Convince me to go with Ronin M over Movi M5
2090 2 2015-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Doebler
New

United States

I teach a high school film studies course...It's a two year course open to Juniors and Seniors. Focus is on narrative filmmaking. We are stepping up our production capabilities and investing in a c100 (dual pixel upgrade) and c100 mark ii (with various EF and EF-s lenses).

Convince me that a Ronin M would serve us better than the Movi M5. Whichever one we go with, we plan on flying the c100 and using a Zacuto Grip extender to mount the side grip to the rig, thus maintaining full functionality.
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

Hi Doebler, I see this was posted on December 8th and nobody has replied sadly...
My opinion would be try (RENT) them both before you make a purchase, If that is not an option then I would buy the Ronin,
I Think it would better suit a classroom environment when ease and speed of setup and balancing a gimbal would take less time
since the Ronin is tooless for the most part,the only thing is the baseplate clamp may need to be tightned with the provided allen wrench.

The Ronin is pretty tough and would probably handle more punishment, and The Ronin-M is half the price of the Movi 5, plus replacement parts are cheaper than the Movi.

With The extra savings you could purchase a support rig for the gimbal, like the easyrig or similar, I guarantee you're going to need it,
using these 3axis gimbals are hard on the back and could seriously injure a student.

Here is one I made if you like doing DIY projects with your students

It never hurts to do extensive research before your purchase, But if money is not a problem then get the Movi 5 and buy or build a support rig.

Good Luck!
2015-12-17
Use props
Doebler
New

United States

DJI-Darryl Posted at 2015-12-17 17:53
Hi Doebler, I see this was posted on December 8th and nobody has replied sadly...
My opinion would b ...

Awesome DIY!  Thanks!
2016-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules