Why does the camera feed freeze when taking a picture?
1015 7 2015-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_
lvl.3
United States

When I take a picture, I have to literally wait about 5-10 seconds, before I can finally see the live feed again. Is this intended/normal? Is the P3S doing something retarded like trying to send the photo to the phone/tablet instead of just quickly saving it to the SD card? It's not too big of a deal if I'm not close to anything while taking a picture. But if you are, there is a constant worry that I may be drifting into something.

2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What device are you using? If it's not one of the devices on DJI compatible list then that could be the reason. maybe your device does not have enough processing power to the 720HD data.
2015-12-10
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-10 18:13
What device are you using? If it's not one of the devices on DJI compatible list then that could be  ...

I think you may have read through the question too fast. The video feed freezes, and there is a little circling busy animation that appears around the HDR/Record button. In other words, the GO app is clearly fine. It is clearly doing something it was programmed to do but it is waiting on the P3S for some reason. Maybe it slow because it is taking an HDR image.
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ok, I see now. I didn't know you were taking. HDR image. That's does take a lot of processing power so it will take time to process.
I have an iPad Air and my HDR shots take about 3 seconds to process. If it's taking 10 seconds, then you may be using an older device.
2015-12-10
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-10 21:26
Ok, I see now. I didn't know you were taking. HDR image. That's does take a lot of processing power  ...

Ken, can you tell me what is ''hardware encoding '' mean in the app menu please. What is the difference when it is off and on ?
Thank you
GQ
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

With the Apple A7 processor, and sometimes A8 processor will have better performance but you might experience complete device reboots to do GPU on the a8. Some people see them more than others. Make sure you have background app refresh set to "OFF", this helps. Also double click the home button and make sure you have no other apps running.
2015-12-22
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I have an iPhone 5s and it takes 10 seconds too. I think iPhone 5s processor is not too old to process 720p video.
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Are you doing "single shot" and not "HDR" and do you have "Hardware Decode" enabled?
2015-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules