DJI Go "Command Timeout"
19750 27 2015-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jkuespert
lvl.1

United States

Hello.
I am unable to perform some functions within the DJI Go app, including Auto Takeoff, RTH, etc.. Each time that I touch the applicable button, the app produces an error message that says, "Command Timeout".

I am unable to perform a settings reset either. The same error appears.

I've tested this from two separate iPhone 6's and have removed and reinstalled the app numerous times.

Is there a way to force a settings reset without the app?

Please advise.
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you have a crash, or did it just all of a sudden happen one day? Are you able to go to the general settings and see what the versions of the app, R/C, and aircraft are?
2015-12-8
Use props
jkuespert
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-8 21:30
Did you have a crash, or did it just all of a sudden happen one day? Are you able to go to the gener ...

I had a hard landing, then afterward, this issue began.
2015-12-8
Use props
jkuespert
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-8 21:30
Did you have a crash, or did it just all of a sudden happen one day? Are you able to go to the gener ...

App Version 2.4.2
Aircraft Version 1.1.30
RC Version 1.2.40
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ahh, I see. Looks like you have a Standard. You can go threw the manual and try to re-link the aircraft to the controller and see if that helps.
2015-12-8
Use props
jkuespert
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-8 21:36
Ahh, I see. Which Phantom3 do you have? You can go threw the manual and try to re-link the aircraft  ...

I have no issues manually flying the Phantom (standard) .. why would re-linking the controller help?
2015-12-8
Use props
jkuespert
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-8 21:36
Ahh, I see. Looks like you have a Standard. You can go threw the manual and try to re-link the aircr ...

Is there a method to 'factory reset' the Phantom without the DJI Go app?
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

OK, I didn't know you were still able to fly it fine. Is it just none of the features in the app work? Do the camera features work?
2015-12-8
Use props
jkuespert
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-8 21:44
OK, I didn't know you were still able to fly it fine. Is it just none of the features in the app wor ...

I can shoot video, but when I select the 'camera' mode, it defaults back to video.
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

When it's all connected, what color lights are flashing on the aircraft and gimbal.
Also, instead of re-linking the aircraft, just try re-setting the WiFi video downlink (page 26) and see if you get full camera control again. As far as the flight functions like auto take-off and whatnot, my only suggestion is to re-link the aircraft. I know it flies with the R/C but not with the app.
2015-12-8
Use props
jkuespert
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-8 21:33
When it's all connected, what color lights are flashing on the aircraft and gimbal.
Also, instead o ...

I will try the suggestions and report back.
2015-12-8
Use props
jkuespert
lvl.1

United States

jkuespert Posted at 2015-12-8 20:42
Is there a method to 'factory reset' the Phantom without the DJI Go app?

This is driving me crazy. You'd think with the cost of these devices DJI would provide better support. Now I can't link my RC with the aircraft. When following the re-link procedure, the RC beeps forever and the link attempt times out.

DJI, please assist. How can I relink?
2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for the issues you're having. before you did anything, what color were the lights?
And did you try resetting the WiFi video downlink?
Did nothing work then you tried to re-link the aircraft?
2015-12-9
Use props
jkuespert
lvl.1

United States

jkuespert Posted at 2015-12-9 06:05
This is driving me crazy. You'd think with the cost of these devices DJI would provide better supp ...

As I stated above, I CANNOT re-link the RC and the aircraft.

When following the published re-link process, the linking fails after a few minutes.
2015-12-9
Use props
jkuespert
lvl.1

United States

jkuespert Posted at 2015-12-9 09:18
As I stated above, I CANNOT re-link the RC and the aircraft.

When following the published re-link ...

I ended up returning and replacing the device per DJI technical support recommendations.
2015-12-9
Use props
Airtech
lvl.1

United States

I also had this issue today. My drone (phantom 3 standard)  has been idle for about 3 weeks. There have been no prior hard landings or crashes. When I executed the launch function on the app I got the command time out message. The drone ultimately fired up but at random; about 30 seconds after executing the take off command several times. The only thing I can think of that has changed is that I upgraded my iPad operating system  to version 10.02. Once in the air it took many tries to get it to switch from the camera to video. Given the number of responses on line about people having this issue do you think DJI needs to optimize their ap for the latest apple operating system or have you found another fix. Do others with this issue use Apple OS 10.02

I would appreciate any assistance on this issue
2016-10-10
Use props
dindaco2
New

I was flying outside earlier today and flew out of RC range, after which the DJI Go app warned me that I lost rc signal and then prompted me whether I wanted to Return to Home. Herein lies my first question:
1. Shouldn't the Return to Home sequence commence automatically rather than prompting me whether I want to Return to Home?

So I clicked "yes" and the app then gave me a left side pop-up warning of "connection timeout". I tried pressing and holdinf the Return to Home button on the controller, but same thing -- "connection timeout". Eventually the video signal came back and then I was able to initiate the RTH.

2. Any thoughts as to why this happened?

Under MC settings, I have the RC Signal Lost option set to Return to Home. Was the Mavic returning home even though it said "connection timeout" everytime I tried to initiate the Return to Home sequence?

I tried entering Flight Data Mode to send my log files, but first time I connected, it just mounted the drine as a disk and showed my photos and videos. Once I removed the SD card, nothing showed up when going into Flight Data mode.
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Airtech Posted at 2016-10-11 07:50
I also had this issue today. My drone (phantom 3 standard)  has been idle for about 3 weeks. There h ...

Airtech, thanks for your feedback.
To locate the issue, please help clarify your aircraft firmware version and DJI go APP version.
Have you tried to delete the APP and re-install it?
With other mobile device, there is no that issue, right?
If you could post a screenshot here, that's high appreciated.
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dindaco2 Posted at 2016-10-31 08:41
I was flying outside earlier today and flew out of RC range, after which the DJI Go app warned me th ...

Thanks for your details, according to your description, both RC signal and image transmission lost.
When image transmission lost, it would pop out "Whether you want to return to home", you could click yes to RTH. While when RC signal lost, you could not control aircraft with remote any more until the signal recovers, that's why when you got the message "connection timeout".
2016-10-31
Use props
fans1d0afa20
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-31 05:11
Thanks for your details, according to your description, both RC signal and image transmission lost ...

Yes, but was my drone flying back as I attempted to regain connection with my remote control? I did not hear the beeping associated with my drone automatically returning to home. It was just silent and nothing was working...
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

That depends on the environment situations and other factors, sometime it would regain the connection and you could control the aircraft again.
Since the remote signal lost and it disconnects to aircraft, when you press RTH button, it's normal you could not hear the sound.
If everything connects properly, when activating RTH, you will hear the sound.
2016-10-31
Use props
fans179b910f
New
Flight distance : 78474 ft
Australia

DJI Support is as woeful as it has always been!

I speak out of experience having had an incident where RTH failed both on failed reconnecting (for no reason!) as well as eventual out-of-RC-control landing, missing the initial take off point by over 5.5m by DJI's own findings after reviewing the submitted data. While a 5.5+m miss is totally unacceptable, they refused warranty on the damaged craft as their operations fine-print states that one needs a 10m clearance on take-off! WTF!

I just entered this forum string as I now also have the 'command timeout' issue arising out of absolutely nothing on the formerly repaired craft after re-using it without an issue for nearly 6 months! Again, WTF!

Reading through the dialogue string gives me a feeling of having yet again to waste endless time on an issue that should never have arisen in the first place if DJI's app's & crafts would be up to scratch in the first place.

And yes, all my softwares as well as firmwares are up to date, plus there were no crashes nor anything else indicating sudden trouble ahead! Again, WTF!

Not happy at all! In fact, totally pissed off!

DJI may manufacture respectable crafts in a market they luckily for themselves have very little competition, but the happy days experience with them only lasts as long as the crafts work to what they suppose to be designed for. As soon as troube hits, it more than often is all tears or at very least endless time to be wasted as nothing is simple in working out DJI issues!

2016-11-2
Use props
fans179b910f
New
Australia

fans179b910f Posted at 2016-11-3 11:17
DJI Support is as woeful as it has always been!

I speak out of experience having had an incident w ...

Update: Just spent over 30 min on the phone with the tech department of the company in Australia that originally sold me the craft... issue still unresolved! WTF!

Issue seems to remain that a sensitive 'command timeout' reality seems to prevent me enacting necessary resolve functions... virtual command paralysis while everything seems to work just fine with RC as well as craft all fired up incl. video signal, all ready for take-off, that cannot be executed in the current 'command timeout' environment, nor can anything else. WTF!!!

DJI, get your act together, this is ridiculous!
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans179b910f Posted at 2016-11-3 12:24
Update: Just spent over 30 min on the phone with the tech department of the company in Australia t ...

Sorry to hear about the trouble, you have done all the basic troubleshooting on the phone but still could not get it solved, it would be best to send it in to our service center for further evaluation if convenient. You could contact our tech support at support@dji.com for further help.
2016-11-3
Use props
fans179b910f
New
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-3 16:08
Sorry to hear about the trouble, you have done all the basic troubleshooting on the phone but still ...

'If convenient'... it certainly is not! We are travelling around Australia and require our photo & video equipment to be reliable as we are shooting, filming and flying daily, just to be let down by DJI once again! Not happy at all!

Mind you, I do have a P4 as well, but most often used the P3P as I do have 2 batteries for that one. Since the P3P is no longer usable due to this idiotic 'command time out' issue, I am using the P4 more regularely, just to find that it's battery charging off my pure sinewave 300/600W inverter in the car or caravan shows issues, unlike the batteries of the P3P. Since I have not had these issues in the past, I can only assume that those batteries dislike repeat charging during the day, but with one craft and two batteries out, the other craft needs to do some extra work! Unavoidable... but is obviously not up to the task! At nearly A$300 for a battery one would expect better!

There seems to simply be no consistent stability with DJI gear, and the prices of batteries are horrendously abusive!

Can't wait for powerful competition to arrive to give us greater options with drone equipment, it is much needed!
2016-11-3
Use props
fans179b910f
New
Australia

fans179b910f Posted at 2016-11-3 19:35
'If convenient'... it certainly is not! We are travelling around Australia and require our photo &  ...

Also... wasted more time trying to resolve this issue as I desperately need the craft. Un-installed/re-installed the app so far 3 times... resolve miserably failed every single time. WTF!
2016-11-3
Use props
bama105
lvl.1
United States

This just happened on my iPhone 6s with my brand new mavic.  DJI wants me to send it back!!!  WTF?
2017-1-15
Use props
fansbef6fd77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33 ft

Brazil

Same issue here. I updated the firmware 2 months ago, flew a couple times flawlessly and then had a brake of about 3 weeks and the issue started.

I turn AC and Radio on then open DJI Go App, camera connects, AC warms up fine, AC lights blink green, app says "Ready to Go"  yet..

ALL COMMANDS TIME OUT. Can't take off, can't set max altitude, can't change flight mode, can't set max distance. I've already tried:

- use different devices (Android and iOS);
- clear app cache and data on different devices (Android and iOS);
- reinstall the app on different devices (Android and iOS);
- relink the radio.

This is the info on the "about" menu:

DJI Go App version: 1.5.40+
AC Firmware version: 3.1.11
Flight Controller Serial No.: N/A

At first I'd get no GPS signal even outdoors in wide open areas away from WiFi, radio antennas, electrical wires and etc. Then I opened the AC, disconnected the GPS module and started the AC without it. I expected it to throw some kind of "GPS module error" on the app, but it didn't change the behavior. Still goes on, still warms up, connects to the radio, to the app, image shows up fine, can control the gimbal angle, record and take pictures, but every control relative to the AC times out. I reassembled it and now I'm able to get GPS signal, but it still won't take any AC commands.

Is there any debugging software or debug logging mode I can use to get any clearer info on this?
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules