Switch left/right and yaw controls
7763 8 2014-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dji
New

United States

Is there a way to program the PV2+ to use the right stick for yaw (and forward/back), and the left stick for left/right (and up/down)?  I have a tremor in my leftf hand, and it would be easier for me to control flight if I could use the right stick for most operations.
2014-12-26
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Yes, the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.6 has mode 1 and 2.  Mode 1 puts the throttle on the right and mode 2 has throttle on the left.   Do you have the new version 3 Phantom with the throttle lock?
2014-12-26
Use props
dji
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-27 08:36
Yes, the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.6 has mode 1 and 2.  Mode 1 puts the throttle on the right ...

Thanks,

Yes, I have throttle lock.  But I'm looking to put yaw on the right stick, not throttle.  What I'd like for the right stick is fwd/bck/yaw; left stick is left/right/throttle.

I thought I had latest assistant but don't see "mode" settings -- can you point me to them?
2014-12-26
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

dji@drmr.com Posted at 2014-12-27 08:49
Thanks,

Yes, I have throttle lock.  But I'm looking to put yaw on the right stick, not throttle.  ...

You can switch the stick modes but that is all.
Left stick is up/down and spin left/right
right stick is forward/backward,  left/right
2014-12-26
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

dji@drmr.com Posted at 2014-12-27 08:49
Thanks,

Yes, I have throttle lock.  But I'm looking to put yaw on the right stick, not throttle.  ...

You can just switch to Mode 1.

The throttle lock is managed by a white plastic clip that slides into the left stick/gimbal. Open the back, unclip it, and it slide right out. You can pitch it if you don't want the lock, or...I think you can slide it into the right stick so that it will lock in the full down position.
2014-12-26
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

guymacdonald@ip Posted at 2014-12-27 10:50
Quote from 3rd post from the top....

"What I'd like for the right stick is fwd/bck/yaw; left stick ...

Ah. You're looking for Mode 3. Certainly do-able, but you'll need a soldering iron, not software. I'm not aware of any company that sells a compatible transmitter that works in Mode 3.

2014-12-26
Use props
dji
New

United States

guymacdonald@ip Posted at 2014-12-27 10:02
Am I right in thinking you want to......

Pitch Forward and Back with the Right

Yes, that's right
2014-12-26
Use props
dji
New

United States

guymacdonald@ip Posted at 2014-12-27 10:14
These are your options....

I think option 4 is what you are wanting?

Thanks!  This looks promising, will try.
2014-12-26
Use props
zavnok
New

Switzerland

Found the below link to enabe or disable slow pannning  via slower left-right controller mod.
Anyone tried this mod?

http://www.quickinet.net/fly/
DJI Yaw Speed Control Mod
This mod controls the speed of the yaw of your bird in flight. (right / left pivot) The stock setup is very fast. You can control the speed of the yaw with very small inputs to the sticks, but this mod gives you an even finer control over your turns for very nice "cinematic" pans.
2015-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules