DJI OSMO audio problem (every 5 sec some "click" sound)
7130 55 2015-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

I have also heard the clicking issue. Amy never got back to me. I don't know what's going on here
2016-1-22
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-8 14:59
In your video, the audio is distorted due to the larger mic gain setting, please try to decrease th ...

We are still waiting Amy.
Rod and the cat
2016-1-23
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I suspect that the answer isn't going to be that simple, as the fault ranges from that demonstrated by marcis.krasovsk at one end of the scale, to my own observation at the other -- which varies from 'almost never' to 'never'.

There seem to be a number of reported 'faults' on the Osmo, and which seems to vary in intensity from one user to another ..... almost like a QA (quality assurance) problem.
2016-1-23
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-23 00:09
Amy, have your engineers come up with a solution yet?
Rod and the cat? we are all waiting for some ...

I'll bump this in the hope that DJI will give us the courtesy of a reply!
C,mon DJI I use a lot of your gear professionally and require better service than this!
Rod and the cat
2016-1-24
Use props
increased
New

Germany

I'd like to buy a DJI Osmo but I've read a lot about this audio problem and my search for a solution led me here. Until this isn't fixed I'm not going to buy the Osmo. Please bring a firmware update soon.
2016-2-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-25 04:53
I'll bump this in the hope that DJI will give us the courtesy of a reply!
C,mon DJI I use a lot of ...

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I just come back after a long vacation. About the click sound problem, we will fix it in the next firmware update, please wait patiently and pay close attention to the official website.
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-1-24 00:34
I suspect that the answer isn't going to be that simple, as the fault ranges from that demonstrated  ...

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I just come back after a long vacation. About the click sound problem, we will fix it in the next firmware update, please wait patiently and pay close attention to the official website.
2016-2-14
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-15 17:26
Hi, sorry for the late reply, I just come back after a long vacation. About the click sound proble ...

Thank you Amy, that is what we all wanted to hear!
Cheers!
Rod and the cat{:2_31:}
2016-2-15
Use props
nadeemtron
New

United States

Hi @dji-amy, can you tell us when the firmware is coming? My audio doesn't work *at all* and it is causing some issues in our productions. I haven't found a solution for this, despite quite a few forum posts others have made here. Have you solved the "no audio" problem? If not, we really need a date on the next firmware release as we're sitting here with unusable equipment :/  Thanks!
2016-2-22
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Amy has posted on several occasions that the input is mono.
2016-2-22
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Amy has posted on several occasions that the input is mono.
2016-2-22
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

martin94b Posted at 2015-12-10 10:20
This sounds like an inconsitency within the audio data stream. If you miss one sample in the conti ...

I want to jump on what Martin94b stated at the beginning of this thread.  This sounds and looks like an audio sample skipping problem.  It would also make complete sense due to the fact that video doesn't sync well with a standard audio source and that there is a internal audio/video sync problem on the Osmo as well.  If it is a sample skipping problem, you will only hear the pops under relatively loud noise and only in certain instances.  Silence will not create a pop.  

This is all exactly what martin94b states, but it has gotten lost in this thread regarding playback and such.  I felt that it would be important to reiterate that you would not notice the click in a silent environment and that it would be irregular.
2016-2-24
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-2-25 07:34
I want to jump on what Martin94b stated at the beginning of this thread.  This sounds and looks lik ...

Thanks Dude!

Meanwhile I have the feeling that instead of investigating the issue DJI prefers to rather fingerpoint at everything else but the Osmo itself and thus keeps ignoring the user (problem).
Its the SD-card reader, its the video playback software, its the performance of your PC, its everything but the obvious: the Osmo.

Sorry DJI, thats the picture you submit to your customers...
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

martin94b Posted at 2016-2-25 17:42
Thanks Dude!

Meanwhile I have the feeling that instead of investigating the issue DJI prefers to  ...

Hi, martin94b
Your feedback will be highly appreciated! But DJI is not trying to blame anything to others. While our products are not a solo working system, the running software system will inevitably call or trigger the program of the compatible device sometimes, so the performance maybe a result of the combination of DJI products and the other working device, they just work together.
We'll keep collecting your feedback and trying to provide our customers with a better solution!
Thanks for your understanding!
2016-2-25
Use props
increased
New

Germany

Is there any progress with the audio problem or is it solved with a new firmware yet?
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

increased Posted at 2016-4-6 05:57
Is there any progress with the audio problem or is it solved with a new firmware yet?

Thanks for your concern!
In the latest firmware v1.6.2.10, we've made a big progress, especially, our engineers have managed to improve the audio issue. For the details, please refer to the latest OSMO firmware Releaset Notes at https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Notes_en_160324.pdf
To get a better using experience, we would recommend upgrading the firmware to the latest version.
2016-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules