Wifi Only iPad option
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rskardon
lvl.2

United States

Hi all,

What functionality would be lost using a Wifi only ipad? I was running my iPhone 6S in airplane mode the other day using my P3P and didnt notice any obvious issues, I assume the drone itself has GPS built in and uses that rather than the apple device right?

Thanks,

R
2015-12-7
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Follow me and Dynamic home point wont work.
2015-12-7
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-12-7 17:35
Follow me and Dynamic home point wont work.

That's my understanding as well. Your external device must have GPS to use either of those functions.

The "Follow Me" capability has to have a GPS-based device (external from the Phantom) to know where you are and follow you.

Dynamic Home Point is kind of intuitive - to establish a "pathway" between your new Home Point and the Phantom, there must be two GPS devices - one in your Phantom and one in your external device.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-12-7
Use props
rskardon
lvl.2

United States

Makes sense, is the dynamic home point always enabled assuming you have a gps enabled device on the controller?
2015-12-7
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

rskardon Posted at 2015-12-8 10:07
Makes sense, is the dynamic home point always enabled assuming you have a gps enabled device on the  ...

It used be. But I think they have changed it in the later GO updates.
I think you can only change home points on request and its no longer dynamic.
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Without a GPS enabled device you can change the home point to the Phantom's position at anytime by tapping the home point icon.  if you only have a WiFi only enabled iPad then follow me isn't available. But you can use your cell phone if it's on the DJi approved devices and then you should get follow me.
2015-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules