1352 5 2014-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been flying the Phantom around the neighborhood. Taking off at a park, cruising around 200 - 300 ft up and heading off to find my house. I'm losing signal about 700 - 800 ft. I can't see the Phantom for the trees and the houses in the way. I'm assuming that's why I'm not getting 1000+ range. What is everyone else's experience? Any way to improve distance? Parhaps a higher altitude?
2014-12-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Trees, buildings or anything blocking a direct line of sight will block your signal.
2014-12-26
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Remember, anything other than LOS (line of sight) flight is outside the operating parameters of this type of craft. You are much more likely to lose your quad completely flying in this manner. In fact, it's almost a certainty you will be parted with it.

Depending on your eyes and the conditions outside, most Phantoms would be a dot in the sky at 350 feet high - let alone off in the distance. It's your money, but I only fly my Phantom where I can easily recover it and never to experiment how far I can get it to go, etc.
2014-12-26
Use props
jqhnny10
New

United States

while i am flying my pv2+ i lose video feed on my phone but i can still fully control drone.  just cant see what it sees.  this happens even 20 feet from me  anyone know why
2014-12-27
Use props
jmims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

jqhnny10@yahoo. Posted at 2014-12-28 13:32
while i am flying my pv2+ i lose video feed on my phone but i can still fully control drone.  just c ...

The iPhone will use the strongest WiFi signal. That means that if you are flying near your house, once your Phantom's signal is weaker than your home signal, the iPhone will revert to the wrong WiFi. Just "forget" your home WiFi and see if that solves the problem.
2014-12-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jqhnny10@yahoo. Posted at 2014-12-28 13:32
while i am flying my pv2+ i lose video feed on my phone but i can still fully control drone.  just c ...

Some phones have an automatic "search for better wifi"  Check in your phone settings and turn that off if you have that.
2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules