P3A Gimbal Cooling Fan?
1961 13 2015-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rskardon
lvl.2

United States

Hi there,

I just recieved my P3 Advanced (Swapped for my P3P) and i noticed there appears to be no fan on the Gimbal, is this correct? I assume it might be because the 4k on the P3P generates more heat but thought i'd best check,

thanks,

R
2015-12-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The fan is the same in the P3 Pro as the P3 Advanced. If you don't hear it when powering up, something is not correct. And you can't notice it, it's inside the gimbal and not visible.
2015-12-11
Use props
rskardon
lvl.2

United States

Maybe I need to clarify, on the Pro just next to the SD slot there is a Fan on the the top of the gimbal unit, the P3A doent have it, it does have the space where it would go though with 4 screw holes

thanks,

R
2015-12-11
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

rskardon Posted at 2015-12-12 08:20
Maybe I need to clarify, on the Pro just next to the SD slot there is a Fan on the the top of the gi ...

You were right with your first guess.
The Advanced doesn't have the fan that the pro does (at least none I've seen do)
2015-12-11
Use props
lancegriggs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448327 ft
United States

No P3A fan. No need. Although when powered up sitting without flying, it gets pretty warm.
2015-12-11
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-11
Use props
djiuser_mZabDMOKJc5Y
New
Flight distance : 416995 ft

France

Hello, I have a phantom 3 advanced, and indeed there is no fan on top of the gimbal. I wanted to know if I could add one? But I don’t know where to weld the two sons if I add one.
2021-8-6
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

djiuser_mZabDMOKJc5Y Posted at 8-6 14:50
Hello, I have a phantom 3 advanced, and indeed there is no fan on top of the gimbal. I wanted to know if I could add one? But I don’t know where to weld the two sons if I add one.

Why do you think you need one, DJI doesn't?
If your drone works, don't mess with it!
I've had the P3A since 2016, never messed with it and it still works just fine, does what the specification says!!
Strange my post time shows 23:00 yesterday when I've just posted it today at 0930 here in the UK
2021-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_mZabDMOKJc5Y Posted at 8-6 14:50
Hello, I have a phantom 3 advanced, and indeed there is no fan on top of the gimbal. I wanted to know if I could add one? But I don’t know where to weld the two sons if I add one.

The P3 pro has a fan and an additional chip.
The chip is for creating 4K video and the fan is to dissipate the heat generated by the chip.
The P3 doesn't need a fan as it's not generating anywhere near the heat that the chip does in the pro model.
2021-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

cheddar-man Posted at 8-6 23:31
Why do you think you need one, DJI doesn't?
If your drone works, don't mess with it!
I've had the P3A since 2016, never messed with it and it still works just fine, does what the specification says!!

Strange my post time shows 23:00 yesterday when I've just posted it today at 0930 here in the UK
The times in this forum are always DJI time rather than your local time.
2021-8-7
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

So where's DJI? I'm posting this to see what time it says so I can work it out.............
2021-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

cheddar-man Posted at 8-7 03:25
So where's DJI? I'm posting this to see what time it says so I can work it out.............

Just a guess ... perhaps they are about GMT + 8 or so hours?
2021-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

cheddar-man Posted at 8-7 03:25

DJI's headquarters are in Shenzhen, nextdoor to Hong Kong, but the forum time is the same as California +/- daylight saving.
It's obvious that the forum isn't based in California.
2021-8-8
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Try again, forgot what time I posted it
It is now 1544 here in the UK.
2021-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now