Slow Motion cropped picture?
3102 3 2015-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

Replaced my first Osmo. New one works much better. Did a shoot last weekend and got great stills and video (using good lighting).

Had not had a chance to try the slow motion before. I have read that you cannot access the 120 fps footage, which is too bad.

Question: When I switch to slow motion, I notice that the viewfinder picture and resulting footage are cropped to aboput the center 50% or so. Is this normal?

I then notice in some test footage that the resulting video is somewhat grainy and not great for focus, which would be the case if it is blowing up only the middle portion of the frame. Is this correct operation? If so, it really limits the use of slow motion due to poorer quality end results.
2015-12-12
Use props
info
lvl.1

United States

I too am disappointed that we cannot access the 120fps and the slow motion footage is cropped in so much. I also notice slow motion is extremely grainy in low light. Just did some tests in bright open light today too and its very soft compared to the normal footage, does the x5 do 120fps?   Maybe the crop can be improved upon in future firmware? Maybe not...
2015-12-12
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi sir, the film-area zoom in because the FOV changed to 47 degrees. It's decided by the working mode of camera sensor. The reason for the video turning dark is that the shutter speed was increased in  order to achieve 120fps . Thanks for you feedback.
2015-12-13
Use props
phillipgleed
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-13 20:12
Hi sir, the film-area zoom in because the FOV changed to 47 degrees. It's decided by the working mode of camera sensor. The reason for the video turning dark is that the shutter speed was increased in  order to achieve 120fps . Thanks for you feedback.

So how is it solved?  Mine has just started doing this, I have crystal clear slo-mo uncropped footage taken only last week.  Can't think I've changed any settings since then.
2019-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules