Newbie questions and a couple of issues
601 4 2015-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott.littlejoh
New

Canada

Newbie questions: After trying everything I could lay my hands on from forums, I had to finally give up trying to activate with my Android Note 4 Lollipop, and go with a iPhone 5S. Seems to work fairly well, but I don't seem to have the phone icon to be able to control the camera with the phone's touch screen. Any advice?

Question two is just regarding firmware update procedure. Do you plug the camera into your computer, or plug in the micro SD card and after card update, update Osmo when the card is reinserted (like the Phantom). Any help highly appreciated. Also wonder how the Osmo is attached to the tripod I bought (still waiting to get an extension pole). Feeling a bit left out with support, in spite of the tutorial series with 'Ty'.  Thanks in advance!

2015-12-9
Use props
Drew Vallejo
lvl.3
United States

To answer one of your questions, you have to long press on your phone screen (what sometimes feels like too long) and drag your finger to move the camera using only your phone. That's at least what I have to do on my iPhone 6. I will say that the result is really choppy even when playing back the recorded file. It's just not as on point as the thumb stick.
2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Drew Vallejo Posted at 2015-12-10 06:29
To answer one of your questions, you have to long press on your phone screen (what sometimes feels l ...

Hi, thanks for the reply. You can actually control the respond speed of OSMO on your APP.  The further your finger is away from the starting point, the faster will the Osmo gimbal respond.
2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, about the firmware update, it's like the phantom 3 , you can connect it to you PC by micro usb cable or just use a micro SD card reader to copy the firmware BIN file to it. You can check the upgrade tutorial here: How to upgrade firmware http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads  
2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

About the tripod, you need the extension rod to connect the Osmo and then use the tripod to connect the extension rod's handle bottom rosette.
2015-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules