Trouble Updating RC Controller on P3P to Version 1.5.0030
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyboyNC
lvl.2

United States

Well, my new P3 Pro arrive today. I have charged up both batteries and was starting the firmware updates. The aircraft had no problem updating. It was sucessful. The RC controller will not update. I have tried putting the micro sd card in the USB on the back of the controller as well as inserting the micro sd card into the aircraft and running cables between the RC and the aircaft. I have watched the firmware updating instruction video from DJI and followed it to a tee. Nothing. The RC Controller light will not turn blue and update. It remains red.

Please help if anyone has had the same issue. Thank you.
2015-12-4
Use props
FlyboyNC
lvl.2

United States

Never mind guys. I updated the controller using my iPad through the DJI Go app. All is done and well.
2015-12-4
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You'll have tons of fun with the P3 Pro, an amazing amount of technology built into it. Have fun and learn all that you can about it.
After starting the app there's a ACADEMY icon in the upper right corner. In there is the full manual and lots of tutorial videos.
2015-12-4
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi ,
If the  RC firmware version is 1.3.2 or later , your need to upgrade the firmware by the DJI Go App . Thanks !
2015-12-6
Use props
LarShreve
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-6 21:09
Hi ,
If the  RC firmware version is 1.3.2 or later , your need to upgrade the firmware by the DJI Go ...

Patrick,  just updated my Phantom3 Pro to the latest version with no problem.  Notice from this forum that the controller is now updated thru the DJI Go app.  Dumb question, but can you tell me how to do this?  Have always updated controller using the USB card reader.  On the controller under the General Settings, About, it does verify that my Phantom is now updated to the latest 1.5 version but the controller is still one version prior to that.  
2015-12-15
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

LarShreve Posted at 2015-12-16 09:42
Patrick,  just updated my Phantom3 Pro to the latest version with no problem.  Notice from this fo ...

Please click the icon on the middle top of the screen . And you'll find "Overall status" in "Aircraft State" . Enter "Overall status" to download the RC firmware .
2015-12-15
Use props
LarShreve
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-15 22:20
Please click the icon on the middle top of the screen . And you'll find "Overall status" in "Aircr ...

Thanks for your assistance, Patrick.  I just updated the controller this morning and all is well.  I did notice that in the "About" screen that it indicates the P3P firmware version is 1.5.3 and the controller is 1.5.7.  Assume this is where it should be.  Preparing to calibrate gimbal, IMU and batteries.  Thanks again for your help!
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, you are on the latest updates. When you do the IMU calibration, make sure the Phantom is on a perfectly level surface. And if can do a "COLD" IMU calibration if will give you a shorter startup period.
And don't forget the compass calibration.
Any questions, just ask.
2015-12-16
Use props
LarShreve
lvl.1

United States

Will do.  Appreciate your help!
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

LarShreve Posted at 2015-12-17 01:27
Thanks for your assistance, Patrick.  I just updated the controller this morning and all is well.  ...

Glad that helped ! Enjoy your flight !
2015-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules