Steady Red Light and Compass Err Message
2050 6 2014-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martin
New

Austria

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

i am a complete rookie and hope you can help me!

I had my first flights with my phantom 2 - and it works amazing.

On my last flight i crashed from about 5 feet. No damages from the outside as far as i can see. But now when i turn the phantom 2 on i get a steady read light (after the power on self test). See image attached. I connected to the pc and there i get the compass err message (see screenshot!).

The copte still turns on the usual way - and would lift off but i am too afraid to fly.

Please help me - i would really use my days off now to fly a little - it was so much fun!

I am really counting on your help.

Greets

Martin (from Austria)

Foto Phantom 2 - Dauer-Rot-Licht.jpg
Screenshot Phantom.jpg
2014-12-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Connect the Phantom to the computer and do an IMU calibration.  Also check your compass connection on the leg and make sure the wires are intact and plugged in securely.
2014-12-26
Use props
martin
New

Austria

i did both:
the imu calibration was done - no change
i controlled all the cables - nothing seems to be loose - still the same problem

what i realized is that in the imu calibration the gyroscope and acceleration numbers are changing as i move the copter but the compass(raw) data all stays at zero. - see attached image

Hope you guys can help me! I want to fly so badly.
compasserr.jpg
2014-12-27
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

check the connection in the phantom itself bud, might be a loose connection in there
2014-12-27
Use props
martin
New

Austria

whyley: I did that
i controlled all the cables - nothing seems to be loose - still the same problem
2014-12-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

martin@formafot Posted at 2014-12-28 03:02
i did both:
the imu calibration was done - no change
i controlled all the cables - nothing seems to ...

If all your connections are correct and firm, then you may need to contact your dealer for repair/replacement.  The compass values should be between 1400-1500 in my experience.
2014-12-28
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Probably the compass is magnetized and you need to degauss it.  Get a small magnet, keep it about 1-2 inch away from the compass and move it both vertically and horizontally around the compass.   Then do the compass calibration again.  Check the compass mod value by connecting to the software. Check the mod figure and see if it gets any better.  
2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules