Yet another 1.5 firmware failure - Flyaway causes complete destruction of air...
7132 90 2015-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ryan209 Posted at 2016-2-26 02:46
I guess that's the nature of the beast.   There are infinite ways through error to crash your bird, ...

Well said, thanks.
2016-2-25
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

So snowride do you have a new p3a now from DJI? It's been nearly 2 months since your last post? Hope you got all sorted. Let us know.
2016-2-25
Use props
Zekekelly
lvl.1
United States

I spent about a month just trying to get the firmware to install without locking up. Tried several devices and called DJI multiple times. There are plenty of documented problems with the new firmware. My drone flew into a bridge and crashed into a riverthe first time it was flown after I was finally able to install it. Of course this is all my fault... Sure. Anyway, I will dispute the charges with my credit card company, file a small claims case and then a report with the BBB. Nothing more you can do. I have been flying drones for a very long time. I have had two fly always and one WiFi transmitter malfunction. All issues were immediately after purchase and resulted in a drawn out nightmare ordeal with DJI. I can't afford to fly drones anymore. Maybe I can get some compensation this time. I don't know.
2018-3-4
Use props
Zekekelly
lvl.1
United States

Started flying with custum built quads built for the Airborne Rangers, then had a Phantom 2 vision 2 plus; defective wifi module and one fly away. A Phantom 3 standard; no problem. 2 Mavic Pros; second one failed after firmware upgrade. lost control and it drifted into a bridge. That is kind of an overview of my experience. The non-upgraded Mavic and the Phantom 3 standard were pretty much problem free. There are plenty of problems reported with dji products. If you can't afford to lose $1000, don't fly drones!
2018-3-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This is an old thread... but...

I've done over 300 flights with 3 different Phantoms

I've had zero flyaways and zero RTH problems.  

I've had my share of crashes and mishaps... including two 400' drops... but nothing I can blame DJI for...

I like your last sentence... you're right, flight is inherently risky.  
2018-3-4
Use props
Zekekelly
lvl.1
United States

In all fairness, DJI did replace the Vision 2, but it took over a year and a report with the BBB before they agreed to do anything. Back in those days it was nearly impossible to get anyone on the phone with dji. Now their customer service is a lot better, but we will see about this Mavic. Why in the world do they need to keep upgrading? I'd say the drone that ISN'T in the river, is an upgrade from the one that is. No way I will upgrade the other one. It works fine and I am going to ignore the dji firmware upgrade. Can' afford to lose another $1000. This is ridiculous.
2018-3-4
Use props
Zekekelly
lvl.1
United States

So Mark, are you implying that because you never had an issue, then my issues must be my fault?
2018-3-4
Use props
Zekekelly
lvl.1
United States

The WiFi module was actually redesigned with cooling holes because dji knew damn good and well it was a defect. And they still took about a year and a half to agree to correct the problem.
2018-3-4
Use props
Zekekelly
lvl.1
United States

And, when a drone disconnects from control and takes off sideways at full speed in a random direction, generally there isn't much 'operator responsibility' involved. I fly drones professionally. I go all over the world and fly in very challenging situations. Every problem has been while testinf a new product, clear line of sight, and easy contidions. It is why I don't like upgrades. If I have something that works, I like to keep it that way. In many situations the liability involved is way too high to take a chance on an unproven system. DJI products are inherently glitchy because they are pushing the limits of what can be done with technology to maintain a corner on the market. Everyone knows that. But buyer beware! I got one flight for $1000 on my last Mavic. I should have ignored the upgrade and left it with the same firmware as the other one.
2018-3-4
Use props
Zekekelly
lvl.1
United States

And Mark, I have well over 300 flights between my non-upgraded Mavic, the custom quads, and the Phantom 3 with zero issues as well. What the does that have to do with the WiFi Module failure and the fly away issues I've had with the Vision 2+ and the control loss with upgraded Mavic Pro? We are talking about specific issues here.
2018-3-4
Use props
Zekekelly
lvl.1
United States

Two out of my four dji drones worked perfectly and were everything they promised to be. So what? The other two purchases were simply throwing $2000 in the garbage.  
2018-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules