App Not Installed (Android)
9274 5 2015-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jd.jdfinley
lvl.1

United States

Sure appreciate any help...

I have a Verizon Ellipsis Android tablet. I've been running the DJI Go app for about six months. I initially had a couple small issues but got thru them with the suggestions found here. There were a bunch of Android updates this past week, I applied them. I am now on Android 5.1.1.

I went to fly my P3 today and the DJI Go app is gone/missing from my tablet (not even installed).  I went to the Play Store and it reports "Your device isn't compatible with this version."  I downloaded from the DJI site and ran the install.  It reports "App not installed".  

I'm at a fantastic spot and I want to capture some video - this is terribly annoying.  Someone please help!!!   If this is an issue with the latest version of the GO app, I would even be happy to find a copy of the last version, it was working just fine for me.

2015-12-7
Use props
jd.jdfinley
lvl.1

United States

Since I am not getting any assistance from DJI, I spent a bunch of time researching this.  I am finding very little.  At best, I am left to believe that DJI made changes to their app making a relatively new tablet that was working just fine, useless.  Thanks a bunch.

As you can imagine, I'm really excited to run out and buy a new tablet only to cross my fingers that the GO app will run on it and that DJI won't make some change that renders it useless.

No, Apple is not an option for me - please don't bother to suggest it.
2015-12-8
Use props
glade.warner
New

United States

jd.jdfinley Posted at 2015-12-8 07:51
Since I am not getting any assistance from DJI, I spent a bunch of time researching this.  I am find ...

I had the same problem with a brand-new RCA Voyager tablet running Android 5.1 and found a work-around to get it installed.

I followed instructions found on PhantomPilots.com here.  
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/nexus-7.32777/

I found the app under Phantom 3 instead of Phantom 2 Vision, and I found the Go App instead of the Vision app,  but the sequence I used is essentially the same.

Here is essentially what I did:
1.        Go into your device SETTINGS and scroll down to the DEVICE ADMINISTRATION section.
2.        Place a check mark in the Unknown sources option
3.        Using your device, open a browser (Chrome) and navigate to DJI’s support site.
4.        Look for ‘Downloads’ under the Phantom 3, and click it to download it to your tablet.
5.        Go into your device SETTINGS and scroll down to the DEVICE section.
6.        Click the ‘Storage’ option, then click the ‘Downloads’ option.
7.        Click on the .apk file you just downloaded.
9.        The App will install on your device.
10.   I then found the app in the settings, and touched and held it to get it to stay on my home screen.

The app seems to work fine, but so far I've only had it installed a few minutes and made only one flight.

2015-12-11
Use props
jd.jdfinley
lvl.1

United States

glade.warner Posted at 2015-12-12 09:58
I had the same problem with a brand-new RCA Voyager tablet running Android 5.1 and found a work-ar ...

Thanks Glade, I appreciate the try.  I tried this and every suggestion I could find and nothing worked.  So, I went out and purchased a new Samsung Tab S per DJI's "recommended" list and it doesn't work either.  I am pissed.

I am also unable to find a link to a direct download of the app on the DJI site now.  Guess they "fixed" that problem.

Did I mention how pissed I am?  It is about time to start steering everyone away from DJI.
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jd.jdfinley Posted at 2016-1-5 08:04
Thanks Glade, I appreciate the try.  I tried this and every suggestion I could find and nothing wo ...

Galaxy TabS  is not on the recommended DJI list.
You can download the Go app from the Play Store, for Android there's a new 2.5 version.
2016-1-5
Use props
jd.jdfinley
lvl.1

United States

The DJI list is as follows which is a very screwed up list:
Android Version v2.4.3. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

The first item in the list "Samsung tabs 705c" can only be interpreted to be a "Samsung Galaxy Tab S".  Research shows that the 705c part makes very little sense but might have been attached to the early Tab S models.  If you have different information (maybe even some facts), please share.
2016-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules