for your quick response, do you use the dji prop gaurds? im worrying about puting those on  ...

No, I don't use the prop guards. If you get some just try to get the DJI prop guards. There's some aftermarket ones out there and the screws are too long and willgo up into the motors and cause damage.
2015-12-4
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

I dont think the stress cracks are a standard problem - they are affecting all models - have a search on here are as there are some suggestions on how these occur which I cannot comment on - that said done plenty of flying with my standard and have had no crashes and have no cracks
2015-12-4
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

also I dont use prop guards - not sure on the benefit for the standard as I am not flying inside and I make sure that when I fly it I don't do anything that might lead it to crash into something - if you plan on flying close to things then you may want to use them but stress cracks may be the least of your worries
2015-12-4
Use props
ibx
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

thanks guys, went for another flight today, so far so good ;]
2015-12-4
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi ,Alonzo
You can't recognize the reinforced shell outside the aircraft . It should be thicker than the former version .
2015-12-6
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

alonzo.west, here's an easy way to tell if you have the old or new shell design:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -shell-or-new.56276
2015-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules