Osmo Rosette accessories?
4384 6 2015-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ben.scott
New
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Just received my Osmo and very happy with it. Was very surprised to find the Rosette is the only mounting hole though.

For the sort of work I do I need to be able to mount it in a lot more ways than the existing accessories allow me to.

Is there any chance of DJI releasing a rosette arm that simply terminates in 1/4" and 3/8" standard tripod screws?

I'll need something like this pretty quickly.
2015-12-11
Use props
jeff_kirkland
lvl.2

Australia

The rosette has a 1/4" socket so you can screw in anything you want. I just grabbed a small friction arm and was in business.  I haven't got one but I believe the Osmo extension rod has a 1/4" socket on the bottom.  Plus there are a growing number of third party Osmo accessories on eBay.

I personally got the Osmo straight arm and the universal mounting plate. With those two and a quick trip to the spare parts drawer in my studio,  I can pretty much mount the Osmo any way I want.
2015-12-11
Use props
ben.scott
New
United Kingdom

That single screw won't be robust enough on some of the car stuff I do which can be very high speed (last shoot hit 150mph), hence the need for the rosette. If the mounting plate had multiple threads of different sizes that potentially could work well... Thanks
2015-12-11
Use props
job.genders
lvl.2

Netherlands

Yes i was hoping they would be smart enough to leave holes in the Universal Mount plate some 3/4" screwhole... but they didn't do that. Perhaps they think i will buy a selfie stick AND a tripod from them.
2015-12-12
Use props
ben.scott
New
United Kingdom

I've emailed Smallrig to see if they would be interested in making something.
2015-12-12
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ben.scott@live. Posted at 2015-12-12 07:45
That single screw won't be robust enough on some of the car stuff I do which can be very high speed  ...

Please check the user manual of vehicle mount: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/o ... _Start_Guide_en.pdf
Bring the Osmo inside of the vehicle if you are travelling at speeds over 100Km/h. Otherwise, the gimbal may enter Protection mode and become inactive.
2015-12-13
Use props
ben.scott
New
United Kingdom

Thanks for that. Whether the camera is inside or outside, that single screw is not enough to hold the camera solidly enough.
2015-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules