Any Osmo advanced gimbal settings tutorials?
3134 7 2015-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeff_kirkland
lvl.2

Australia

Hi All,

I've had my Osmo for a week now, and it's time I got to understand the advanced settings. This is my first exposure to anything on a gimbal so I'm finding it a little confusing.

Can anyone point me at some info or tutorials on the advanced gimbal settings? I sort of (maybe) have an idea of what they do but I really want to understand why I'd change them and how to use those settings to improve my filming.

~ jeff k
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

For reference, you can check the user manual of Osmo. About the gimbal settings, there are detailed explanation about the meaning of each setting. You can check it on the DJI GO->right top corner 'hat'-> download the Osmo user manual v1.0 .Or you can go to the DJI website to download and read it. http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
2015-12-8
Use props
jeff_kirkland
lvl.2

Australia

Thanks Amy.

I've read the user guide. It's helpful in defining the functions, although it would have been even more helpful with one more sentence saying whether higher or lower numbers meant more or less of the setting. I had to work that bit out by trial and error :-)

What I'm really looking for, and I guess from the lack of replies doesn't really exist, is something that walks me through the real-world application of the settings.

As an example, tomorrow I'm filming someone walking along a footpath while presenting a news report to camera. Next week I'm using the Osmo to film in a car - both an interior shot of the driver speaking, and a shot from the car bonnet as we drive through traffic.

I'm guessing each of those shoots would benefit from different gimbal settings, and I can certainly work it out by playing and testing,  but being new to gimbals, I don't actually know if I want things like the response time or deadband to be fast or slow, etc.

I was hoping there might be some resource, whether for the Osmo or just shooting with gimbals in general,  that could give me a head-start on the theory and save me a few hours of extra work.  

Cheers
Jeff K
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jeff_kirkland Posted at 2015-12-11 05:46
Thanks Amy.

I've read the user guide. It's helpful in defining the functions, although it would ha ...

Thanks for your suggestion. We will seriously consider that. Have you joined the Facebook group of Osmo? I think you might find inspiration there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/djiosmo/
2015-12-10
Use props
jeff_kirkland
lvl.2

Australia

Didn't know there was a Facebook group. I'll drop on by :-)
2015-12-11
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jeff_kirkland Posted at 2015-12-12 05:31
Didn't know there was a Facebook group. I'll drop on by :-)

Welcome to join the group.
2015-12-13
Use props
fabthi
New
Italy

Well, there are some Settings for which there is no explanation about what they are for in the User Guide, just to mention:
Pitch Lock: enable/disable ??
Gimbal > Joystick > Fast Configure: Fast/Middle/Slow ??
2018-10-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

fabthi Posted at 2018-10-25 09:14
Well, there are some Settings for which there is no explanation about what they are for in the User Guide, just to mention:
Pitch Lock: enable/disable ??
Gimbal > Joystick > Fast Configure: Fast/Middle/Slow ??

Isn't it interesting that after nearly 3 years, there's still no manual explanation or tutorial on how to use some of those settings... There are a few YouTube videos that introduce them, but nothing from DJI.
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules