No "Enter Camera View" in DJI Go App
16469 20 2015-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smcleod
New

United States

Remote will not connect to DJI app.  I never see the "enter camera view" button in the app.  Soooo I tried updating the firmware:  USB card reader, USB stick, USB to the drone.  Firmware 1.3, 1.4, 1.5.  Nothing gives me any blue/green/red flashing light on the drone.  It just sits there.  Yes, the file is in the root folder.  Yes, I've tried "copying and pasting".  Drone is all the way upgraded to 1.5.
Side note:  I used to get a popup on my iphone when I connected the remote that said "Do you trust this computer".  I would click yes and it would connect.  I don't get that pop up anymore.
I'm not sure what I have done.  Everything was working fine.  I guess through some update process I have screwed up the remote.  Either way I'm looking for an "in-house" fix because I don't want to be grounded over the holidays.  And I know it will take DJI a couple of months to lay hands on it.  Also if anyone knows of a hobby shop that fixes these software issues, please advise.

2015-12-4
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

This has been a real problem for me ever since iOS 9.  This method works most of the time: turn on iPhone or tablet, then remote. Launch the  dji  GO app.  Power up the bird. If I don't do it exactly like that, it will never connect. Sometimes I can fly 2 or 3 batteries worth before it disconnects. Sometimes 30 seconds. Very frustrating. This was never a concern until iOS 9. Everthing has the latest update.  
2015-12-4
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you have everything powered up and go to the general settings tab and scroll down to about, what do you see for the versions ?Also when you have the app going and you see the "How to Connect" message, if you scroll to the right or left to another model than back to yours, you should then see "Camera' and get into the main page of the app.
2015-12-4
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,
Please confirm all the firmwares are the latest . And get the remote controller connected to the aircraft again . Try press the C1 , C2 and the video shooting button and shut the RC at the same time . Then , keep the three buttons pressed and turn RC on again .
2015-12-6
Use props
Warrior
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-6 19:06
Hi ,
Please confirm all the firmwares are the latest . And get the remote controller connected to th ...

I am having the exact same problem - no "Enter Camera View"  Like the original poster I have not flown in several months - last time back in Sept.  Before that I  had competed over 40 flights.  Now the the RC will not connect to my iPad Air 2.  Also tried with my iPhone 5s and still no connection - no camera view button.  The RC will control the bird but no data (telemetry or camera feed) on DJI Go app.  I have updated the aircraft to Firmware V1.6.0040.  When trying to update RC with microChip via USB nothing happens leading me to believe the USB port on RC is not functioning.  I have the latest version of the DJI Go app (2.4.3)   Recommendations?  Does the Firmware V1.6.0040 contain an update for the RC?
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Warrior Posted at 2015-12-27 14:38
I am having the exact same problem - no "Enter Camera View"  Like the original poster I have not f ...

If your RC firmware version is 1.3.2 or later , you'll have to upgrade it via DJI Go App . Please try reset the RC to enter the camera view .
2015-12-28
Use props
mike
New

United States

I also have the same problem. I cannot get the "enter camera view" to show up on my ipad air newest version. The RC will start the copter and shut it does, but I cannot get the camera view to work. I tried the suggested solution by DJI-Patrick, that did not work.
Really need some help here as the posts do not provide a solution.
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

mike@floodclaim Posted at 2015-12-28 22:15
I also have the same problem. I cannot get the "enter camera view" to show up on my ipad air newest  ...

Hi , Mike
Please confirm your firmware versions are up to date .
App : 2.4.3
RC : 1.5.7
Aircraft : 1.6.4
If you confirm this and it still won't work , please try another cable .
2015-12-28
Use props
Jasper99
New
Flight distance : 157785 ft
United States

After performing firmware update I could not enter the camera view.  There was no camera view.  The Go app did not allow that button.  It only showed "How to connect."  I tried numerous suggestions on this forum and others.  Nothing worked.  Given that there appeared to be no connection between my devices (Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy 3, iPhone 6) and that I tried about six different cables, it had to be in the USB port on the controller.  I attempted to connect using the micro USB port in the controller. Nothing.  I pulled off the box housing the USB circuit board, unplugged the three ribbon cables (two small on left and right, one large center bottom), reinserted and it works on the tablet and iPhone now.  I don't understand what happened, but I'm sure glad it works.  Is is as though the USB circuit board locked up.

If any of you try this and it works, please post.  I'd like to know.

Jasper
2016-1-16
Use props
roarjo
New
Flight distance : 242881 ft
Norway

Jasper99 Posted at 2016-1-16 16:08
After performing firmware update I could not enter the camera view.  There was no camera view.  The  ...

Hi Jasper.

I have the exact same problem.
I tried your solution, and unfortunately it does not work for me

I have tested 3 different iPads,  one Galaxy S6 Edge and many different cables.
My P3 Pro is updated with the latest firmware.

Best Regards

Roar
2016-1-17
Use props
nobre1974
New

roarjo Posted at 2016-1-17 19:24
Hi Jasper.

I have the exact same problem.

Hi Jasper, hi roarjo

I have the same problem too!

it's so frustrating...

thanks
2016-1-21
Use props
dmcman73
lvl.1

United States

I have a Nexus 7 and have the same issue. What I find works is while in the app, I unplug the usb wire from the back of the controller, wait a second, then plug it back in and it will go right into "Enter camera mode" every time. Seems to me that the USB port is getting hung up and by unplugging it and the plugging it back it, it releases it. This is the same issue I've encountered with PC's as well (I work in IT).
2016-1-21
Use props
kulas.ivan1982
New

Croatia

had same problem - no enter camera view but when I followed these steps it finally worked

1. turn on RC
2. connect to tablet while tablet is powered off (not in sleep mode)
3.power on tablet

only then did DJI GO app recognize RC and i so holy grail - enter camera
RC must have firmware v 1.320 which you can install over USB port
2016-4-18
Use props
dkivioja
New
Flight distance : 101637 ft

United States

kulas.ivan1982 Posted at 2016-4-18 23:51
had same problem - no enter camera view but when I followed these steps it finally worked

1. turn on RC

I had a similar issue with a M100.  I could tell the remote was connected to the aircraft, however in the DJI Go app, I never received the elusive "Camera" mode button.  My Samsung Active S7 was connected to the controller via a USB-Micro USB cable, since it was receiving a charge from the controller.  I was perplexed and search forums to find a solution.  I finally stumbled upon changing the USB cable between my phone and controller, and it worked!

I now remember USB cables come in 2 varieties.  One is a power only cable useful to charge a device only.  The other cable has power and also data.  Obviously we need both for these beasts.  I hope this helps.
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

dkivioja@hotmai Posted at 2017-3-11 20:16
I had a similar issue with a M100.  I could tell the remote was connected to the aircraft, however in the DJI Go app, I never received the elusive "Camera" mode button.  My Samsung Active S7 was connected to the controller via a USB-Micro USB cable, since it was receiving a charge from the controller.  I was perplexed and search forums to find a solution.  I finally stumbled upon changing the USB cable between my phone and controller, and it worked!

I now remember USB cables come in 2 varieties.  One is a power only cable useful to charge a device only.  The other cable has power and also data.  Obviously we need both for these beasts.  I hope this helps.

Good to hear you were able to get it sorted,
2017-3-12
Use props
fans5578ee9a
New

United States

Ok how do you connect to tablet when it's powered off?
2018-7-28
Use props
fans5578ee9a
New

United States

What USB wire from the the back of the rc ? I got no such thing
2018-7-28
Use props
High View
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122113 ft
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-6 19:06
Hi ,
Please confirm all the firmwares are the latest . And get the remote controller connected to the aircraft again . Try press the C1 , C2 and the video shooting button and shut the RC at the same time . Then , keep the three buttons pressed and turn RC on again .

I cannot get past "How to connect".  What you suggest does not work for me.  Has this issue been resolved? If so, what should I do?
2018-12-9
Use props
High View
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122113 ft
United States

Did you ever solve this problem? If so, how? Thanks
2018-12-9
Use props
palomino99
New
Mexico

I updated dji go app today and lost the camera view on my Samsun galaxy 7, but could still see on my dji goggles. there is nothing wrong with the firm ware it's the dji go app the is no longer completely compatible with my Samsung tablet, GUI I has to fix this it is not right that every time they have an update on dji go we have to buy a new tablet.
2019-1-29
Use props
palomino99
New
Mexico

palomino99 Posted at 1-29 21:32
I updated dji go app today and lost the camera view on my Samsun galaxy 7, but could still see on my dji goggles. there is nothing wrong with the firm ware it's the dji go app the is no longer completely compatible with my Samsung tablet, GUI I has to fix this it is not right that every time they have an update on dji go we have to buy a new tablet.

I just sen an email to dji asking to fix this
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules