Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Component quality
1499 3 2014-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paras
lvl.2

Spain

I was wondering if someone from DJI could comment / clarify on the quality of components in the Inspire.

I am interested mostly on the gps and compass modules and their capacity to withstandelectromagnetic  interference. Phantom models have been crtizised for this - resulting in flyaways and other issues.

Would like to confirm this and any other details that would make the inspire more reliable before making my purchase.

Thanks
2014-12-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Inspire controller is a variant of the A2 controller.  However, it is an entirely different design.  The compass is mounted to the front of the craft and is not part of the GPS puck which is mounted at the top of the canopy.  I have found that the Inspire acquires satellite lock faster than either the A2 and the Phantoms.  When I first test flew one in LA I was getting 14-16 satellites while the Phantoms were getting no more than 8.  Any GPS unit will be effected by solar interference.  That is a given.  We do recommend that you check solar activity before you fly.  If you have any more questions, please let us know.
2014-12-26
Use props
Paras
lvl.2

Spain

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-12-27 08:40
The Inspire controller is a variant of the A2 controller.  However, it is an entirely different desi ...

Thanks Ed, what about the compass quality to avoid interference?

PV2+ v3 shielded it better than in the past but has proven not to be enough
2014-12-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Paras Posted at 2014-12-27 09:09
Thanks Ed, what about the compass quality to avoid interference?

PV2+ v3 shielded it better than  ...

It is sitting behind the front of the canopy.  My guess is that nothing can get to within 1-2cm of it.  Could you put a strong electromagnetic device next to it and cause issues, sure, but you can do that to any compass.  Personally I have never had any issues with any of my compasses, from those on the original P1 to my A2 or the Inspire.  But I don't get magnetized objects near them or take off from manhole covers or the tops of cars and the backs of pickups.  A little common sense goes a long way when flying multi rotor copters.
2014-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules