Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smoother flying tip for those who may not know...
1396 4 2014-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ljhellmich
lvl.4

United States

You can lengthen the "sticks" on your transmitter/controller to allow for more precise movement of the sticks and control input.    This applies to my P2V+ V3.0 controller, so I would assume applicable to other Phantom transmitters.  My other RC tranmitters also have this feature.
The "knobs" at the end of the Phantom sticks are of 2 piece design, and threaded.  The upper portion on the Phantom sticks can be loosened CCW to lengthen the stick, then bring up the lower portion to lock it in place.  Just don't run out of threads backing it off to lengthen, keep some thread engagement on the upper piece.

A longer stick is less sensitve to movement, and will allow for smoother pans (yaw turns) and other control inputs.

Jamie

2014-12-26
Use props
oilswoodhome
lvl.2

United States

I had seen that on other transmitters, but did not realize I could do that with the Phantom transmitter.
Thank you!
2014-12-26
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

oilswoodhome Posted at 2014-12-27 03:03
I had seen that on other transmitters, but did not realize I could do that with the Phantom transmit ...

Great to know,  I've made the adjustment.  Thank you.
2014-12-26
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Great tip!! I used it on my Futaba for the S900 but then when switching onto the Phantom. For those who only use one radio or are better at switching I recomend it.

Some recomend adjusting gain settings. Depending on how and where you fly this might be good. I fly in woods and in action sport often and there a situation that might be unexpected require you to pull up fast. So I like to have it respond quick.

For filming in general some good advice is to line up your angle and fly steady without the need for corections. This way you get smooth video. There will always be places and situation where you need to turn, climb ++ but in general shooting video follow the same principal that on the "ground".

All is general advice. Find your style and create magic
Also the more you fly the more sensitive you handle the sticks. Here I could choose to compare with more usually indoor activity that require 2 people... But want do that

Show off your videos at Skypixel and share your link {:3_46:}
2014-12-26
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

Another missing gem from the manual!!! thanks for that, I never knew.  I have used a dab of blue threadlocker on the newly extended sticks.  Great stuff- the forum does it again!
2014-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules