Missing .txt log files from tablet
1451 7 2015-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JcP3A
lvl.1

Curaçao

I wanted to experiment with Dashware and made a short fly today 12/10. After the flight I connected my tablet to my PC, found 2 txt files with a date of 12/7 which is the day I used my new tablet for the first time but no sign of txt files for the following days.
My tablet is Nvidia Shield tablet K1, the DJI Go app is the latest and the firmware on both the remote and the P3A are the latest.
My previous tablet was a Nexus 7 2013 and contains a bunch of txt log files.
What happened to the txt files on the Nvidia K1?

Thanks, Jean-Claude
2015-12-10
Use props
JcP3A
lvl.1

Curaçao

If I tap the airplane icon in the DJI Go app I can see and replay all my flights.
There is also some kind of bug in the app: when I tap the airplane icon I first get an error message saying that DJI Go stopped working. I I tap OK the flight log window is displayed and tapping on the Home icon I do not return to DJI Go (as it stpped working) but return to the main Android screen.

Jean-Claude
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

So all the .txt files show up on your PC and your old Nexus, but not your Shield?
maybe a setting somewhere in the Shield, if it worked fine on the PC and your old tablet, I would say everything is working. I do not have a Shield so I can't test it, but it has to be something with it.
2015-12-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

JcP3A Posted at 2015-12-11 08:32
If I tap the airplane icon in the DJI Go app I can see and replay all my flights.
There is also some ...

Try to uninstall the app and reinstall and see if that helps.
2015-12-11
Use props
JcP3A
lvl.1

Curaçao

I have been thinking of reinstalling the app but it should not be necessary:
From June 22 to December 6 I used a Nexus 7 2013, at some point in time I did a factory reset, did not restore from any backup and reinstalled DJI Go in order to have a totally clean install. On the Nexus I can see my txt log files from August 30 until December 6.
On December 6 I received my new Nvidia Shield tablet K1 on which I only installed DJI Go.
On December 7 I made 2 very short flights (a few minutes)  to see how the new tablet was doing. I can see the txt log files from these 2 flights.
On December 7 I also received an email confirmation for the beta of Vertical Studio which I installed along side with Pix4D capture and Drone Deploy. I am not sure if I installed these before my 2 test flights or after, either on the 7th or the 8th.
On December 8 I made 2 very short flights (a few minutes) with Vertical Studio.
On the 9th I discovered Dashware and wanted to test it using the txt log files from Vertical Studio: these 2 log files are nowhere to be seen.
On the 10th I made another flight with DJI Go to see what it was all about with these txt files. When I looked I did not see the txt file corresponding to that flight.
I did not installed any other app on the tablet and did not use it for any other purpose than the tests mentioned above.

a few minutes ago I rechecked my tablet in order to get the dates correctly and also double checked the folder of the txt files. The txt log file from the flight of the 10th is there! I am 99.99% sure it was not there yesterday and I will make more test to see if I had some hallucinations. I will report back.

Is this normal that the txt log files are not produced when using apps other than DJI Go?

I will also make some test with Pix4D and Drone Deploy and I will report back.

Jean-Claude
2015-12-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I think if you delete the app and reinstall it may help.
Also, if you want flight logs, just download them directly from the aircraft to your PC with the USB cable.
2015-12-11
Use props
JcP3A
lvl.1

Curaçao

Latest update:
I just made another flight which was cut short due to 19 mph wind gusts (in the city with many buildings and a main road at rush hour) and also a "DJI Go has stopped working" message.
After landing I connected the tablet to the PC and no txt log file, the same as yesterday (I was not hallucinating).
As yesterday file appeared this morning after powering on the tablet I decided to turn off the tablet and turn it back on:
The txt log file for today appeared.
It looks like some caching is going on and I must turn off the tablet before being able to see the txt log files.
Is it due to Android, Nvidia or something else?

Ken, you mention downloading from the Phantom itself but they are .DAT files, not txt files, and they contains a lot more information than the txt log files.. Yesterday I did download the DAT file, converted it to a csv file with the offline converter from http://flylog.info/  in order to use it with Dashware but Dashware did not like it. Does anyone know which Dashware profile can be used for the csv files produced by this converter?

Jean-Claude
2015-12-11
Use props
JcP3A
lvl.1

Curaçao

After being grounded due to the gimbal going crazy with a grinding noise I resumed my flights last weekend and can confirm the following:
Both with a Nexus 7 2013 running Marshmallow with the latest DJI Go and a Nvidia Shield K1 running Lollipop with the latest DJI Go the log files do not appear on the tablet until the tablet is turned off/on.

Jean-Claude
2015-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules